Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Custom Skins & Skin Engine - Page: 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
dj-in-norway wrote :

more than 6 cues, maybe, but thats sort of what the remix mode in the sampler can be for... for the x8 trigger pad guys, with a trigger pad layout

please explain the remix mode! have not seen any info for this feature yet! tried getting it to work with my launchpad ;)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:03 pm

think of remix mode as a special mode of the sampler, where it acts in ways like hot cues.
you can have unlimited ones, fill up your whole launchpad should you like ;)

By default VDJ will make some stock remix points if the song is perfectly detected and suitable.
You can add as many as you want.. Either just by setting a cue, and changing mode from cue to remix point in the POI editor.
Or adding them from within the POI editor itself.

(the POI editor, opens if you click on the smaller deck waveform, or right click any song in browser and choose... )

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:11 pm
whoot whoot thats a killer feature! but if by default VDJ will make
some stock remix points if
the song is perfectly
detected and suitable, WHEN does this happen? upon loading a track into a deck? or once setting a remix point?

absolutely the best new feature in my eyes and so cooool if it works as.i imagine, e.g. loading a track as 64 samples to manipulate.

but i'd rather dont want to set 64 remix points myself. does vdj have a option to create points evenly devided over the lenght of a track?

i think this feature should get a more detailed workflow explanation in the manual. whats y'all guys opinion?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:57 pm
It seems to work best (automatically adding them) when a track has very distinct waveform differences beween sections.

On tracks which are very compressed, and just have one big long sausage of a waveform, you won't see many added.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
tried alot of good quality tracks, is there maybe a setting or option i am missing

aaaand btt what about skinning capabilities of the editor, what can be done with the new sdk?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:34 pm
Wow! not seen this either...must check out...thanks guys...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:43 pm
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,
With movement of the mouse (or trackpad) over the browser ( on every new V8 skin) the music playes on but the waveform and the jogwheels are "hanging".
What to do ?

Macbook pro 8.3
intel i7
2.4 ghz
4GB ram

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:39 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ_Craig wrote :
djjecky wrote :
Homeboy wrote :
There are several different options for the wavefrom at the top

You can also use your mouse to zoom in and out on most waveforms.

I like the smoothness and clarity of the 8 waveform but i don't know if its just me but it doesn't seem to give a good representation of when the music is synced like on the 7. On the bright side it helps my train my ears more but...

I've noticed this on some tracks. The waveform is in front or behind of the other track once you match the beats with your ears. Report it in one of the other threads or create a new one.

Exactly Djcraig thats exactly what i get. Tried other skins just to see and the waveform on some looks good on some but i prefer the vdj original skin. Just like the way it looks (with the exception of a few things). K i will try reporting it in a new thread

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:47 pm
squincyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
pseft wrote :
djernie2 wrote :
I looked in download then in skins and i still only see one v8 skin. I did a search for greysheep hd Nothing comes up. Maybe I am going to the wrong download section.

When you get into "skins" press the "date" tab and that brings up al V8 skins 1st

I have done all this but then when I go to the graphic Interface section to change it to the new skin it is not there despite the zip file being in skins ?? Please needs answers quickly driving me bonkers lol

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)