Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What have they done!!! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djjecky wrote :
This guy spent 30 mins and he is already complaining. I spent 7 hrs trying to see if i can get everything i had on the 7. Have to admit its almost totally different probably even more difficult to use than the 7 which was easy to use. But i like it. And thats the fun of getting new stuff. Going through everything and trying it out. Have a question though. What about the backspin effect? This was one of my favourite things if not the favourite. It said that it wasn't compatible with the 8 and i had to remove it from the folder to avoid getting the notification every time. There is a setting in the options which says that with a setting you can backspin with the jog wheels and when it stops moving the effect still goes as normal (at least thats what i understood). But it doesn't. and it doesn't sound the same. Can anyone help with that?

I wasn't complaining I was asking questions and making comments, besides I only need 1/2 hour.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Scrinson wrote :
They say they decided to drop it but I believe that they just couldn't get it working.

So you are obviously wrong...

sclavel wrote :
We fully implemented this new timeline, and even started to show some beta previews at various tradeshows and exhibitions.
But the more we used it, the more we realized that, while it sounded great on paper and made for great marketing headlines, it was not so useful in real-life situations for working DJs.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:17 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Scrinson wrote :

3. Why do we still have the ridiculous spinning disk? It takes up too much screen area which could be used for useful stuff. I can tell when a song is playing because I can hear it and see the waveforms moving. I know you worked so hard to make it 'round' at all resolutions but the spinning disk is redundant.

Maybe. However they are the trademark of the software. Also scratch / tc users want/use them.
[quote=Scrinson]

This is not 100% true as a timecode dj i rather have a waveform in front of me that can be edited i will give you a pic, its from another software i use and trying to fnd a VDJ skin or learn to build one that will replace those disk with a waveform view that will do a lot of edits withi it....heres a screen shot of what i mean...

so basically im gonna try to put the top waveform of the rhythm window one the left deck, bottom on right deck and see if i can get some of those new editing tools like bpm edit and cbg edits as part of the waveform...even if thats possible...is it possible to make those changes in a skin.
The second pic shows edit available to cbg so the edits you offer now will be available on the front screen instead of multiples mouse clicks, if its possible

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:22 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
.is it possible to make those changes in a skin

can definitively make skins like that ;) and i'm sure there will be tons of those.. .
a somewhat similar old skin http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8875/C_E_.html (but can do it tons better with the v8 engine )

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:33 am
Maybe someone has made one similar already for v8? ;-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:41 am
maybe maybe ;)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:42 am

This is nice...would like to remove the mixer...when using timecode i dont use the mixer in vdj no eqss or crossfasder, crossfader is diabled. so dont need it. but i wanna see this skin someone has already, well have "maybe" created hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:54 am
PachN wrote :
Scrinson wrote :
They say they decided to drop it but I believe that they just couldn't get it working.

So you are obviously wrong...

sclavel wrote :
We fully implemented this new timeline, and even started to show some beta previews at various tradeshows and exhibitions.
But the more we used it, the more we realized that, while it sounded great on paper and made for great marketing headlines, it was not so useful in real-life situations for working DJs.

Shouldn't you let the customers decide that? There are many ways of DJing and getting the job done. I'm a mobile DJ and do about 70 weddings a year. I sometimes need to leave the booth and I would rather have a time line setup where I've checked every mix than leave it to the automix which has given some awful and questionable results.

Or is this Atomix telling everyone how they have to do their business?

I still don't believe you got it to work. If you did, please offer it as an option as I would rather have it than not. With regard to increasing the size of the software, don't worry, hard drive has never been cheaper.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:59 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Anything is possible with skins here a concept of a video skin.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:01 am
Midnight Blue - coming soon!!

(and yes you can hide the album art if you like :-) )

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:05 am
I will agree that some of the more basic functions should br more Intuative. I also love/hate that the setup panel has so many configurable options. I feel the more options you give people the more of a chance they can change a setting and screw something up then they blame the product for their error

Everyone has their skin preference , I like some of the new skin other parts not so much. It works really well so far and it will only improve

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:09 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Everyone has their skin preference

And that is Why VDJ is great!! lol :-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:11 am
Hi Scrinson,

I feel you! (slang for I understand you)

When you have been using a format for as long as you have you get comfortable and secure with certain routines. This makes it uncomfortable when change comes. I too feel a bit disoriented with all of the new and great features of VDJ8 having used it only one night but in a month you will be right as rain.

How often do you legally get a new wife, with new bells and whistles, who is faster and sexier for free? Well consider VDJ8 your new wife that you get to break in like it was the first time again. Enjoy her, embrace her, love her. Her name is VirtualDJ 8.

:^)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:43 am
sonisphere wrote :

How often do you legally get a new wife, with new bells and whistles, who is faster and sexier for free? Well consider VDJ8 your new wife that you get to break in like it was the first time again. Enjoy her, embrace her, love her. Her name is VirtualDJ 8.

and the award for "Analogy of the Day" goes to you sir!!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:52 am
My new wife has bugs!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:56 am

Yes but now we are all older, slower and no longer in it for love!

:^)[/quote]

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:56 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djtouchdan wrote :
Midnight Blue - coming soon!!

(and yes you can hide the album art if you like :-) )

I've seen this, well something similar somewhere before, lol

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:07 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
groovindj wrote :
My new wife has bugs!

Tell me just only one, who hasenĀ“t .....LOL...!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:36 pm
sonisphere wrote :
Hi Scrinson,

I feel you! (slang for I understand you)

When you have been using a format for as long as you have you get comfortable and secure with certain routines. This makes it uncomfortable when change comes. I too feel a bit disoriented with all of the new and great features of VDJ8 having used it only one night but in a month you will be right as rain.

I'd prefer it if the change was in the forward direction. For example...

Being able to make the browser full screen was awesome because people like me with low resolution laptops and bad eyesight could see what they were doing. Not any more! Being able to drag a song between the Playlist (which for some reason has been renamed automix) and the Sidelist was again awesome. Not any more. VDJ8 should be VDJ7+ not VDJ7-.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:47 pm
You know you can make the text bigger in the browser, right?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:54 pm
77%