Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Link Video Feature Gone? - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

famol99PRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes i concur we need the video linking feature.. that is the one feature advantage we had over serato now we cant play audio as the screen goes blank and no visuals can be added. so for now while on a gig i use 7 instead of 8 and that is a tad inconvenient bring it back.. PPPPLLLEEEAASSEE

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 10:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
just to clarify here, that you can overlay (link) a video file to an audio one, using the Video Editor. Its just the link on the fly that is missing, and the fact that you need to redo the linked files you have done with version 7.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 12:44 am
famol99 wrote :
no visuals can be added.

See videoAudioOnlyVisualization option.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 6:18 am
spurinPRO InfinityMember since 2007

How do I overlay a video on an audio I'm playing in VDJ 8?
In VDJ 7 this is very simple. When you have an audio (or even a video) on Deck A, you can overlay a video (eg. A cartoon or abstract video) by simply dragging and dropping the video file on the Deck The preview window in the Video panel . Automatically what you are playing, is an MP3 or Video, will pass the video (but not the audio) that superimpose (Video Overlay).
In VDJ 7 this operation is easy and straightforward, since in Virtual DJ 8 can not do it at all!
This is particularly interesting for DJ's who play exclusively using video clips, which is my case.
This would be in the plans of some updating the VDJ8?

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 10:02 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can do that with the video editor.

Just do a rightclick on an audio file and choose "video editor".
You can then click on overlay video and select a video file.

It's not as comfortable as in V7, but you can still do it.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 6:41 am
Unless there's a technical reason I really can't see why Atomix don't simply bring this feature back. People clearly want it so what's the problem?

New version software should make things easier not more complicated by removing a previous action.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 9:53 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
+1 for bringing back the drag n drop video overlay. It's a big deal i think and very useful

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 10:02 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
...KISS factor is missing in so many places that's why I am still using v7 every week, even with the faults, its still manageable. You could also DJ with Ableton too..

Posted Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 4:51 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's a year just about since this and a few other anomalies concerning the video sampler were pointed out but still there has been no progress on either correcting them or a definitive reply from the powers that be that there will be no work done to correct the problems or just hang on in there for a couple more years and we will get round to it... maybe sometime or maybe never.

Personally I'm sticking with seven until the blank video monitors are corrected, I don't know how or why anyone can work with a broken feature as serious as this one.

Hate to be negative guys, but the video sampler was given as part of the new bright future of v8, yet this feature still remains neglected.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:31 am
V8 development seems to have gone a bit stale of late. Atomix should really be looking at why people are still using previous versions and updating V8 to get them to move over. It's been a good while since V8 has been released and should at least now be comparable stability and feature ways with V7

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 6:36 am
patw64PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I also missed this feature, and so went back to VDJ7

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 7:18 pm
If I wanted the KISS factor, I would have stayed with vinyl. We were all crying back then, but we moved on. This is the feature that is keeping you guys from using ver 8? With all due respect that is crazy. I originally missed this feature, but played with the hand that I was dealt. Do I have a different software, then the rest of you? I am all video, and have been playing 8 hour shifts, three nights a week, since the beta version, and have NEVER had a blank screen. That's not because all of my content is video. I have just as many audio tracks as the rest of you, and NEVER have a blank screen. There are three other VDJ users in my club, two of them also do video, and they NEVER have blank screens. None of us use the video editor, and there is NEVER a blank screen. I have many options in the videoaudioonly plugin, including live camera feed. I have many video samples available, including some of the personal drops made for me by Paul (Tayla). I also have drops loaded into Tellymedia, that is provide free (I sent him a donation, so I have all the updates). I am actually working on the 4th, and have more American flags, fireworks, and Happy 4th of July drops than any man could possibly use, and will NEVER have a blank screen. I have 99 problems, but a blank screen ain't one. So, if you are still using version 7, it's not because of blank screens, unless you have a different version of 8 than I do. That is a choice that you have made, but at least you have one.

P.S Did I over do the NEVER thing?

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 9:29 pm
Hi from France !
Any news about the linked video option in Virtual DJ8 ?
The video Editor is a good think but not for live playing: it's impossible to ad a video during playing a song, really ????
And for me, when I want to use the editor, it crach 9 times for 10.
The "drag & drop" option was great, sure with problems of synchornization between some audio and video clip.
But if we can have this "drag&drope" and a good video editor it will be the best !
Hope it will be in a future update.
Bye !!

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 11:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you actually try? It's already back since a couple of months.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 11:39 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
its in the video editor...
doesnt need to prepare your sets or do a lot of work.. just right-click any audio track, open in in video editor, click overlay video and add the one you want to use.. done ;)

The advantage is that is saved as its own file, with "(video edit)" at end .. so you can easier spot them, as well as if you would want, you can fine tune and edit the video(s) used...

Yes, its not a simple drag-and-drop to video output in skin to do this, but not crazy hard to make on the fly either ;)

(but maybe the old behaviour could be added back, to make a simple overlay video edit on the fly, in the most basic form.. )

As One of the Djs that has gotten used to working with the video editor i have said it many time and i will say it again. it makes VDJ CRASH. Every time i try to use it

it will make vdj crash and restart! So if you really want Video Djs to use this on the fly i suggest you guys start looking into what makes the video editor so unstable.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 1:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you can replicate a crash then please do so using a current build and provide all the information to us.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 1:41 pm
DJ-Martiall wrote :
it's impossible to ad a video during playing a song, really ????

This is (still) not possible.
You have to drag&drop the video over the audio (or another video) before you start playing the song.
VDJ will then create a new .vdjedit file and load it into the deck ready to be played.

And the linking is not only back, it is improved. If you link a video over another that is the same song one in a remix version, on in original version, VDJ will try to match the video to the audio. Works very well...

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 1:48 pm
PachN wrote :
DJ-Martiall wrote :
it's impossible to ad a video during playing a song, really ????

This is (still) not possible.
You have to drag&drop the video over the audio (or another video) before you start playing the song.
VDJ will then create a new .vdjedit file and load it into the deck ready to be played.

And the linking is not only back, it is improved. If you link a video over another that is the same song one in a remix version, on in original version, VDJ will try to match the video to the audio. Works very well...

Hi everybody !
I am using VDJ8 since few days and i'm used with VDJ7.
So, if i want to add a video in 'live mode', i have to do it during the preview of the title.
Yes, this is true, VDJ try to match the video to the audio and it works well.
But sometime, the video is cut to many time.
So I try to modify the file, but the editor crash every time and i don't know why ???
I will made new tests today.
Bye.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 6:42 am

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:27 am
Hi guys

I think I have the opposite issue here - I have used 7 for years and had dropped ambient videos onto a few audio only tracks.

To remove the overlay in VDJ7 was easy - right click & remove video.

Does anyone know how to do this in VDJ8?? I had the blank screen thing too on Saturday, playing audio tracks where the previously assigned video was out of date and so didn't play.

The default for audio only had been clipbank. BRILLIANT!!! TeleMedia doesn't feel as easy to use, and I have experienced crashes whilst inside telemedia & the music is playing, leaving me reluctant to delve much. Particularly during a gig.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 5:41 pm
96%