Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Another big problem with Playlists (and Sidelist) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It's till not safe to use sidelist in vdj8 for our playlists.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
VDJ8 final release is out and it continues to erase songs from playlists (which are long to prepare) just with one clic when we remove some songs from the sidelist!! (When these songs where loading in the sidelist from a playlist)

It's unusable like this so, I stay on VDJ7.4.1 as long as it works this way.
I don't want to kill all my playlists.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:23 am
There wil be a fix for this soon.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:26 am
If I drag say my Top 40 playlist and throw it in to the side list then take one of the tracks in the playlist and drag it to say the top of the list , it will not save it there in that spot . Not If I take a new song that is not in the playlist yet and drag it in well that song will save . /.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:31 am
Thank's jakovski for this good news!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:20 am
Oh! And I forgot to say that if you erased tracks in your playlists in VDJ8, these tracks are also erased in VDJ7. (normal because it's the same m3u)
So, for the moment, I can't install VDJ8 on my gig machine.

(That's sad because I love the really big improvement of the sound engine)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:38 pm
It has been a couple of weeks now , and I have the latest build , and still having issues with the playlist . I can ad a new song to the list and yes it will save . But If I take a song that is already in the playlist and move it to say the top of the list , it will not save it there in that spot the next time i open vj

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry guys fro jumping a bit late in the discussion.

From what i read, you are reporting something about VirtualDJ automatically saves your Playlists ? and in a way you lose files ??
Btw, the setting SavePlaylists, is to keep the tracks you have by the time you are closing the software and show them again on launch. It doesn save any playlist (m3u).
Please explain again. Probably missed something while reading the entire thread though.

EDIT. Oh just read once more ;) The issue appears the original order of the Playlist, not some files you lose from that,right ?

EDIT2. I cant reproduce what you report.
So, i have a Playlist on the left side (Folders) and i choose to load to Sidelist or Automix. It appears with the order i had created the list. Then i grab a song from the bottom of the Sidelist and move it to the top. I can see now that order is changed in the Sidelist but not in the Songslist.!
I relaunch VirtualDJ, the Sidelist still holds the list in the order i had it before, but if i choose to Load the same Playlist again from the Folders tree (right-click option), it loads it with the original order.
So really cant reproduce what you are reporting.
Maybe you could try to explain step by step ?

I also tried to remove a track from the Sidelist (right-click-->Remove). the track was gone then from the sidelist, but not from the Plalist. I could still see all the tracks in the SongsList (even after relaunch),and if i choose to load the same Playlist again in the sidelist (or Automix),all tracks are there.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:43 pm
Okay so I made a playlist that I used in 7.4 . So I now open up Vj8 and take my top40 playlist drag it over to the sideview , so i take a song that is already in that playlist and drag it to the top of the list , so it should auto save where i just placed that song , well its not , its moving it back to where it was before i moved it . Now if I take a new song that is not in the playlist right now and drag that song over, well that song will save ...

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:57 pm
From what djdad just explained, the positon of tracks in the sidelist is remembered from session to session (but not saved to a M3U file).

I tested this myself (and posted such yesterday). I can drag tracks to the sidelist, rearrange them and have that new order remembered when I reopen the software.

From what you're saying, you're expecting VDJ to automatically save any tracks that you rearrange into an existing M3U file.

I don't think that's a safe thing to do. You may want the original order kept (in the saved file) and only want a temporary rearragement. If it saved to the M3U without your consent, you would lose the original order without knowing.

What you need to do is, after you rearrange a track or tracks in the list - save it.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 4:23 am
So how do you save it , I know 7.4 has an option to save it but i don't see where it is for vj8

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:21 am
User Guide page 50 :-)

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think the confusion is because there are different ways to load your playlists.
The sideview (area on the right) can display sidelist or automix (and you can load a playlist from the browser in these with right-click Load to Automix/Sidelist)
In this case changes on exit are automatically stored to a temporary playlist, or you can save your changes back to the original playlist using the automix option -> save... button.

You can also use the 'clone' button at the bottom, or drag&drop playlists to the sideview. In this case you will see the actual playlist there (and you can even make a shortcut to it for easy access)
In this case the sideview title will show the playlist's name instead of automix/sidelist, and all changes are immediately stored to the actual playlist.
I will check, but my guess is that the bug is there that changing the order is not automatically saved.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 7:41 am
You know I did read the manual , and I must of fallen asleep when I hit page 50 lol . All fixed now thank you !

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 8:24 am
Thank you DJdad and Adion for your reply,

After some new tests, I don't have the problem anymore!
But the first times I was using VDJ8, I can assure you that when I was loading a playlist in the sidelist and remove a track in the sidelist, it also removed this track in my m3u playlist. But not now! So, I don't know which build has changed this (but I'm sure that something has changed).

Problem solved! (for the moment)
Many thank's!

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 3:42 am
Try this workaround...

Instead of loading to sidelist why don't you load to the Automix window. You can delete and change from Automix area and hopefully it won't erase your playlist.

If loading to sidelist is absolute you can try clicking in the Sidelist window, control+A to select and then holding the left mouse drag all selected file to the Playlist section in Folders. You should see a new playlist titled sidelist. The sidelist is now clear and you have preserved the items in a playlist titled sidelist. Prevent this from happening again by loading to Automix as there are more options available than sidelist. Use this as a workaround until the matter is resolved.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 12:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)