Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problem with Virtual 8 & Denon MC 6000 (Original) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mizurPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djtouchdan, I load the song dragging it with the mouse.

I will try later with the controller to see if there is any difference.

Just wondering, what is this function for?

I discovered it because wile test mixing yesterday the second song loaded sounded like all bass had been cut off, kept moving the knobs and nothing changed, so I watched the screen and found those weird filter knobs had been "moved" sideways.... turned them back to center, and the word OFF appeared and the sound went back to normal...

So if I'm not gong to be able to disable them, maybe I can actually USE them...

Anyone knows what are they supposed to be used for????

PhantomDeejay wrote :
mizur wrote :

The "filter" function activates ITSELF on second song loaded.

It has to be MANUALLY disabled each time you use VDJ8

Check your controller mapper. Filter does NOT auto - activate. Perhaps your controller has a knob mapped as "filter" and you move it by accident.
Which controller do you use BTW ?

Thanks PhantomDeejay

I will check if any knob on the controller is mapped

I use Denon MC6000, the original one.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The button and the LED below the FILTER knob on the MC6000 is mapped as filter_activate instead of filter 50% that was in version 7.
filter_activate is a new action in version 7 that allows you to turn the Filter knob to a position without applying the filter to the track. This button/action is not available in the default skins. what you see in the default skin when filter is centered is an OFF text (temporary) but this doesnt mean actually that the Filter is de-activated. It can still work but it now centered.
The Filter follows the EQ now regarding the reset On Load.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:18 pm
djdad wrote :
The button and the LED below the FILTER knob on the MC6000 is mapped as filter_activate instead of filter 50% that was in version 7.
filter_activate is a new action in version 7 that allows you to turn the Filter knob to a position without applying the filter to the track. This button/action is not available in the default skins. what you see in the default skin when filter is centered is an OFF text (temporary) but this doesnt mean actually that the Filter is de-activated. It can still work but it now centered.

Thanks Djdad,

I will check this setting and let you all know.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:22 pm
djdad wrote :

Djdad, from reviewing an internet image of the MC6000 there seems to be NO dedicated "FILTER" knob nor LED on the controller.

MAYBE, I have it mapped to another knob, which I will check later.

But as far as I could tell from the image, I did not find any Knob or LED named "filter".

Thanks.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:29 pm
mizur - it's EFX 4 in the top left FX1 section and EFX 4 in the top right FX2 on the original MC6000. I have used it before.

If you rotate the knob either way the button marked EFX 4 lights up in VDJ 7. You can switch it off by pressing the button and the light goes out.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:44 pm
On MC6000 EFX4 knob (and button) are mapped for use with filter

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
DJSoulman & PhantomDeejay

Thanks so much!!!

I will check and let you know

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
"Filter" problem partially solved!!!!

FX4 button is in fact mapped to filter so it just needs to be turned off EVERYTIME you restart VDJ8 or just leave knobs in center.

I have a new problem with headphones but will open new thread.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:29 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have problem : knob EFX1 for change Effects only works in min or max ( beat grid or titler). Meanwhile nothing
Why ? Thank you for help

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:06 pm
mizur wrote :
"A Man And His Music", no, there is no filter knob on VDJ7:

So, what are those call??? And this is version 7.4!!!
They appeared on VDJ8:

They get activated on SECOND track load, and have to be deactivated manually.

BTW, I insist I hate this new lighter gray... it's like rat grey...

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)