Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thanks for getting rid of the loop bug and giving us some of the database/search improvements from 8. Makes it waaaay easier to find a song when the clock is running. I had a chance to test it out for a few minutes last night, and was able to run at much lower latency than in 7.0.5. I still want to test it out for an extended period of time, but I already went well past the time frame where 7.0.5's sound quality would go to @#$%, and I would have to push the latency back up. Also, sound is much better. Didn't notice any change in sound quality even pitched +/-10%. I only noticed one thing. When in scratch view scratching sounded warbled. The strange thing is that it was bad on the first beat of the file, but not nearly as noticeable the farther into the file I went. Sounds fine in video and mixer view. I had colored waveforms activated, and I think I remember seeing something about this in the 7.2 thread. Not a big deal for me since I don't really use scratch view on a regular basis . . . just an observation.Can't wait for 8 . . . or 7.4. XD

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 10:33 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Anyone else using turntables having a problem with dropping off(losing connection or timecode not responding) timecode connection sporadically on one deck? Started happening to me after I upgraded to 7.3....what is confusing me is that I also upgraded to Mountain Lion prior to upgrading to 7.3 So I do not know which one is causing this.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 11:26 am
Ran it for 5 hours yesterday without any timecode issues. Rock solid and sounded chrispy!!

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 11:56 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ran it for 5 hours yesterday without any timecode issues. Rock solid and sounded chrispy!!

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 12:36 pm
Any difference in sticker drift? or were you having any issues with that?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 12:37 pm
Great update Atomix. Thank you ;) Can't wait for V8..as I've been waiting for the colour-personalisation for individual songs in the browser. Keep up the good work.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 1:04 pm
Finally it fits my screen without looking blurry. First test run results: awesomeness.Thanks

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 1:45 pm
something changed for the better, my computer is running so well that its like the first day when I had no programs on it.. I like the search engine and addons im counting days till im good to do the 8 upgrade. Im not in a rush as the new stuff kicks the update before it off the scale.. keep up on the quality and ability..

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 5:36 pm
Update is running well. Thank you.

For the next release (7.4) how about adding the "color database". I saw a little of it from the Version 8 demo and it looked awesome.

I would like to see a full pallet of colors assignable to songs. And also a way to index the database via color spectrum.

You'll be able to play by the optical "heat" of the songs. Reds for hot jams. Blues for mellow.

This could get complex, but what a great tool. I'm ready.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:14 pm
godj30349 wrote :
Any difference in sticker drift? or were you having any issues with that?

I've never really had that problem but I'm no Qbert either, lol! My only issue with timecodes is the backspin. I have faith that this will be fixed when 8 drops.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:28 pm
XTCFLIGHT wrote :
Finally it fits my screen without looking blurry. First test run results: awesomeness.Thanks

I don't think they did anything to the resolution.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:32 pm
Charlie, in the 7.3 they added HD skins, I think that might be what he's referring to.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:37 pm
That is a copy of my crash report witch happens every time I try to load a song on a deck that already has somthing playing also if I load a track vdj skips my laptop is a 2010 MacBook Pro 4 gig of ram intel dual core 13inch running mountain lion and virtual Dj 7.3

skipping crashing shit sound any ideas?????

Answer:
Yes, you probably modified the registry entry MIDILowLatency, right ?
Don't, it's going to crash your SCS1.d.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:59 pm
Cheers H

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 8:56 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Wow, cool update, thx=)

Totally digging it=))

Just a question... I am using the parametric EQ (what a wonderful feature) anyway, when all lo,mid n hi's are turned down, there is still soooo much signal coming through...

Is there anyway that the volume can be killed when the EQs are turned down?

Thanks=)

EDIT: Also, Please fix the sampler when sampling from a deck (timing).... Thx=) - also very important, Please sample WITH the current EQ settings... Or have seperate EQs for that section.. ;)

THX again =)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 9:12 pm
GGCOM wrote :
Wow, cool update, thx=)

Totally digging it=))

Just a question... I am using the parametric EQ (what a wonderful feature) anyway, when all lo,mid n hi's are turned down, there is still soooo much signal coming through...

Is there anyway that the volume can be killed when the EQs are turned down?

Thanks=)

I second that, I'd like to see some options for the limiter too, maybe an option to use on individual decks instead of just the master bus. When I beat mix with limiter engaged it sounds like the two tracks are fighting for dominant volume, some tracks really need the squeeze but not all.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 9:29 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Quote :

it sounds like the two tracks are fighting for dominant volume,

Also, seems like theres some sidechaining with massive GR going on under the hood ( if i have on channel mids way up, the other channel starts pumping like crezy.. )

EDIT: kinda funky :P

EDITEDIT: @timmy Ah, lol, we were talking about the same thing.. hehe... yeah... totally... ;)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 10:43 pm
Alexx15PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thank you.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 5:06 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
As a long time user of VDJ, since Atomix V1 days, I've seen the evolvement of VDJ over the years. Thanks for the EQ frequency and sound engine improvements. VDJ keeps getting better and better. Thanks to the VDJ software engineers and users for all the effort in making VDJ The BEST DAM !!! Dj software in the UNIVERSE... Keep up the good work.

To all Old Skool Reggae fans, now you can hear the deep "Studio One" bass, the way it should sound. Big up VDJ staff, all VDj Djs even the haters, because they cant stop VDJ ever !!!...

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:06 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
fyffed wrote :
As a long time user of VDJ, since Atomix V1 days, I've seen the evolvement of VDJ over the years. Thanks for the EQ frequency and sound engine improvements. VDJ keeps getting better and better. Thanks to the VDJ software engineers and users for all the effort in making VDJ The BEST DAM !!! Dj software in the UNIVERSE... Keep up the good work.

To all Old Skool Reggae fans, now you can hear the deep "Studio One" bass, the way it should sound. Big up VDJ staff, all VDj Djs even the haters, because they cant stop VDJ ever !!!...

Such A Clear Message ,to use an old Term F A B

Posted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:41 am
40%