Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
richardnorthcott wrote :
All I need now is native Syphon output -so I don't need to build a plug-in and lock it to the Video Effect slot.

I have syphon video input and output just about ready to go, they are plugin forum which then allows you to route to/from a deck or master. The syphon output will heed video effects activated *after* the plugin (unlike v7) and by use of multiple effect slots you can easily dedicate a slot to just syphon. The default skin allows you to easily add extra slots with just a small tweak of the XML due to it's new structure.

I've also done pretty much the same for spout on PC too.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:12 pm
OH Crap I Have To Start All Over Again

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:31 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
first impressions:

>>>> STUPID <<<<

!!!!! STUPIDLY AWESOME !!!!!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:50 pm
gbedardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The sort bug is also present in the bitrate field. If you sort by bitrate, you'll get a "mostly" sorted list. Also, it's reporting some bitrates incorrectly. My 320kbps rips are sometimes showing 321+.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
gbedardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So I was "recursing" my whole drive and in the middle of the operation, VDJ abruptly closed because it wanted to auto-update. Nothing was playing, so maybe this was intended behavior, but it was surprising. Maybe nothing playing + not recursing would be a better option.

Also, here is a screenshot of bitrate not sorted correctly.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:46 pm
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Jaysaynayy wrote :
So am I the only one where it is crashing every ten minutes ?!?!

Same problem, but mine crashing every 5 seconds, I think we are the only two with that problem

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:38 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Lots of talk about the backspin effect? Really...you can't spin a platter back manually? Wack city bitch wack wack city ;).

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Paddygordon wrote :

Some of the default settings are questionable (such as the choice to take off keylock by default, and to sync tracks by default etc)

Agreed. The master tempo is now of a standard where it can be left on by default (well done VDJ dev). All beat sync/automation should be disabled by default, let users experiment/engage these settings as they see fit, perhaps with the exception of auto gain being on as that's more on the practical side.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:15 pm
That cool you guys keep ignoring my issue. Come on guys this customer service sucks. I talk to a rep and all he says is to go on here but yet no one helps me. So am going try again.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WHEN I START MIXING FOR TEN MINUTES ITS CRASHES ???!!! Help me please I paid this I deserve better customer service.

I don't mean to sound like brat but I've tried everything and nothing is working. I called and chat with reps from you guys and they tell me to go on the here, and I am. And apparently me and another guy are having the same issue but all you guys seem to talk about is how awesome it looks. I've tried opening my own these but yet again not respond.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:15 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Jaysaynayy,
Most of the people on here are just users testing it out as well. Moderators and support staff have been looking consistently at the forum since the release and have been very responsive. But, I'm sure you can imagine, they have a lot going on.
You say that you opened a thread on this. I will try to find it, may you can provide a link?
In that thread have you provided information about your PC, OS, what you were doing at the time, was there a crash report, etc?
This being a first look thread, it may get over looked and lost

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:23 pm
If you need someone to help, the best way is to contact support and get them to remote connect to your computer, or talk to them direct either via online chat, phone etc.

The worst place to post about it is in a long multi-page thread with over 500 posts!

When asking for help, you also need to be as specific and exact as you can about what you're doing and what happens. Don't just say "it crashes".

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:23 pm
Is anyone else getting issues with column sorting moving tracks around when you click away someplace else or load a track, click on a crate or sampler etc and click back only to find track orders have changed?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:28 pm
Jaysaynayy wrote :
That cool you guys keep ignoring my issue. Come on guys this customer service sucks. I talk to a rep and all he says is to go on here but yet no one helps me. So am going try again.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WHEN I START MIXING FOR TEN MINUTES ITS CRASHES ???!!! Help me please I paid this I deserve better customer service.

I don't mean to sound like brat but I've tried everything and nothing is working. I called and chat with reps from you guys and they tell me to go on the here, and I am. And apparently me and another guy are having the same issue but all you guys seem to talk about is how awesome it looks. I've tried opening my own these but yet again not respond.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:23 pm
VDJ8 is opening in my 2nd monitor and i can not move it top of program with options etc. i cannot access options or anything to try to adjust size or something cant even see waveform will not move any suggestions!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:47 pm
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
smoke618 wrote :
VDJ8 is opening in my 2nd monitor and i can not move it top of program with options etc. i cannot access options or anything to try to adjust size or something cant even see waveform will not move any suggestions!

if you place your cursor on the bottom edge of the window, it should change into a MOVE icon so you can click and drag it around the window, you should be able to move it lower to get to the top of the window.

EDIT:
ANY outer edge of the VDJ8 window changes it into a move icon. (if its maximized, you will get the resize icon to make the window smaller, then the move icon will enable so you can drag it down.)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:58 pm
prez wrote :
smoke618 wrote :

if you place your cursor on the bottom edge of the window, it should change into a MOVE icon so you can click and drag it around the window, you should be able to move it lower to get to the top of the window.

Not working checked all edges showing and it does not allow me to move it

EDIT:
ANY outer edge of the VDJ8 window changes it into a move icon. (if its maximized, you will get the resize icon to make the window smaller, then the move icon will enable so you can drag it down.)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:05 pm
smoke618 wrote :
prez wrote :
smoke618 wrote :

Not working checked all edges showing and it does not allow me to move it

EDIT:

Had to reboot system now it allows me to drag down. thank you!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:21 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Jaysaynayy wrote :

I know this is a long shot, but have you logged in? I thought I read that if you don't log in it reverts to Home Edition after 10 minutes. Are you crashing or are you just losing a bunch of functionality? You keep saying ten minutes, is it really 10 or is it around 10?

Nick

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:53 pm
Hi,

in VirtualDJ 8 Pre-Release unfortunately work VideoFX some, such as Essential Media not (only flickers) and scrolling text (font is mirrored?). When calling the scrolling text prefs nothing works; VD must then be terminated using the Task Manager.
If the Cubefx runs and is clicked in the skin in the middle video window depends on the output graphics. Then restart VD is necessary to select the video output to activate again.

Too bad, because the video functions I bought the Pro and just do not work in the V8. :-(

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:56 am
74%