Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I really hope that it will arrive next week. Think about it. Big presentation of the finished version at the DJ Expo, followed by an immdiate release.
But that's just wishful thinking...

Man, as much as I like the current version, the waiting is killing me. (No need to hurry, though. Take your time.)

djsonance wrote :
Chuck Norris could have written the entire VDJ 8 software in 1 hour. Just saying. :P

Why would he? Chuck Norris doesn't need music, to make people dance.

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 8:00 am
My theory is that it'll be released around the time of the bpm show. Would be Nice if it did get released at the Expo but considering all or most of the team is somewhere across the Atlantic they'll wait till then........ but Yes I agree this version is super stable and the wait is killing me as well.

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 8:41 am
This looks something great out there, I loved the Virtual DJ version 6 morh than anything though, Virtual DJ 8 looks promising though disapointed that pictures are not from Desktop screenshot but camera :/ so can't really understand what its like

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 2:13 pm
I'm one of the many folks looking forward to VDJ8. Just sayin'. ;)

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 12:04 pm
I'm Also hoping that when VDJ8 drops there is Also a mobile version of the web site..........

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 12:09 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I'm Also hoping that when VDJ8 drops there is Also a mobile version of the web site..........

+1

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 12:44 pm
pfft version 8... who needs it?

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 3:09 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
TDBennett wrote :
pfft version 8... who needs it?

I hope when that version come out you don't use it

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 10:15 pm
espepe wrote :
I hope when that version come out you don't use it

He is just joking, everyone want's it but it hurts too much to keep thinking about it... And if you need more get into scripting or skinning the current version, you will find that VDJ7's possibilities on PC exceed any other software currently available for the intermediate user, That gap is closed if you can program for MAC ;)

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 10:43 pm
@synthet1c...great point about scripting and skinning BUT for a computer illiterate like me, it is like trying to learn a new language;) maybe one of these days I will understand it....

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 11:24 pm
Start with skinning, script and skins go hand in hand together. Its how I started and yes I still need help but I understand it alot better now.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 12:16 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Start with skinning, script and skins go hand in hand together. Its how I started and yes I still need help but I understand it alot better now.

Thanks for the tip..this economy has left me plenty of time(unfortunately). I think I might give it a try...Time to dust off the good'ole vdj Manual:)

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 12:39 am
Skinning as really hard IMO as there is more to learn as you have to use both a bitmap editor and xml coding to tell vdj what to do, start with scripting to personalise your controller... I don't want to come off too up myself but search for my name in a restricted google search and what you want, I have posted many colour coded examples of how to grasp variables to make it easier to understand

search the next line in google like >this<
site:virtualdj.com synthet1c what you want here

eg.

site:virtualdj.com synthet1c how to make a shift button

I got good at everything VDJ because I was between jobs, and it's pretty easy to do scripting and skinning once you grasp it. Don't let knowing nothing about computers stop you either.. I only know three things to do with computers.

1. how to turn the computer on
  2. how to make VDJ do anything I want it to
  3. how to format text in forums LOL

If you have any questions feel free to ask...

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 2:35 am
Thanks synthet1c...Yeap when I got on vdj that's all I knew how to do. Computer on/off. Ive spent this time learning how to tweak pc for best performances. I think I've done as much as I possibly can with it. So kind of bored with that and ready to move on. So I know I am not using vdj to its full potential. Thanks for the advice you guys...

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 7:13 am
I have one main wish that'd I like to see and that is all 3 major software's (VDJ, SERATO & Traktor) come together and work on a way to sync the databases. The one thing I love about Serato is that is stores everything in my tracks tag. So if I ever reload windows the info (cues, bpm, etc,etc) is still there, no need to re analyze. Where as with VDJ I have to make sure I save the folder or the XML and then when I re store everything make sure it's all in the exact same place as it was before or else I have to spend hours or even days re analyzing all my tracks. Plus it makes switching from one program to another that much easier cause all my info is already there.......

I'm sure I'll get some hate but that's one wish, Oh and if were gonna have colored waves then please follow the Traktor waves. I can switch between different colors and when I stretch them out it Looks like a scope wave form........

Bring on the heat.......

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 9:31 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
nope, leave mp3 tags alone. each time a tag is updated, it needs indexing. in most playback software.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 11:10 am
@ espepe, I am joking, I'm as anxious as anyone to get my hands on the new version. From the previews I've seen it is going to be amazing. (fingers crossed)
I'm sorry my attempt at humor didn't translate in text very well.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 12:31 pm
ewitles wrote :
nope, leave mp3 tags alone. each time a tag is updated, it needs indexing. in most playback software.

Well I don't know about you but I'm not constantly changing my tags so it really wouldn't be a problem...... I want to be able to store my info in my tags and not have to worry about loosing that info...... and only really analyze when a major update comes out. I wouldn't think it's a bad idea but then I'm no programmer either.......

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 12:38 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
God Bless Spain

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 7:16 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Part 1 from Brian S Redd with Adam (Superaceman)

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 7:39 pm
78%