Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Bugs in VDJ 8 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
MBProductionz,

it seems that V8 didn't release the ASIO driver when closing.
If you still have this problem, please check in the Task manager that v8 isn't running anymore.

If it is still running, report here and kill the task then start v7 again.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:07 am
If Master Tempo ist set on, the (slave)Player in which you load a new song, automatically changes the pitch value , so that the value ist the same as in the actually playing Master deck.

Isn't that the function of "Smart Play"?

Master Tempo should only hold the key and not adjust the pitch - or is that wrong (or new...)?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:00 pm
crash after log in and put the license number license.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:13 pm
You shouldn't need to enter a license number.

Just log in.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
Just a little bug, or something missing in the controller setup file. Using my Hercules RMX in VDJ 7.4 all works fine. In VDJ8 when activating the scratch mode with the scratch button, the button does not light up as it does in 7.4. It switches to scratch mode just fine,but the indicator light does not come on so you can't tell at a glance you are inscratch mode.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
albatros dj wrote :
If Master Tempo ist set on, the (slave)Player in which you load a new song, automatically changes the pitch value , so that the value ist the same as in the actually playing Master deck.

Master Tempo should only hold the key and not adjust the pitch - or is that wrong (or new...)?

Master Tempo works as is... I believe they problem is with "Smart Play" or in the settings options "autokey" the value of (no and yes) gives you the same result of automatically matching the tempo to the track already playing (is "no" by default)... So I guess this is a bug, unless we are doing something wrong or there's another option that actually changes this behavior.

- dee_jay_boy

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:23 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
albatros dj wrote :

Go to the config, check the box for advanced configs and search for "autoBPM" or just "BPM".
I don't know the exact name of the config option, but this searchterms will lead you to the right option.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:47 am
pochitodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
Hello
pointed out that changing the bank of samples, instruments, etc ... videosamples fast way with the dedicated knob on my N4, audio cuts produce type "autocut" effect.
and changing the efx from the dedicated knob I have had 2 crash.
Cheers and continue testing

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:25 am
Hallo

Habe auch einen Bug gefunden
Bei meiner RMX2 Console lassen sich die Effects-Tabs nicht richtig ansteuern. Beim Versuc einen effect zu sttarten gehen 2 Buttons gleichzeitig an und auch nicht die die man drückt. Kann gerne ein kleines Video hochladen. Greift auch dann auf die VDJ7 über (ist paralel auch installiert) muss Mapper löschen dann gehts wieder sowie ich VDJ8 starte das selbe Problem..

Gogel Übersetzt

Hallo
Have also found a bug
In my RMX2 Console to the Effects tab can not drive properly. When temptati an effect to go sttarten 2 buttons at the same time and also not the pressing. Can like to upload a small video. Also accesses the VDJ7 over (paralel is also installed) must Mapper delete then go back and I start VDJ8 the same problem ..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:30 am
Here's a bug I reported yesterday, Using Mac os 10.9.2 with Numarks Mixtrack Edge.
The Audio config recognized Mixtrack Edge however the Midi function was absent.
Conclusion was a problem with 3.0 ports and VDJ 8.
It was suggested I try a 2.0 USB hub until a fix becomes available.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:37 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
w7 ultimate, mixtrack pro.

ive discovered a bug when using the fx controls on my MTP the 2nd fx param knob in VDJ8 is juddering and being erratically responsive when adjusting using the controller. it seems to skip and jump or not respond at all.

edit: this seems to be happening with param 2 for both fx and sampler.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:14 am
Noticed when using the samples and fx it lowers the volume of the song playing, not sure if it is supposed to do that but i wouldnt expect it to.... I definetly think we need a volume ajustment for the samples and fx.

There is some small glitches with the samples not staying on if you release the mouse off of them (using without my controller on my office pc).

Also Sampler pad 12 (synth melo) does not stop playing if you click on a different synth button, the rest work fine but the number 1 kick sample has a noticable pop to it...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:21 am
hvsounds wrote :
Noticed when using the samples and fx it lowers the volume of the song playing, not sure if it is supposed to do that but i wouldnt expect it to.... I definetly think we need a volume ajustment for the samples and fx.

There is some small glitches with the samples not staying on if you release the mouse off of them (using without my controller on my office pc).

Also Sampler pad 12 (synth melo) does not stop playing if you click on a different synth button, the rest work fine but the number 1 kick sample has a noticable pop to it...

ill second some of these, some synths dont stop playing when selecting others, i was curious to if this was an overlay of some sort or an acutall bug.. @hounds, there is a volume adjustment, you need to click on the button shown here

this will give you an individual vol control for each sample, or alternatively you can map one of your knobs or keys to be a volume control on your controller or keyboard

i too have noticed the touch pad release issue. however this could be caused by having tap to click enabled, if that not the case, then it needs to be adressed by the team.

not noticed the pop on the first kick or the lowering of the track volume, but ill have a listen and see if i pick it up too as it just so happens im onto the same item of inspection as you atm lol.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:46 am
Blulite wrote :
hvsounds wrote :

ill second some of these, some synths dont stop playing when selecting others, i was curious to if this was an overlay of some sort or an acutall bug.. @hounds, there is a volume adjustment, you need to click on the button shown here

this will give you an individual vol control for each sample, or alternatively you can map one of your knobs or keys to be a volume control on your controller or keyboard

i too have noticed the touch pad release issue. however this could be caused by having tap to click enabled, if that not the case, then it needs to be adressed by the team.

not noticed the pop on the first kick or the lowering of the track volume, but ill have a listen and see if i pick it up too as it just so happens im onto the same item of inspection as you atm lol.

Thanks for showing me the volume option...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:49 am
im unsure if this is a bug or a feature, but if i adjust the deck volume using the mouse, it disables relativity of the slider on my controller, the volume will lock and when i move my slider i can see a shadow slider moving, but the volume does not adjust and the main slider in v8 does not move.

any thoughts?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:52 am
I have 2 cdj 350s connected to my Mac to control Virtual 8, but when I load a song on either Deck 1 or Deck 2 the name of the song, track time, track info
are not showing on the cdjs, the cdjs doesn't even show which deck they are, but it does play the song when I press play on each cdj. Can you please help?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:54 am
By default the sliders are set to 'pickup' the the you need to move the controller volume slider so it matches the GUI slider. then both will move together.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:54 am
Another small glitch, when I turn the EQ all the way down (high, mid, low) it doesnt kill the level completely for example if i took all 3 down to 0 it should completely shut the song volume down (if that makes sense) but you can still hear the sound (obviously not with very good quality but the audio is still there)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:04 am
ah ok, so the same principal as the lock on the pitch sliders? have to return to position prior to re adjusting, thanks,

something else iv found, the 1st hihat sample has very very low volume as standard and even with its own volume maximised it is hardly audible. also i am able to confirm the popping on the kick drum samples is deffo present, however i can not notice any volume change on the main track when playing samples.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:05 am
hvsounds wrote :
Another small glitch, when I turn the EQ all the way down (high, mid, low) it doesnt kill the level completely for example if i took all 3 down to 0 it should completely shut the song volume down (if that makes sense) but you can still hear the sound (obviously not with very good quality but the audio is still there)

seconded!!! this is annoying for undermixing :/

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:06 am
59%