Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ BPM Sync with Chauvet ShowXpress Dmx Control Software - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

tons of people here in New York City is using these 2 software's and wish the bpm communication was there
Bump If u Like this

Posted Sun 17 Jun 12 @ 10:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Do they have a mechanism to allow an external application to send them that information?

Posted Tue 19 Jun 12 @ 9:26 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
As a Show Express user, I would LOVE this!

Scott, I may be wrong but is the MIDI patch used for this?

If you would like to check it out, you can download Show Express here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.com/software/V6/

I have the Beta version 6.30 B5, so my screen shot is a little different. But I would be more than happy to help/test.

Also, I already asked about this from "The Lighting Controler" (Show Express forums) here: http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/V6/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1039 They seem open to it, so I would be more than happy to link up resources if possible.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 11:16 am
No, looks like MIDI control.

Need either an external trigger or an external timing mechanism such as MIDI Clock.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 3:01 pm
Ok, thanks for the response Scott. I don't see anything like that, but I did ask that on thier forum in that thread. Hopefully we will hear back in a couple days (because of the weekend).

I will get back as soon as I hear from them. Also to add, which way is the best option? Add an external trigger or MIDI clock, if you wanted to sync with another PC across a network? My DJ PC and Lighting PC are seperate (for control and resource reasons). I just like to access the Live screen lighting buttons without minimising VDJ.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 11:04 am
On a side note, I know the Live screen button triggering can be done by key presses. This particular one is "CTRL + Z" But this capture shows all the options available to trigger Live buttons:

These options shown are for my song break button (used for Live concert setting). It turns off all my sequences (Like a black out button)and turns on a slow fade for the band to set up for thier next song.

I also see options for MIDI channel, note, data and Learn if that helps. Hope this helps get some ideas for now.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 11:14 am
The down size really hurt what you can see, Here is another view:

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 11:19 am
That has a MIDI trigger which would require a loop back MIDI device and for the receiving end to not be open in VDJ I reckon.

Sending emulated key presses between applications is usually less than ideal IMHO.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 7:25 pm
Cool, thanks for the feed back man. Sounds like there has to be some more flexibility offered on thier end...

However I did just get a response back from the Show Express dev team on thier forum. They are interested in working with someone, either yourself or anyone who would be interested in helping this get started in the right direction. They asked me to get an email of the best contact for this project. Could you reccomend / PM me the email of the best person for this?

I greatly appreciate all your efforts on this.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 1:27 pm
More than happy to speak to them, I will drop you a PM.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 4:11 am
Just for others interested, I just sent the appropriate contact information over to The Lighting Controler (Show Express) dev team in a PM. Beyond that I assume we just need to let them both what they do best!

Thanks on both sides! Try getting that kind of service out of the other guys...

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 11:00 am
You'll be happy to know progress is being made - the guys at Sweetlight have added a communications protocol to allow us to talk to their software and I now have a working beat sync between them. Onto the rest now :)

Posted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 7:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
that is great news Scott. It would be nice to have that software working with VirtualDJ. I had tried that in the past. Great features.

Posted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 8:47 pm
Awesome news, thank you for the update and your expertise!

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 9:31 am
You'll be happy to know I've provided plugins to the good people at TheLightingController that support both beat sync and cue point triggering of actions and they are now testing them :)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:42 pm
Very happy, thanks for the update!

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 8:08 am
To anyone who is interested, the first Beta releases for this project have been posted HERE

Things are working well for me after 2 nights of testing (about 1hr each). a BIG THANK YOU to SBDJ!! Can't say enough great things about you and being so willing to talk & work directly with The Lighting Controller. Truely greatful that guys like you are on this form, that is why VDJ will always be #1. Support, community and coding in a way that allows new ideas to happen through Plugins, etc.

Again, HUGE thanks to all involved!

Posted Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 8:18 am
The Lighting controler is now out of Beta satges. The new 6.31 final release is HERE

Posted Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 10:26 am
talk about perfect time to post this I just got this program last night with a controler.. very cool.. Thats one thing I love about the forums..

Posted Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 11:47 am
Yea, they never stop working on cool new ideas. Glad I teamed up with the right company and did not choose one of the others... Enjoy it. Still working good for me! Thanks again to all involved!

Posted Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 9:02 pm
63%