Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ BPM Sync with Chauvet ShowXpress Dmx Control Software - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to gain some insight into Virtual DJ control of ShowExperss V6.31 MP3-DMX sound-light timelines. My goal is to create MP3-DMX timelines for all of the better songs that I play at my dances. Is there a detailed writeup of Virtual DJ-ShowExpress somewhere on the internet?
Also, can this program combination be used to adjust the song playback tempo? I currently do that with PCDJ RM2 - as it is important for couple dancing. ASIO is another desired feature. Thank you, Steve

Posted Tue 18 Dec 12 @ 6:57 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
DMX timelines are not really the main goal with this idea. As a mobile DJ, there is almost nothing VDJ can't do. ASIO support ( when you have ASIO drivers) tempo adjust and WAY more than most others. You sould try it.

As far as the plugin, they have instructions included with the plugin. The BPM sync was the important part. You can trigger scenes from the VDJ plugin, but a whole time line set could be complicated.

Check The Lighting Controler, when you get the download, you will see the instructions.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 7:38 pm
Bonjour j'ai installé le pluggin dans virtual dj et j'ai insérer le mot de passe et sous sweetlight j'ai activé la vue de live mais rien ne marche.

-Faut il demander aux appareils types changeurs de couleurs et lyres dans sweetlight d'accepter entre 0 et 255 un son?

-Faut il sous sweetlight activer le midi ou le dmx dans les boutons?

-Dans virtual dj dans renommer le CUE il faut mettre CUE 1 ROSE OU CUE 2 BLEU? Et ne pouvns nous pas activer plus de 3 CUE?

-Faut il activer le BPM EN AUTO sous sweetlight ?

-Merci pour votre aide car je souhaites faire une surprise lors d'un mariage en synchronisant la lumiére aux BPM

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 4:24 pm

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 10:52 am
I recently installed TheLightingController Plugin to interface VirtualDJ with ShowXpress. I'm unsure I have the latest version of the plugin as it displays as v0.21 BETA. If there is a release version, can anyone point me to it please?

Many thanks

Posted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:04 pm
There has only been one release of the plugin. Not sure of the version, but that sounds right.

Posted Wed 15 May 13 @ 10:24 pm
Any possibility of a Mac osx version of this plugin? The guys at sweetlighting said vdj hasnt been responding due to a possible code change or maybe release of new version. I'm sure there are plenty of Mac guys that would utilize this besides myself.

Thanks
Josh

Posted Mon 11 Nov 13 @ 7:34 pm
Ok I know this thread is a year old but I've just started using this plugin and Showxpress and so far so good..

But......... How do I set up macro commands?? I want my scanners to do one thing while while my lasers do another. Is this not possible or will I always have to use different cue points for everything??

Thanks for the time and info.

Edit
Maybe a mod could move this to the plugin section since it is a wish that came true, lol!!

Posted Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 8:37 am
Ok never mind , I just made bunch of macro buttons within Showxpress.

Posted Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 7:13 pm
If you get stuck, PM me I can help.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 9:48 pm
Where can I get the plugin it seems to have disappeared?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 5:50 pm
Is this working in VDJ version 8?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)