Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Another big problem with Playlists (and Sidelist) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello everybody and compliments to the team for this powerful new version of VirtualDJ (lots of very good things, better sound...)
Here is the big problem for the playlists;

If I load a playlist in the sidelist, i can't remove songs of the sidelist (as in V7).
The only possible choice is; right clic and delete -"supprimer" in french-
And if i delete songs in the sidelist, it also delete it in my playlist!!!

If i reload my playlist, all the songs i have deleted in the sidelist are not anymore in my playlist!!

As long as vdj8 works like that, i keep using v7.4.1 (i don't want to clear all my playlists! It represents years of work)
If there is an option to modify that, i haven't found it.

Hope this to change.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:19 am
Hi there,

I was using playlists over the weekend, and clicked remove instead of delete.... Removed the song from the sidelist without deleting from playlist. O:)

John

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:21 am
Sorry, I would say "remove" and not delete (because in the french version, we have "supprimer" but in the english version it's "remove")

In an automix sideview, I can remove a song without affecting my playlist,
but if I load this playlist in the sidelist, then highlite all the songs and remove them from the sidelist, after that, if I recall this playlist, it's empty!!

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:52 am
If on a Mac, "option + delete" will remove your tracks.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:06 am
I'm on PC.
And I want to remove songs from the sidelist without affecting my initial playlists (it was easy on v7 but now it affects the playlists!)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:11 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i am not shure but in v7 on the position of side list was the automix list

side list was below the main browser.

in vdj 8 side list is moved to the position of automix this could leed in confusion.

in option menu there is an key "handle m3u as folder" just try to change it
maby that helps

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:29 am
Yes, in v7 you had at your right the automix list, and under your browser, the sidelist.

Now, in V8, at your right, you can display sideview which can be automix, sidelist, karaoké, sampler, clones...
And an option let you display the sidelist under the browser like in v7 (but you still can see the sidelist in the sideview at your right).

It's not a confusion. If I remove songs from Automix list, it's OK.
But when I load a playlist in the Sidelist, if I remove songs, it also affects the initial playlist!

I already have tried the option "handle m3u as folder" and still the same problem.

Thank's for your help and I hope to quickly find a fix to this problem.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:27 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
first...the option is called "showM3UAsFolder" So if this is set to yes, m3u files will be shown up in the browser as a folder..so i think this setting has nothing to do with that problem here...

Loaded some tracks in the automix window and createt and saved as a playlist.
Change view from Playlist resp. Automix to sidelist. Marked the new playlist in the left browser area and choosed "load to sidelist". When deleting various files from the loaded playlist in the sidelist window, entries in the playlist got also deletet...so i can confirm that "issue".
Now the question to the Dev-Team...is that a bug or is it ment to be like that...?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:04 am
I've tried it with .m3u files, and they don't seem to get content deleted the same way - only the VDJ "native" playlists do

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:14 am
Hi RobRoy and klausmogensen,

Thank you to have replicated this issue.
Klausmogensen, I have thousands of playlists in Vdj, so, for me it's an issue.

RobRoy, you wonder if it's an issue or is it meant to be like that.
It doesn't have to work this way! If so, we can't use sidelist without killing our playlists!!
It must be changed. (In vdj7 it works well)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:16 am
will report again....;-)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:18 am
Thank's!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:49 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Prestigue,

I think you need to do 2 things.

1. Under options>browser>saveplaylist select NO.

This will stop your edits to the automix from being saved automatically.

2. Only make playlist changes using Automix window. DO NOT make changes in the main browser window. This window is showing you a browser view (like opening a windows explorer) of your playlist. If you delete from there it will get deleted permanently. I agree that the Dev team should relook at this. Playlists should never get edited unless you manually save, even if in the main browser. However, now you know you probably won't do it.

If you want to see the sidelist at the bottom, like in version 7 - this also can be done using options>browser>showhorizontalsidelist

Hope this helps.

P.S. After reading your post again I tried deleting songs from the side list. It gets removed from the playlist. This is not correct behaviour in my opinion. I hope the Dev team changes this.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:59 am
prasanf wrote :

1. Under options>browser>saveplaylist select NO. EDIT: Will give that a try

This will stop your edits to the automix and sidelist from being saved automatically.

2. Only make playlist changes using Automix window or sidelist window. EDIT: That was the point we discussed. It is obvious that when you make changes in the original playlist it will direktly affect the playlist. Should not be in Sidelist. But as is wrote above ...will test it...cause sounds logical...
Thanks..;-)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:06 am
Could not test that fast....;-)
But if still issue present i will monitor my report for any response....

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:15 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think the parameter saveplaylist need be set "NO" by default, I have deleted some songs into my m3u playlist by mistake and luckily I had made ​​a backup before to test VDJ 8!!!

prasanf wrote :
2. Only make playlist changes using Automix window. DO NOT make changes in the main browser window. This window is showing you a browser view (like opening a windows explorer) of your playlist. If you delete from there it will get deleted permanently. I agree that the Dev team should relook at this. Playlists should never get edited unless you manually save, even if in the main browser. However, now you know you probably won't do it

P.S. After reading your post again I tried deleting songs from the side list. It gets removed from the playlist. This is not correct behaviour in my opinion. I hope the Dev team changes this.

+1000
Please ADD a clear SAVE button or, like in VDJ 7, give the possibility to edit a playlist only into the right side dedicated area.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:17 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1

Playlist needs to be the way it was in 7 as far as adding/removing tracks.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:30 am
@ cioce...
Agree...shoud be set to "no" by default ...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:33 am
Even set to "No", removing tracks from the sidelist gets them removed from the playlist.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:10 am
yes this setting spots anothe problem...not really a issue but maybe a general setting from yes to no....

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:18 am
56%