Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 27

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Shame it wasn't a 2B - I could've made a Shakespeare based joke.

I'll get my coat.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:23 pm
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, groovindj.

Sorry , Just got nothing to report tonight as I been using 7 and not updated my Gig Lappy to 1765 build .

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 7:18 pm
groovindj wrote :
Please bring back the full screen browser option.

Please

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 7:50 pm
Why does my software keep crashing ?? i have a macbook pro 2013 retina display and ten minutes into my mix its crash.
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:49 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ_Craig wrote :
prez wrote :
I've only been playing with it for a few hours today, I think I have had most of the things I couldn't find on my own answered in the forum.
I still need to give it some serious play time before I can gig live with it, but at first once over I really like the interface and the changes into the new VDJ8.

on thing I did find I to not like (or if there is a setting I have yet to find) is..
in VDJ7 on my filter folder for "Compatible Songs", if I am beat mixing I play harmonic progression... so i sort my songs by BPM >then I sort by key (Key Number in VDJ7)
it sorts the songs by key, and sub sorted by BPM (lowest to highest in my case)
in VDJ8, I can not get the sort to go in order, its all over the range I have in my filter, it will sort by BPM "OR" it will sort by key, but I can not pre-sort BPM then sort by key to have them line up nicely, so I can progress my dance floor... it makes searching harder for me.
is there a way to do this in VDJ8?

EDIT: add screen capture.

I wondered the same thing. Glad it's not just me.

is it harmonic mixing keys?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:11 pm
ohshit wrote :

is it harmonic mixing keys?

sure is ;)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:17 pm
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, Harmonic mixing follows key sequencing to help the dance floor flow.
combine that with a good BPM equivalent (for mixing) or even a non-beatmatch combination but if the keys flow progression properly, the dance floor will stay packed.

there is lots about it on the internet, and it really does work.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:20 pm
Hello, how can i change the key in harmonic?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:50 pm
philadisco wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Please bring back the full screen browser option.

Please

Please check the download centre. There are 2 options there with browser zoom.

Al my skins moving forward will also feature browser zoom.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:52 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
I have successfully installed the new VirtualDJ 8 yesterday. First of all there no bugs reporting as my computer is update with Norton 360 no bugs or virus found. The lay out lot different to VirtualDJ 7. The sound quality is better as I had my headphones on. Only problem is text is smaller and difficult to read for your eyes, that if you good eye site and no need to wear glasses, I had to wear glasses to read it., in other words the song names on Automix/Sidelist much smaller. Is it possible to get this change as with VirtualDJ 7. There is something on the software to zoom in. Thank you.
From Jeremy

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:44 am
I am going to broadcast in few minutes at 8am for one hour, I put my broadcast details, can you tell me what is big box for saying other fields?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:00 am
jeremt wrote :
there no bugs reporting as my computer is update with Norton 360

Those are not the bugs we're looking for (© Star Wars)

The bugs in VDJ 8 will be operational ones, not nasty infectious ones.

For example, if something in VDJ 8 doesn't work correctly, that could be a bug.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:39 am
was wondering when someone will spot this lol....snickles...

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:59 am
My First impression, is WOW. You pretty much covered every feature I wanted to see and more.
Excellant Job

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:52 am
At first i was a bit lost finding new stuff and making it work the way i expect it to.
I guess my main problem was finding the adjustments and understanding all the new stuff.

After some time with it i must say i like it more and more ... give it a chance if you are having problems.

now i need to figure out the bpm editor eeek i'm lost.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:28 am
HD video handling is SO much better in VirtualDJ 8 (MacOS).
All I need now is native Syphon output -so I don't need to build a plug-in and lock it to the Video Effect slot.

Then it will be a perfect Music Video VJ solution.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:43 am
I have been playing with this version quite extensively the past day.
I like it overall.

but, something I do find disturbing is the auto-gain feature in this release. (others have mentioned it as well)
it is NOT consistent from computer to computer or configuration to configuration.

I have tried it on multiple laptops, desktops, internal and external sound cards and mixers and the results are a bit confusing (I would go as far as disturbing)
no consistency... (I copied the settings.xml so all computers are set up the same) I play the exact same tracks (from an external hard drive taken to each install/configuration) one plays very loud on one computer, and in another configuration on the same PC with external mixer I get a different output lvl result... and the difference is extreme, not minute, from PC to PC the same track plays at a different output lvl.
Which I would be fine with if the track on the other deck played at the same output.. but they are drastic in output lvls, so I play one track with the level at a perfect output, the next track on the other deck on the same PC has a drastically different output.. the point of auto-gain is to have a constant output lvl between them.
I can handle the differences from computer to computer, but those differences from deck to deck on the same PC is unacceptable, I cant perform a show with those lvl differences, goes from loud to quiet from track to track.

before anybody asks, yes I did a rescan of all the tracks I tested on a clean (empty) database so the result differences are somewhere in the software.

EDIT:
I have not compared CODECs or BIT-RATE to see if that makes a difference, but with the tracks I tested, since they were the exact SAME tracks used between PCs and those tracks themselves had differences on different computers, by that variance alone I discount that CODEC or BIT-RATE as a possible issue.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:18 am
Only problem is text is smaller and difficult to read for your eyes, that if you good eye site and no need to wear glasses, I had to wear glasses to read it., in other words the song names on Automix/Sidelist much smaller. Is it possible to get this change as with VirtualDJ 7. There is something on the software to zoom in. Any views please.
From Jeremy

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:28 am
jeremt wrote :
Only problem is text is smaller and difficult to read for your eyes, that if you good eye site and no need to wear glasses, I had to wear glasses to read it., in other words the song names on Automix/Sidelist much smaller. Is it possible to get this change as with VirtualDJ 7. There is something on the software to zoom in. Any views please.
From Jeremy

Jeremy
Click on the "A" in the bottom left corner of the software window to enlarge the text... click on the one above it to make it smaller.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:35 am
So am I the only one where it is crashing every ten minutes ?!?!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:11 pm
71%