Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What have they done!!! - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Again, browser full screen can be achieved with skinning, and I actually like what they have done with the playlist and sidelist.

This is prerelease software and can be modified. A lot of the people on here seem to think it's final but this is really a beta version.

Keith

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Again, browser full screen can be achieved with skinning, and I actually like what they have done with the playlist and sidelist.

This is prerelease software and can be modified. A lot of the people on here seem to think it's final but this is really a beta version.

Keith

That's kind of why I'm getting my comments in early hoping that they will change things - but I'm not holding my breath. I can't wait another 6 months for this beta to turn into a final release. I'm looking at some of the other software which has been released recently.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:16 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Apart from a few niggles and some legacy plugins needing some updates, from what I've seen so far most problems can be solved by tweaking skins and config settings. On the whole it's working nicely (for me at least), as the man said it's just a public beta, no doubt there will be a few more tweaks and improvements before it's ready for general release - it's updated at least twice already since I first downloaded it yesterday afternoon.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:19 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does it get updates?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:24 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Updates are downloaded automatially. If any are available you get a notification next time you start up VDJ.
Current version is 1748

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:28 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
can this be turned off? Would hate an update live during a gig. :)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Have you looked in the options yet? ;)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:10 pm
Updates do not interfere with a current session. It will background download (if you have internet access) and sit patiently. The next time the software launches it will update.

But as Scott says- check options.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:12 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Scrinson wrote :

Shouldn't you let the customers decide that? There are many ways of DJing and getting the job done. I'm a mobile DJ and do about 70 weddings a year. I sometimes need to leave the booth and I would rather have a time line setup where I've checked every mix than leave it to the automix which has given some awful and questionable results.

Or is this Atomix telling everyone how they have to do their business?

I still don't believe you got it to work. If you did, please offer it as an option as I would rather have it than not. With regard to increasing the size of the software, don't worry, hard drive has never been cheaper.

In the manual it describes how to work the mix points in automix. The timeline feature works there.
Check out the section on the automix editor, page 76, and see if this is what you are looking for.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:31 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It was mentioned earlier that you can turn off the cover art in the browser but not by the wave forms.
I right clicked on the track title in a deck and the cover art disappeared. Right clicking again brings it back. Right clicking on the cover art will allow you to open the tag editor.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:34 pm
Hey SBDJ, will your freestyler plugin work in V8?

Thanks

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:08 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Hey Scrinson,

have you tried it yet...?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)