Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

the sticker also drifts,not by much, on the stanton scs1d,but only in longer "distances"/a few revolutions... no drift on scratching samples,there is drift if the vinyl turns 3 times or more...

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:37 am
I hadn't really noticed it before, but after more test runs i watched the onscreen position marker (on the 3700) start out at around 2 o'clock and slowly move to about 1 o'clock. This is like moving the beginning of the song back in time. I actually have to adjust my stick forward from 12 to 1 to make up the difference. It's like the software isn't reporting the correct position to the controller. And as PartyBoy said, it gets worse the more revolutions you allow. Hope this helps

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 12:00 pm
Have there been any changes that would improve the sticker drift issues?

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 10:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I tested in 1996 and I'm still getting drift with my 3900s and fast movements with the platters in MIDI mode.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 11:51 am
I gave up on this for a few months, but today I downloaded all the updates and such. The platter bugs are gone! The latency and sound are also impeccable.

Although, I've found more bugs! Yay! Who knew..

When I map "rollit" or "looproll" to my decks as: effect "rollit/looproll" active & effect "rollit/looproll" select, there's a loud buzz that comes through my speakers. However, when I map them as: effect "rollit/looproll" active, the effects act accordingly with no loud buzz, but they do not get selected within the program. When any effects are also mapped and selected, it lights up all of my other side effect buttons on my deck (where it should only light up the selected one).
Also, when I have a parameter knob on my mixer mapped as sampler_bank +1, it does not scroll through the sampler banks efficiently. The action does not make the banks scroll in order, instead it acts as a random selection scroll. Is there a different type of mapper sequence that I am missing?

Could someone also be so kind to give me an update on how to map my denon 3700s effects parameter knob to scroll through effects and also push to select them?

Thanks

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 1:41 pm
I fixed all the effect problems. However, I noticed there is sometimes an occasional skip when I hit play on songs. It sounds like a fast forward.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 4:21 pm
Also pressing cue points sometimes does not register within the program. I noticed I've had to press cue points 2-3 times in order to get the program to go to that cue point.

There are also tons of songs that have not carried over their cue points from vdj 7.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 12:22 pm
Interesting findings. I will give it a try with my 3700s as well. Is it possible to hear from VDJ officially as to whether the problems have been fixed yet or not? It would be nice to get an official update on this.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 10:35 am
Has anyone actually used the factory denon 3700 mappers for vdj 8? They are not complete.

- When you set a loop, the exit loop light above the black exit button does not activate.

- When you push down the 'effect parameter button' on the denon 3700s, it should active "loop move" (like in vdj 7.4), but it does not do anything except stay as loop cut.
This is the mapper vdj 7 and 8 both have, so I don't understand why it won't work. The plus(+) and minus(-) loop trim are acting as the loop move, so I don't see how to change it -
FX_KNOB_DOWN <---I want this to activate the parameter knob as loop move instead of the loop trim.
loop ? toggle 'loopmove' & var 'loopmove' ? show_text "FX/Loop Knob:|Loop Move" : show_text "FX/Loop Knob:|Loop Size" : var 'filter' ? var_greater '$version' 799 ? filter_activate : filter 50% : effect active
FX_KNOB
loop ? var 'loopmove' ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move +100% : loop_move -100% : param_greater 0% ? loop_half : loop_double : var 'filter' ? filter : effect active ? effect slider 1 : effect select

- When you change any setting on the factory denon 3700 mappings it creates a "custom mapper", which then does not active any functions on the denon 3700 screen. The screen instead stays blank. (It should show song information, bpm, deck 1/2, etc).

- Pressing cue points sometimes does not register. When I press a cue point it often does not go to the cue point it should.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 11:11 am
hi gang, I have the same problem bertie describes above. From pause the track "spins" as in a fast forward sound for maybe half a second. The spinning indicator in the screen also shows the fast forward spin.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:21 pm
I'm still getting audio when I hold the platter still. It's like the disc is still creeping forward slowly. Guess I hadn't noticed it before, or it was happening intermittently. I'll have to check the problems mentioned with the mapping this evening .

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 5:35 am
FYI:
In version 8 the official mapper of DENON S3700 has changed a lot in comparison with the one in version 7.
The reason is that now the mapper tries to copy the "CD mode" operation as best as it can. (That's a general rule for all devices mapped/supported on VirtualDj 8)
We believe that a user that has used the "CD" mode and has learn to control it's decks, should use the same buttons for the same tasks in our software as well.

Custom mappers should work without issues. The built in LCD/VFD display will not show any text only in the case that a user activates timecode (thus he wants to use the decks in Hybrid MIDI). Also hot_cue points should register immediately, UNLESS you have pressed the "MEMO" button first. When the MEMO button is pressed, "MEMO" will turn on the display, and in this case the hot_cue buttons will update/overwrite the hot_cue instead of jumping at the cue-point.

Finally:
ALL version 7 custom mappers for the unit need to be re-build from scratch in order to become compatible with version 8. Copy/Paste data from an old V7 mapper to a new V8 mapper might not work either.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 7:35 am
godj30349 wrote :
Is it realistic to think that I should be able to rewind back to the beginning from any point in a song, no matter how far, and expect the sticker to be in the same place?

No. Motorwheels are treated as "timecodes". This means that the software does some "smoothing" to eliminate wow and flutter and provide you a "super steady" playback speed when you don't touch the platter so that you can sync songs properly.

As you said, it takes a couple of full rotations of the vinyl disc before you can notice any drift on the sticker, and that's to be expected. The alternative would be to treat the vinyl with 100% absolute mode, but the draw back is that your tracks may not stay in sync properly for long transitions since even the tiniest variation on vinyl speed would be translated on your songs playback speed.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 7:51 am
Awesome, thanks for the information!
I have one more question- when I hit the play button, it takes a few seconds for the program to register any platter movement/control. This was also the same case with vdj 7. Is there any way around this? When I use cue points the platter controls instantly, but not when hitting play.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 11:42 am
Try to change "motorwheelinstantplay" setting

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 7:15 am
Hi Phantom;

Thank you for the information. Can I ask if as far as VDJ is concerned, the 37 & 3900 units are working as they are supposed to with VDJ8? Are they now supported per say?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 2:24 pm
I've been using the 3900's/X1600 on Win8.1 with VDJ 8 for the past few weeks. There have been a few minor bugs that were annoying, but mostly benign. I just installed the latest build this morning, and I think the issue where a track would briefly fast forward shortly after hitting play has been corrected. I only hit play on a few tracks in the garage, and they both played fine.

I'm going to give it a thorough go this evening, so if there are any concerns I'll post them tomorrow.

Cheers.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 9:46 am
After installing the latest build, the issue of songs briefly fast forwarding right after hitting play with the 3900s is still a problem. It's not a huge problem, because it only happens if you're in vinyl mode and hit play to start a song. If you're using turntable controllers, you're rarely going to be doing that. Once you pull back the platter to manually start the song, the phenomenon is gone. Either way, it's a bit annoying, and hopefully something that will be fixed.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 8:47 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has such issues. I hope that these bugs will be fixed soon because this issues exist for so long. I really want to try VDJ 8 live, but these issues give me the feeling that it's not a stable version in combination with the 3700s.

Can anyone tell me when we can expect some fixes?

Greetings

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 8:56 am
It also seems key change does not work when key change is activated on the decks. If i change a songs pitch to 3-4 then it sounds all pitchy.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 9:27 am
57%