Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 29

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Most plugins have been written for V7. Takes it´s time to make them work with V8...;-)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:57 am
I don't know if I am the only one but I find it ridiculous that you HAVE to log in every time you load VDJ. I want a dependable gig machine and ALWAYS have the internet disabled at gigs. Most machine crashes are from DJ's running internet apps at gigs, one I saw using his facebook at the same time and his machine froze, I had to laugh at that one. Bring BACK the old function of VDJ 7 where you can shut that off and use it offline without that NAG SCREEN when you start VDJ 8. Just my 2 cents. It's like the nag screen on shareware junk or something. If you want to log in you should be able to do it in options NOT NAGGED to do it every time you load VDJ.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:38 am
DopeBoyz wrote :
I don't know if I am the only one but I find it ridiculous that you HAVE to log in every time you load VDJ.

You don't have to...
Just login once and you're done. Try it for yourself.

Also many other people asked this question in this topic and some other topics..

But if you login to a different pc with VDJ8, than you maybe have to login again with the first machine.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:47 am
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
since the last Update i have a much higher CPU usage for Virtual DJ and some Dropouts when loading another Song in a Deck or while loading a Song via Automix in the same Deck.
I think my Hardware is fine:
Intel i7-3612QM 2.10 GHz, 16GB RAM, 254 GB SSD, Win 7 64-Bit
i already tried different soundcards (Behringer Xenyx Control 1 USB, CDJ-900, A&H Xone DB4 and my Lenovo onboard soundcard.
Of course it works well with any other ASIO audio software.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:24 am
Is there a way to remove certain buttons from the Browser? Only reason I am asking is you used to be able to shut off certain elements in the browser and now it appears you can't. For example removing the button "browser options" and "info options". Seems if you left your DJ rig unattended someone could really mess with you ID tags or worse. Just curious. Thanks.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:44 am
"Filter" Plugin crashed VDJ 8, "Error opening Xml plugin file" Had it on internal 6 deck skin when this happened if it helps.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:05 pm
DopeBoyz wrote :
I don't know if I am the only one but I find it ridiculous that you HAVE to log in every time you load VDJ. I want a dependable gig machine and ALWAYS have the internet disabled at gigs. Most machine crashes are from DJ's running internet apps at gigs, one I saw using his facebook at the same time and his machine froze, I had to laugh at that one. Bring BACK the old function of VDJ 7 where you can shut that off and use it offline without that NAG SCREEN when you start VDJ 8. Just my 2 cents. It's like the nag screen on shareware junk or something. If you want to log in you should be able to do it in options NOT NAGGED to do it every time you load VDJ.

on this same note any content unlimited songs wont work unless im logged in. not cool. i like to turn wifi off during gigs. all that content is useless unless i log in.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:05 pm
Well that's kind of understandable. CU needs to know that you're the legitimate user of those tracks because they're rented.

If you're not logged in, how does VDJ know who you are?

FYI you only need to log in (to indentify yourself to VDJ) once. No need to log out again.

If you're out at a gig and without net access, VDJ will should run just fine because you logged in (and didn't log out again) before.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:37 pm
Guys/Gals,
I have not seen the answer to my query in the ton of comments nor do I feel a new thread is necessary so any help is appreciated on this wee question:

The other night I placed a ton of tunes in the 'sidelist' and played for about three hours but only played about a third of the tracks - is that list stashed anywhere in the folders? I'm 99% sure I accessed it on the next morning but now I can't find it :( It took ages to compile lol

Thanks

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
DIsenbart wrote :
Hi,

in VirtualDJ 8 Pre-Release unfortunately work VideoFX some, such as Essential Media not (only flickers) and scrolling text (font is mirrored?). When calling the scrolling text prefs nothing works; VD must then be terminated using the Task Manager.
If the Cubefx runs and is clicked in the skin in the middle video window depends on the output graphics. Then restart VD is necessary to select the video output to activate again.

Too bad, because the video functions I bought the Pro and just do not work in the V8. :-(

All plugins need to be upgraded to work properly with VDJ8. I have Essential Media working in VDJ8 now but it's not ready to put up yet. Essential Visuals and Essential Karaoke will be upgraded as well.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:04 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Keep up the good work Don, looking forward to trying version 8 with SMS! :)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It is working very well, it plays well and I am broadcasting right now and I have plenty of listeners, and having no problems at all. Atomix team done a great job all round I think. Whole design of the VirtualdJ 7 and VirtualdJ 8 and lot a hard work designing the software which I like.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:52 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am getting some problem freezing when using 4 decks when trying to load. The message appears software stops working.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Well that's kind of understandable. CU needs to know that you're the legitimate user of those tracks because they're rented.

If you're not logged in, how does VDJ know who you are?

FYI you only need to log in (to indentify yourself to VDJ) once. No need to log out again.

If you're out at a gig and without net access, VDJ will should run just fine because you logged in (and didn't log out again) before.

how do you figure this is a good thing with CU ?

in v7 you were good for an entire month (cache authorizations) if i'm somewhere with out web access my CU account/songs are useless. this is the message i get even after doing a fresh DRM refresh. This is going backwards imo.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
just need to login ... in vdj 7 or vdj 8..
you probably are not ...

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:35 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
just need to login ... in vdj 7 or vdj 8..
you probably are not ...

ok i don't think people are getting what i'm saying, in v7 DIDNT NEED TO HAVE wifi to play CU songs, you refresh cache and you were good for a month! at many venues you DON'T have access to wifi. which is fine as long as you refresh cache night before you're good to go.

i don't like to turn wifi on for reliability reasons, v8 FORCES you to log in aka NEEDING wifi. V8 FORCES you to log in in order to use have access to CU songs.

V7 DOES not REQUIRE you to log in so long as your songs have been refreshed.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:46 pm
pretty sure its exactly same in vdj 8, you just need to log in once, refresh those cu files, and they are good for 30 days ;)

Just dont log out out of vdj keep it logged in.. even if you disconnect your wifi or internet, and zero issue with cached CU files or anything (at least it shouldnt be )
Logged in works in VDJ 8 even if you disconnect your internet, or go to a gig with your PC or what not.

VDJ 8 does NOT require you to have wifi or internet access, it just requires you to log in ONCE .. (and do NOT log out), and you are golden, even if your net is gone later on ;)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:48 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Liamalone wrote :
Guys/Gals,
I have not seen the answer to my query in the ton of comments nor do I feel a new thread is necessary so any help is appreciated on this wee question:

The other night I placed a ton of tunes in the 'sidelist' and played for about three hours but only played about a third of the tracks - is that list stashed anywhere in the folders? I'm 99% sure I accessed it on the next morning but now I can't find it :( It took ages to compile lol

Thanks

When I put something in the sidelist and close VDJ8 & reopen it, the songs are still there.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:46 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have to say so far i'm really liking the improvements. I'm still feeling my way around the new features but this is impressive!

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:17 pm
Listen2 !! wats up?..long time no see buddy....:)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:08 am
77%