Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Timmyg1978 wrote :
GGCOM wrote :
Wow, cool update, thx=)

Totally digging it=))

Just a question... I am using the parametric EQ (what a wonderful feature) anyway, when all lo,mid n hi's are turned down, there is still soooo much signal coming through...

Is there anyway that the volume can be killed when the EQs are turned down?

Thanks=)

I second that, I'd like to see some options for the limiter too, maybe an option to use on individual decks instead of just the master bus. When I beat mix with limiter engaged it sounds like the two tracks are fighting for dominant volume, some tracks really need the squeeze but not all.

Its time to buy-out Breakawaydj, just like that other company you acquired Adion i think.... because if breakaway dj was with out the latency i would be in heaven.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:44 am
I tested it today,

When messing with the eq I changed 200 to 180 and didn't notice any difference so I steadily moved it down, in the end I jumped down to 10 from the original 200, and I just can't hear any difference.

Also, by default the output gain is set to 0 when you move it to 6 it gets quieter. I was hoping for more gain!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 9:54 am
Any changes in the 48khz sound conversion for MC6000 users?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:13 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
godj30349 wrote :
Any difference in sticker drift? or were you having any issues with that?

I've never really had that problem but I'm no Qbert either, lol! My only issue with timecodes is the backspin. I have faith that this will be fixed when 8 drops.

Have you tried the Serato performance series vinyl? They seem to work a lot better when you backspin and do real slow movements. I am really anxious to see how much the timecode engine will improve in 8. I'm loving the latency improvements in 7.3 so far. I was able to run at 1ms last night on my MC6000 without any pops, clicks or any other audio issues. Couldn't even think about doing that with 7.0.5.

Has anyone tried the new version with Denon 3700s?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:40 am
pumpitentertainment wrote :

Not sure but it's working great with my MC-6000 in Ultra-latency Asio mode.

Make sure you have "quality resampling" selected in the 48khz conversion part of the Config > Performances tab

As always Asio performance is very machine specific so check that DPC Latency Checker shows in the green!

Keith

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:48 am
groovindj wrote :
[quote=DJMIHRAN]I tryed look it online and had no luck

You didn't try very hard! It's in the user manual.

Hey Guys,

Great work, as always !!!

I'm not one to mess around & change things, so I am better off just leaving things as they are when I've updated to 7.3 ie for the sound,

Don't know enough to be messing around with the EQ, etc. - I have also downloaded the user manual, but cannot find anything in it re the new updates ?????

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:02 am
Great thanks for the update

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:23 am
OKay, just got notification pop-up for new VDJ. I will test it, as 7.2 was not OK for me, and I had to downgrade back to 7.05b.
7.2 was having glitches in the sound, like when a record is jumping.

Good that the machine is freshly re-imaged last week Friday, so I can give it a good try out.

Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit
HP ProBook 6460b
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
4GB

Listening now to 9 tracks already after installation and it sounds OK.

As it is a free Wednesday night I have quite some time to play, I mean test it.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:28 am
Spinning now the Reggae track I feel Good - Beres Hammond, and like that is how I feel with VDJ 7.3

It is amazing!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 12:47 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
pumpitentertainment wrote :

Not sure but it's working great with my MC-6000 in Ultra-latency Asio mode.

Make sure you have "quality resampling" selected in the 48khz conversion part of the Config > Performances tab

As always Asio performance is very machine specific so check that DPC Latency Checker shows in the green!

Keith

Thanks for the tip ! I'll update my settings this weekend !

No cracks and no loop bug anymore... It's just wonderful ! Thank you Atomix !

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 1:41 pm
the difference is felt especially in improvements in the audio

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 2:26 pm
AWESOME. Thanks!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 2:41 pm
Hi Guys in reference to my earlier comment Re. Sound drop This is happening regularly and not only in a loop. It has plagued me through my last 2 laptops. I spoke to scott at bpm and he advised he would look into it. I have seen the problem on your forums identified by numerous DJ's. Sudden drop of sound despite playing on the screen and by moving the pitch fader the sound returns. Please advise!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 4:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm Scott ;)

I've only seen reference to this problem when a loop is active, but can you test v7.3 for me and let us know your results please?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 4:58 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just upgraded and 7.3 is working fine...

I will let you all know if I have any issues.

Thanks VDJ for keeping us up-to-date and current.

:) Very Happy VDJ User...

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 6:43 pm
djosnicHome userMember since 2007
Does the 7.3 update still compatible with the ndx 800s ??

Thanks

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 6:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

First gig done with 7.3 no issues.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 7:45 pm
djosnic wrote :
Does the 7.3 update still compatible with the ndx 800s ??

Thanks

Of course it does, why would they remove a controller??

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:06 pm
I have been using VDJ for a couple of years now and upgraded from 7.0.4 to 7.3 earlier this week. I did use it for the first time tonight with my DJ2GO controller and DJIO interface and I could easily hear the difference in the quality of the sound. This weekend, I will use it with my DMC2 controller and DJIO and look forward to hearing how that will sound.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:11 pm
Hi Scott thanks for your reply. This sound drop is still happening on version 7.3

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 3:06 am
45%