Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 45

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

but if you catch your self before you reach that point theres no way to go back without waiting for the song or record to end cause if you re-engage it goes to the position.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 10:17 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
but if you catch your self before you reach that point theres no way to go back without waiting for the song or record to end cause if you re-engage it goes to the position.

I understand, that's why I said we'll implement a "timecode_disengage" action.
I just wondered why some said that it's "not like in v7", because afaik v7 was behaving the same.

also, because the comments were "Absolute mode is buggy. Smart mode is more fluid, just with weird behaviors.", I suppose this was referring to something else than just the lack of a timecode_disengage action, no?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 11:35 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mljfwihge8cmr8i/absolute%20%281280%20x%20720%29.m4v?dl=0

This a a previous build vid of absolute mode, it still works the same now, you can disregard the comments in the videos - about "how I think the software should work" - as you already explained how absolute mode works in vdj

But a you can see the video - where I can play the track at the beginning and at the end of the record - but not in the center - and also has audio buffer beeps..

I will do another vid - about absolute mode if this bug is not clear enough..

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 11:54 pm
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
They don't behave the same.. similar, but not the same. Absolute mode is buggy..
Smart mode is more fluid, just with weird behaviors..

If you want something changed in smart/absolute mode, you'll need to be more precise.
Most of the betatesters said that smart and absolute was working perfectly now, so...

just to be sure, let me explain how it's supposed to work in virtualdj (and yes, that is not the *exact* same as the competitors, but we dont copy the others, we always try to make something better

3) smart mode:
in smart mode, small needle drops (less than 1 minute) are relative, so it keeps the cues/loops.
bigger needle drops map the full length of the vinyl to the full length of the song.

Ok - I retested smart mode - it is fine by your definition - The weird behavior I was referring to was the track restarting when I move the needle - but I guess I was moving the needled more than 1 minute on the vinyl.

An option to increase the default minute mark - would be great - to me a 1 minute on the vinyl is too short - so an option to increase the minute mark would be good.

Relative Mode = Good
Edit:
Smart Mode = Unstable - A small backspin can cause the track to jump to the end of the track.. Not even a full backspin - from about 4 o'clock to 12'clock.. Smart mode wasn't tested properly..
Absolute Mode = Bug in my video needs to be fixed.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 12:18 am
Finally had time to test a bit yesterday.
Had several skips in all modes, not sure wether it's software, carts or vinyl, all are same age & no spares around so no option to swap :D
But what I'm sure is a remaining bug is the pitch
ended up in smart mode & in some cases my pitch on TT was -6 to 7 & when loading a new track, the pitch wouldn't adjust anymore & get out of sync (tt vs software) by about 6%
had to put pitch on TT on 0 again & reset it in the software

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 2:28 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
Had several skips in all modes, not sure wether it's software, carts or vinyl, all are same age & no spares around so no option to swap :D
ended up in smart mode & in some cases my pitch on TT was -6 to 7 & when loading a new track, the pitch wouldn't adjust anymore & get out of sync (tt vs software) by about 6%

Can not be no skip in relative mode what kind of needle do u have and how do u have your tone arm set that it is skiping ?and what beta update are u are on?

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:04 am
last build
shure 447, 23°angle, 3gr weight, 4 height, 0 anti-skating (1200's so s shaped tone-arm)
gonna try to lower the height after work

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:20 am
dasouth2004 wrote :

Your problems sounds unique, all modes work as they should over here except for the bug in absolute mode that xgl pointed out

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:44 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@dasouth2004

Are you on the latest BETA build 1960?

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 7:06 am
DJ Koz wrote :
@dasouth2004

yes, i am on 1960

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 9:20 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
DJ Koz wrote :
@dasouth2004

yes, i am on 1960

and u are using cdj timecode u left me a message on youtube.it me DJ BIGMIX

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:13 am
no, vdj timecode vinyls

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:25 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
no, vdj timecode vinyls

oh ok because u left me a message and u ask me if i was using traktor cd timecode?

but i dont know what could be wrong i have it on relative mode and it not skipping at all on me put a pic of your setting so i an see how u have it?

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:55 am
pic of software settings?
wasn't me who msg'ed you
still at work, will do in the morning

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 12:14 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

Your problems sounds unique, all modes work as they should over here except for the bug in absolute mode that xgl pointed out

Sky-Trendsetter - If you got TT's around - no cd players - do a set in smart mode and let me know if it jumps - no drifts but jumps.

angelt99 - could you also do a set in smart mode if you have a chance..

I want to see if it just me who has this issue with jumping, in smart mode - I will see if I can catch this on video, as it is something that does NOT happen all the time, but it happens..

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 12:01 am
To DEVS

Absolute mode and smart mode has a bug where it doesn't load the entire track from the beginning.

It plays up to a cue point then skips once it gets to the cue point, see video below

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:01 am
just mixed a bit in absolute mode & also had a song that stopped way too early, didn't have any que points set
I'm also 100% sore that I played this track b4 in 1960 build w/o the issue, only not sure if I was using absolute or smart..
5th time I restart this recording.. getting frustrating, guess I'll go for relative this time.
Didn't have any skips after adjusting my needles tho so that's good news, 23¨angle, 3 weight, 0 height & 0 anti skating now

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:11 am
tried relative mode, it's not my thing so forget about me using it
Went back to absolute, 1st track, skip occurs
Def not my TT setup, it never skips on me when scratching but in the middle of a track while i'm not touching anything

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:30 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
tried relative mode, it's not my thing so forget about me using it
Went back to absolute, 1st track, skip occurs
Def not my TT setup, it never skips on me when scratching but in the middle of a track while i'm not touching anything

A video would be more useful dude

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
How about your TC discs? Are they in good condition? (just a pondering)

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:49 am
94%