Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Link Video Feature Gone? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I must say out of all the features this must be brought back. As a VDJ you need on the fly access to a visual when a track has no video... especially if it is a request you've not got in ages or a new track without a video.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
RobRoy wrote :

LoL...

all good ;) hehe.. yeah if its practically possible it might be added a simple form of doing it like v7. lets see ;)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
Tavares sang Don't Take Away The Music....

VDJ users are singing Don't Take Away The Features.

:-)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
So, any update on this Virtual DJ?

Now that you have released VDJ8 to the masses ...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:58 am
glenski wrote :
Now that you have released VDJ8 to the masses

Blimey, when did that happen.......and why no announcement here? I see they changed the name of the forum area too.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:02 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
hm...if there is no duplicates how do i see all my video edited mp3 doubly ? mp3 and video edit ?

2: in vdj 7 i had no pause (blackout) between visual over my mp3 ? now i got blackout every time my visual is at the beginning ?
where is loop mode ? beat sync ? i am talking about only one visual over across mp3
if i use stretch option to avoid black between videos my video is slow(delayed)

3: if i load mp3 into the player and do video edit in tag editor that video wont show so i need to load (mp3 video edit) again to my player after i save video work in tag editor

is that shorter way or drag and drop ?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:15 pm
Are VDJ going to be bringing back this feature as this is required for video DJing?

The sampler is no good as a replacement for this as a) visuals with click tracks broadcast their audio as well as video content. b) Once the visual as played out it stops instead of looping (most of these visuals are only a few seconds long and are designed to be looped).

The video editer is no good for this because a) It is long winded and would require every audio only track to be pre-editted). b) It creates a seperate version of the orginal file, this is no good for storage space if you are adding a visual to every audio track (which you will be doing) and is an administration nightmare as multiple music collection backups are kep on seperate files and keeping a backup of each editted file after digging them out induvidually is gonna be a pain in the backside as oppossed to just backing up the database. c) The visual has to be added to the audio file by using a Windows Explorer sty;e browser where as with the original link video you simply type in "ambient" in the VDJ browser and drag and drop one onto the preview window.

The original way of doing this was the best, dont take away one of the easiest and best VJ functions from VDJ.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
I suggest you look at the Sample Editor.
There you can switch off the Audio Track or the Video Track to a sample. You can set it to loop and multiple other options.

a) It may be longer than v7 but it can do more
b) It does NOT create a completely separate file, it creates a tiny XML file which VDJ reads and overlays the video on the fly.
c) We have requested that there is an option to drag and drop from the browser section into the video editor.

The original way is the old way. I'm not saying it won't come back- i'm not a developer. But this is a change for the future.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:43 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
djtouchdan wrote :
I suggest you look at the Sample Editor.
There you can switch off the Audio Track or the Video Track to a sample. You can set it to loop and multiple other options.

a) It may be longer than v7 but it can do more
b) It does NOT create a completely separate file, it creates a tiny XML file which VDJ reads and overlays the video on the fly.
c) We have requested that there is an option to drag and drop from the browser section into the video editor.

The original way is the old way. I'm not saying it won't come back- i'm not a developer. But this is a change for the future.

old way :) .... a long time ago 1985 when i was young dj i worked in top club ,after 2 years came boss and decided to remake the whole club
and came top architects and got club modeled like the most beautiful clubs in Italy at that time.
After that job was finished my dj desk was huge and beautiful, but the architect has done the shelves with records (2meters) cca.. four steps away from me?
So entire evening I walked up to the counter shelf with records because it was beautiful and new designed by top architect , nobody asked me what is best for me
:)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:26 pm
Video Sampler - it's always disappearing. How do you get it to stay in place? It's always changing back to sounds.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:43 am
Ho hum...

So any update on this video link feature returning to VDJ?

I'm sticking with VDJ Pro 7.4 and even considering other software now because this feature is gone!

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 7:23 pm
I havent started using VDJ8 at gigs yet as I need this feature.

The sampler method requires pre editting of each visual's settings and adding of each to the sampler whih is a pain in the backside.

The video editter doesn't actually work. I created a video edit with a visual overlay and saved it. When I play the video edit it doesnt overlay the visual just plays the audio.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:18 pm
stardustkaraoke wrote :
The video editter doesn't actually work. I created a video edit with a visual overlay and saved it. When I play the video edit it doesnt overlay the visual just plays the audio.

The video editor does work. you need to make sure that you load the 'edit' file and not the original MP3 files. (itll have a spanner on the icon).

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 3:55 am
But still, why miss the video link feature out? it's bonkers if you ask me !!!

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 9:05 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just an idea, if the video link feature could be made to behave were if you left click a video file you want to link to a playing audio file by just dragging it into the video panel like it was done in v7....

..And If you want to link with the edit feature on in v8, just right click and drag the video file into the video panel, this would be simple to understand.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:26 am
Is anyone form Atomix / VDJ actually taking notice of this thread?

You ask us to comment in here rather than on Facebook - yet no one from Atomix / VDJ replies with a definitive answer - poor show

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 11:31 am
Everything reported has been noted and passed to the development team.

At this moment in time we have no information as to when or if features like this will return. But rest assured they are aware of the requests and the number of people asking for them.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 12:04 pm
I definitely don't want two copies of every audio file I have linked showing up in my browser or file system. It's already cluttered enough as it is. Shame because 8 is much smoother than 7, but it's not workable yet. I suppose I wouldn't mind if the .vdjedit files got saved somewhere else, like a hidden folder, or in the VDJ root, but alongside each of my files does not work. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but I'm one of those people that edits every file before integrating it into my file structure. Previous method of referencing it via xml was great, although not as powerful as the new method. Kudos for the work guys, I like where this is going. :)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 6:10 pm
I'm going back to version 7, I need to link Video on the fly! + remove the Virtual DJ logo from video when I'm DJ'ing in a venue that does not have WiFi connection!

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 9:06 am
thescenenightclub wrote :
remove the Virtual DJ logo from video when I'm DJ'ing in a venue that does not have WiFi connection!

You can do that. You don't need a connection to run VDJ 8 anyway.

As long as you've logged in to 8 prior to the gig (when you're somewhere with a connection i.e. home) then 8 will still be logged in when you use it at the venue.

You don't need to log out each time before closing VDJ 8 down.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 9:15 am
72%