Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 47

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm always wondering why deleting the settings.xml fixes this problem...
If it does, then VDJ isn't catching an exception while reading the settings.xml.
And if there is no settings.xml - so no exception while reading - VDJ creates the default .xml.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:05 am
I gave time codes a proper pounding for 5 hours non stop last night and it handled everything I threw at it. I felt confident enough to use VDJ8 at a major gig. Apart from the cue jump issue on some tracks, it's safe to say the software is about 90% ready (for me that is). BTW the laptop I used was an i3, Max CPU peaked at 30% the entire 5 hours

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 5:48 am
Yes me to I give timecode 90% ready so I agree.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 6:35 am

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 7:07 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
here's a vid of a track stopping for no reason on the left deck,
picked up the needle & dropped it a bit further & it plays again..
As you can see on the skin, my signal doesn't drop during this. I did stop the right track myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFAXnHL1MTU&feature=youtu.be

Das

the timecode signal on the skin is not accurate, better if you keep the timecode settings windows opened and/or you record the timecode signal to see what happened when deck has been stopped without a reason.
Damaged timecode vinyl, needle, bad cables, sometimes can be the reason for that.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 8:26 am
Don't think it's my setup as it works fine in v7.4, tried that earlier this week

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 9:06 am
just tried it, fraps doesn't record the options window so... end of story
can't record the timecode signal either as it only records from the 1st deck you start

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 9:17 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
just tried it, fraps doesn't record the options window so... end of story
can't record the timecode signal either as it only records from the 1st deck you start

Dude something isn't right with your setup. Your CPU is crying for help as it's peaking alot.... audio dropouts is certainly bound to occur.

Increase your latency to 13ms then reduce it without peaking your CPU
Also reduce the frames per second on your skin to about 25

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 6:31 pm
Well in the newest update they have a fix in for the high CPU usege when using timecodes, not saying it's all VDJ but like I said before there was a big difference on my machine cause it was jacked way up........

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 6:37 pm
the cpu usage is due to fraps running, i will try those settings in the morning tho

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 7:06 pm
just did a 90 minute set with build 1970.807, did change my skinfps from 30 to 25 but doubt it has anything to do with it

1. tracks stopping for no reason (SEEMS FIXED)
2. weird pitch fluctuations (SEEMS FIXED)
3. pitch getting out of sync (SEEMS FIXED)

Will do some more testing as soon as I have some free time :)

EDIT : used absolute mode like usual

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 7:57 am
ok found something wrong with timecode vinyl and the pitch slider on the software .So when i scratch and release the track the pitch slider move so say it move - u can here it slow down alittle bit and then go back to normal speed.another bug with the pitch slider on the software again.dev need help thanks

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 8:36 am
angelt99 wrote :
ok found something wrong with timecode vinyl and the pitch slider on the software .So when i scratch and release the track the pitch slider move so say it move - u can here it slow down alittle bit and then go back to normal speed.another bug with the pitch slider on the software again.dev need help thanks

This usually happens when the pitch delay is too low. I get this when I set my pitch delay to 0.0000

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 9:35 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

This usually happens when the pitch delay is too low. I get this when I set my pitch delay to 0.0000

right now i have it on 0.100000 so what number should i set it on ?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 10:00 am
did you try the default 0.5?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 11:11 am
@Angel did this issue arise from the most recent build?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 12:31 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
did you try the default 0.5?

yes

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 2:57 pm

ok what page and what number u recommend ?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 2:58 pm
angelt99 wrote :

pitch delay 0.200000

Pitch sensitivity 1

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:30 pm
angelt99 wrote :

pitch delay 0.200000
Pitch sensitivity 1

ok thanks i will try it .

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:44 pm
98%