Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dj_d_crayz wrote :
That is a copy of my crash report witch happens every time I try to load a song on a deck that already has somthing playing also if I load a track vdj skips my laptop is a 2010 MacBook Pro 4 gig of ram intel dual core 13inch running mountain lion and virtual Dj 7.3

skipping crashing shit sound any ideas?????

Yes, you probably modified the registry entry MIDILowLatency, right ?
Don't, it's going to crash your SCS1.d ;)

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 2:31 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Has anyone else heard when cueing a track in their headphones (or live), On a DN-6000 the audio sounding like it was underwater. This has not happened in any other update or version.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 2:42 pm
I have noticed that the sampler does not lock to the tempo now with 7.3 any one else noticed this?

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 3:30 pm
I would love to hear the comparision of Serato , Traktor and VDJ7.3 so i could compare them for myself, as long as its the same track recorded at the same level. I would also like to know how you think the sound of 7.3 has improved over 7.2

Downloaded it but stuck with 7.2 for gigging so will do my first gig with 7.3 tomorrow. To be honest i have no complaints with VDJ it is hands down the best software i have ever used , but if it has been improved i will be very very happy :)

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 3:37 pm
djjameslake wrote :
I have noticed that the sampler does not lock to the tempo now with 7.3 any one else noticed this?

What are your settings James?

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 3:51 pm
Zamooda wrote :
Has anyone else heard when cueing a track in their headphones (or live), On a DN-6000 the audio sounding like it was underwater. This has not happened in any other update or version.

I have heard it. Thought it had to do with the colored waveform & scratch view, but heard it yesterday using different gear in video view. I didn't install 7.1 or 7.2, but I know I never heard in in the previous versions.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 4:05 pm
Eamon Ryan wrote :
I would love to hear the comparision of Serato , Traktor and VDJ7.3 so i could compare them for myself, as long as its the same track recorded at the same level. I would also like to know how you think the sound of 7.3 has improved over 7.2

Downloaded it but stuck with 7.2 for gigging so will do my first gig with 7.3 tomorrow. To be honest i have no complaints with VDJ it is hands down the best software i have ever used , but if it has been improved i will be very very happy :)

same track same levels...hit record and a 2 minute track will publish tomorow of to bed now :D

and for the other users didnt heard the cue/water thing :)

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks a million for that , i cannot wait to hear it. Take care

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 4:41 pm
maki2001 wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
maki2001 wrote :
dude until we get that awesome sound serato has.. we are screwed man :) thats it i dont care for the skinn or the 99 cue points its cool and all but when we have the sound same r better then serato then can we say something + a lot of professionals using them so they got advertisement on their hands but that don't affect me and no..a vdj user since it was atomix mp3 if i wanted to switch i would switch and that would be traktor P.S- serato has better effects :) cant wait to fix that either :)

and yes PS3 is better than xbox by all means but the only downside is the video playing from usb on ps3 ( i kno since i have one) ..

Found it..........and yes I'm still SMH.........

now in my prevous post i didnt mention vdj having better sound right ? i sadi worse now i am saying that after testing things out i cans give 3 in this case 4 tracks i mean samples of 2 minutes long track and you can crossfrefrence traktor serato vdj 7.2 and vdj 7.3

and thing i said about not hearing any diference is that between vdj 7.2 and vdj 7.3 :) not sreato or vdj... and yes i still think serato has better sound if you want i can send de zip file here for evrybody to download nad try out and i guarantee you canhear thediference betwen serato and VDJ :)

maybe you can just tell us how it sounds, what are the differences? I can tell you when i used a NI Audio 6 it ended up sounding muddy with not the best low end on VDJ compared with the denon MC6000 which had such a noticeably fuller sound that my light guy thought we added speakers to the club lol not sure why it sounded so much different but the fact is it did. do i notice a difference in the sound between 7.2 and 7.3? it seemed brighter and maybe a little less low end but i would need to do a side by side test, in other words i couldn't tell too much either way. everything is working great for me btw and im guessing the full 8 version will sound comparable to the competition depending on the card you are using.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 4:56 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
djjameslake wrote :

What are your settings James?

Sampler set as loop, match pitch and beatlock sync on beat. play sampler and it doesnt change temp to match track playing.

I tried this as well and If i then try and move pitch fader on the deck with the sampler playing a loop it also doesnt respond to pitch change and is all over the placel

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 5:53 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hey guys=)

found this on the net..

3 Band EQ's:

All DJM low: 70hz
Evo4 low: 200hz
X:42 low: 420hz
X4D low: 120hz
All Rane low: 300hz
DDM low: 330hz

All DJM mid: 1000hz
Evo4 mid: 1200hz
X:42 mid: 1200hz
X4D mid: 1400hz
All Rane mid: 1200hz
DDM mid: 1400hz

All DJM high: 13000hz
Evo4 high: 6500hz
X:42 high: 2700hz
X4D high: 10000hz
All Rane high: 4000hz
DDM high: 4200hz

4 Band EQ's:

X:92 low: 100hz

X:92 low-mid: 250hz

X:92 high-mid: 2500hz

X:92 high: 10000hz

So, have fun !! =)=)=

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:39 pm
How do i have to set up the sound card, so far the only problem that i encountered is that i can use the master cue in order to have the mix on the headphones.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:57 pm
on the ddj sx

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:58 pm
Settings Video tab. Option Video Crossfader Automatic.
Operation different from before is carried out.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 8:03 pm
First gig tonight with 7.3 and windows 8, no problems and the sound was even better than on my studio monitors. On a side note, I did take pics for a change of my meager setup minus the lighting (they don't pay me enough for that hassle lol), might post them up here in a bit after I've had a little more time to kick my feet up;^]

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 9:40 pm
Timmyg1978 wrote :
might post them up here ;^]

Cool, can't wait to see them...

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:58 pm
Thanx, posted now;^]

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 11:16 pm

Posted Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 11:48 pm
Haha!! Thank you for the link!!

Posted Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 12:40 am
You're welcome. I think I deserve a star for digging that out of the archives! :D

Posted Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 1:37 am
54%