Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ThrillRide wrote :
no I'm on windows 8.1.

Mac and Windows works the same in the sidelist and automix playlist tracks can be re-arrange.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:46 pm
Not sure what I did but its working now. lol im sure it was operator error of some kind.. thanks guys

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:48 pm
The slow down horrible sound before only seems to happen if I use the wheel to slow the tempo down, not when using the tempo.

Maybe it's just sensivity which is different. Will check further.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:51 pm
looks great !!

1. the sound is notable better.... i didnt realise computer programs could have good and bad sound ..

2. program hung on me after 5 minutes when i was selecting the video plugins on the B channel for some reason....

3. also how to i layer up the video plugins on the master video output like i did with v7 ? (and remove VDJ logo?)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:03 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Matty1000 wrote :
l
3. also how to i layer up the video plugins on the master video output like i did with v7 ? (and remove VDJ logo?)

Go to config and type "logo" into the search field. (maybe check advanced settings)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:10 pm
rayraePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dazmax wrote :
Noticable sound quality improvement :-D
Loving the font zoom in the browser :-D :-D
Will release version for PC be 64 Bit?
Is reversing the direction of the waveform scroll still possible?
So far so good. No glitches on my laptop. Going to try it on my Gig PC as a secondary install. Dont want to install over V7 for a good while yet.
Many thanks to all the Atomix Team for all the hard work :-D

Daz

Hey Daz, how do you do a secondary install without overwriting v7? as i dont want to overwrite it yet also. i still want to have my v7 just incase..thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
V8 will install next to v7.
So just install it.

If you want to be 100% save, make a backup of your VirtualDJ folder.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:17 pm
I would like to leave my testimony about the significant improvement in sound quality. Today I could pay attention at this new implementation. I have read here in some old post ... my sound was bad and I did not know that!

Put your headphones and you will be surprised by comparing the two versions: rich bass and crystalline treble.

Now, we expect minor issues have been resolved.

Cheers

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:18 pm
sonisphere wrote :
- Sound quality improvement is noticeable.
- Responsiveness is great as well.
- Where do I find buffer settings? Not that I need it VDJ8 is very efficient and responsive I was just curious.
- You can see the amount of work that has gone into VDJ8 from the options menu. You have added a lot more relevant options. Please make this layout clearer to understand with more multiple choices for each feild.
-Please add sample volume overall control. When using an external sampler like the DDJ-SZ all of the samples output at full blast. So far I only see the ability to control the volume of one sample at a time.
- 24 bit samples play at a very low volume.
- Please add external monitor video output select to video options.
- Need VDJ8 skins right away. Default skin needs a bit of work. There is wasted space here and there.
- On a Mac if you disable the direct X options you lose waveform builds.
? Please confirm if VDJ8 fully utilizes my 24 bit sound card in the DDJ-SZ and DDJ-SX.
- Scratching sounds better more realistic. Great job!
- In audio setup menu please create a link to third party sound card interface utility menu for patching.
- Create more advanced search options such as [title] [genre] [year] [bpm] [key] sort of like a real time virtual filter
- I love the fact that you have a master output buss with an effects. I am looking forward to replacing my external rack with effects like a 31 band EQ, BBE Sonic Maximiser and soft analog tube limiter simulation.
- slicer seem weird with delayed response and loop range please check this.
- I love the new drum sampler is this velocity sensitive? The DDJ-SZ and DDJ-SX are capable to transmitting this data. I had trouble getting these drum loops to sync to master clock. Consider taking the next step and turning this into a functional drum sequencer.
- Thank you for adding variable play/stop ramp up and break.

I have only had one night with VDJ8 but wow so far it is smooth, responsive, comprehensive and loaded with features. I can't wait to complete my day gig job to go home and play with it some more.

Thank you very much for making VDJ8.

Cheers

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY PROMISED THE SAMPLERS WOULD BE FIXIN IN VDJ 8 USING THE DDJ-SX/SZ. IF THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE, I CAN PROMISE YOU MOST OF US WILL GO BACK TO SERATO WHERE SAMPLER VOLUME HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
Thanks for letting us know where the manual was, I read it late last night and it made things a lot easier to understand.

It would appear that MY "issues" with the sampler and having no faders are directly related to the skin(s) I use (SMH), so I'm at the mecry of the skin creators to update them or is their another way to fix this? (on my skin the cross fader is there on my mixer but the channel faders do not show at all unless it's in "scratch")

And can someone please tell me of it's possible somewhere to have the waveforms just plan old red and blue like before but where the unplayed part of a song was GREY!

Thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
burnyabad wrote :

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY PROMISED THE SAMPLERS WOULD BE FIXIN IN VDJ 8 USING THE DDJ-SX/SZ. IF THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE, I CAN PROMISE YOU MOST OF US WILL GO BACK TO SERATO WHERE SAMPLER VOLUME HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE.

Like: Can you play *shitysong* please? Everbody wants to hear it!

What are your problems with the sampler?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:22 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm getting confused with the cue points. When I load a song I want it to start automatically where my 1st cue point is. At the moment it just loads at the beginning of the track?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

capable of READING?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
PachN wrote :
V8 will install next to v7.
So just install it.

If you want to be 100% save, make a backup of your VirtualDJ folder.

Can it be said with 100% certainty that installing V8 (on a gig machine) will not effect the stability/set-up of V7?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:38 pm
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

capable of READING?

You edited you post.
At first it ended after serato...

But you haven't answered my question.
And you still remeber that this version is pre-release version, and not the final release verision?
So if you find any bugs, don't start screaming. Report it!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:44 pm
Hi,
Just had my first play with VDJ8 and love it so far. Sound is excellent particularly when increasing or decreasing the BPM, great improvement on VDJ7. Just one issue at the moment. Can anyone tell me how to get sandbox to work while I am using my VMS4.1? This is one of the features I have been most looking forward to but I can't work out how to enable it.
Thanks,
Pete

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:46 pm
I have a bug with my mac! When i will open the Browser_Options! There comes a white box at the left top! When i press several times the browser_options then comes the menu eventually. Here is a pic:

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:50 pm
If you use VMS as an analog mixer then Sandbox won't work for you.
You must use it as a MIDI controller

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:53 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If concerned about V7 and V8 playing nice on your Gig machine you can always choose the custom install option and set up V8 in a different location, even a different drive if you want.

Be aware tho that if you do this you will probably have to set it up as a new install and the V 7 stuff you have set up will not be automatically detected or transferred. (Not 100% on this but seems logical) doing this today so will report back.

Daz

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:02 pm
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

capable of READING?

You edited you post.
At first it ended after serato...

But you haven't answered my question.
And you still remeber that this version is pre-release version, and not the final release verision?
So if you find any bugs, don't start screaming. Report it!

Sorry, I actually redidted that reply but it didnt take. The samper problem with our ddj-sx/sz is the same problem we had with version 7. 100% volume when applying a sample using the sample pads on our controller. THIS HAS NEVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE IN SERATO OR TRACTOR BUT LOW AND BEHOLD, ITS THE SAME EFFING PROBLEM IN V8 AS V7.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:18 pm
34%