Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 48

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Never use pitch delay 0.00000
0.1000 was my settings at Bpm for a rapid pitch slider response but this is maybe an extreme setting.
Default is 0.5 so anything between 0.2 to 0.5 is a safer value. 0.2000 seems good so far to balance between speed and stability.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 9:07 am
I'm not sure why but with timecode CD (TVC) at the beginning of the song it takes off really quick the pitch goes up and down.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:12 am
audio000 wrote :
I'm not sure why but with timecode CD (TVC) at the beginning of the song it takes off really quick the pitch goes up and down.

I also use Timecode CD and don't experience this, you sure your signal and settings are correct?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:52 am
Same thing happens to me and I'm using the specs Rune posted......and VDJ says I have a nice clean signal.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:02 pm
Yes

signal settings are correct

I'm not happy right now with VDJ (I'm just a dj not a computer programmer) All I know is that timecode should work.
I don't like Traktor because of all the setting it has. Now I feel the same way about VDJ. This is getting to be full time job
just to get the program to work right when do I get to mix and have fun with it.........

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 1:32 pm
yes me to the pitch jumps in the beginning and i put timecodepitchdely on 0.1 and 0.2 / 0.3/ 0.4/ 0.5 samething.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 4:59 pm
Doing some testing just now and OK something wrong with the pitch on timecode vinyl now when i mix the pitch of the song is moving to to much it does not stay in place not even for i second and all my setting are right i got my setting from apopsis he help because the pitch was acting weird and after he gave me these setting it still acting weird .it hard to mix the pitch does not stay still u have to keep your hand on the pitch slider on the turntable all day and it still hard to mix in a song it does not stay on point for 1 second at all.Dev can u please help.And like Dj Sky-Trendsetters said there is pitch fluctuations.help and even with the sync nothing it like the pitch is off on a track. thanks is anybody else having this problem.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 11:06 am
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Same problem whats going on !!!!!

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 2:08 am
angelt99 wrote :
Doing some testing just now and OK something wrong with the pitch on timecode vinyl now when i mix the pitch of the song is moving to to much it does not stay in place not even for i second and all my setting are right i got my setting from apopsis he help because the pitch was acting weird and after he gave me these setting it still acting weird .it hard to mix the pitch does not stay still u have to keep your hand on the pitch slider on the turntable all day and it still hard to mix in a song it does not stay on point for 1 second at all.Dev can u please help.And like Dj Sky-Trendsetters said there is pitch fluctuations.help and even with the sync nothing it like the pitch is off on a track. thanks is anybody else having this problem.

Try mixing with your controller instead of time codes and tell me if the problem remains the same. I have a feeling the reasons why the songs wont remain synced is because of incorrect beat grid or wrong BPM being reported by the software.

This pitch issue seems to be a time code vinyl issue because i have no such issue using CDs....

Does the problem still exist when you use your NuMark vinyl??

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 7:42 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters ok i try it with just the hercules rmx2 nothing else and the pitch is good on the controller it move on the dot so it good there.now i hook up the turntables and just the american audio 10 mxr no hercules hook up.and the pitch is off u can not keep a beat sync with each other the pitch is all over the place on timecode vinyl.i just did virtual dj radio and it was the worst set i had can not keep the pitch on point it move to to much.so then i decided to press the sync button to see if it will stay on point and still the pitch move all over the place.need help dev team

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 4:39 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should post a video of what you mean by the pitch is off and the pitch is all over the place to better help the Team to understand your issue. Or even try a fresh reinstall if you haven't done so already.

I have zero issues with my sl3 sound card and Turntables regarding pitch. I have no pitch fluctuations beside the occasional
0.1 flutter - but is not enough to throw off a mix.

Example in vdj a song may have a BPM value of : 80.20 - now this may fluctuate between:
80.17 to 80.23 - but this is normal for turntables..

Now if the BPM is 80.20 and it is fluctuating between 83.XX to 77.XX - then you have a problem

In serato for you don't even see the decimal portion of the BPM

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 12:06 am
I have same problem like angel the flutuation goes like example 80.23 to 82.43 and few seconds goes back to 80.23 and few seconds movies back 80.23 that movement its like on all songs its frecuntly,

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 12:43 am
These are some of my settings, compare with yours and adjust where necessary to see if you can eliminate the problem.

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 2:01 am
Also try cleaning your needles if you haven't done so already..

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 2:02 am
I done everthing you said already but still the problem ,And also i move My settings one by one but nothing change!!!!

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 2:29 am
I tried some scratching last night in 1973.813 and both in smart and relative mode on some points in various file formats the position leaped through the track (VDJ TC in good condition, perfect signals).
Also - pleeeeeeease enable switching on TC without having the playback skipping. Every version before 8 did it perfectly well, Serato does it when switchng back from internal mode, only v8 skips and I need to clean my needles a lot when I work with smokers.

What information can I provide to help solving this?

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 2:37 am
espepe wrote :
I have same problem like angel the flutuation goes like example 80.23 to 82.43 and few seconds goes back to 80.23 and few seconds movies back 80.23 that movement its like on all songs its frecuntly,

same thing and DJ Xgl I try your setting and still having the same problem.when i have time this week i will do a video.

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 8:22 am
I only have 1 bug with VDJ8 and that's the wave form sometimes not loading properly when auto cue is on. Wave form doesn't correspond with position of track on some songs

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 8:32 am
same pitchpfluctuations for me, upto 0.5 on the 1st track I tried, had it b4 but was fixed in one of the last builds, guess it's back to haunt us a bit :D

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 8:34 am
I get between +/-.04 pitch fluctuation, this isn't enough to put off a mix but i'm using CDs where wow and flutter is basically non existent

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 10:13 am
100%