Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djoddity wrote :
However, I agree that the NI approach will shake things up in the industry a little bit. Not quite sure what their gameplan is over there yet...

I don't think they know either to be honest ..... giving Traktor away for nothing only means they will hit users for upgrade fees every couple of months, and that will hack people off before long.

Keith

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 12:30 am
kradcliffe wrote :
giving Traktor away for nothing

But they're not giving it away for nothing. It's £63.

That recent price drop actually encouraged me to buy it......just so I could try out the new Remix Decks feature.

I wouldn't have done that if it was several hundred quid.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 3:02 am
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
NI is changing from a company that sells software to a company that makes software to sell hardware. I guess the hardware cycle is more profitable than the software one.

The DJ market has boomed over the last few years with everyone and their mother getting into it. I think it is beginning to retract though so we will see which business model will fare better.

The VDJ model is brilliant for users but not sure it will be tenable in the long term competition, although hey it has worked so far so i might be totally wrong.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 12:20 pm
I like the Timeline. It reminds me of Ableton Live. I am a Pro 7 user and love it. I am hoping they improved on the recording and broadcast. The mp3 recording is fine. However, video recording and live broadcasting can slow down and crash your PC/laptop even if you have more than enough power, speed and memory.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 12:36 pm
How quick people forget, when I went digital in 99 I came from CD and used midi control. Timecode didn't come in till 2004 and didn't go big until 2005!

CDJ's came out in 2003, I remember been at Plasa in London when all the pro's were demoing the units and believe it or not all the noise was about the Technics unit with cut master swift hired to do scratch routines.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 1:30 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Charlie Wilson wrote :
CDJ's came out in 2003, I remember been at Plasa in London when all the pro's were demoing the units and believe it or not all the noise was about the Technics unit with cut master swift hired to do scratch routines.

I remember, I was there that year! That technics deck could've wiped the floor with pioneer had it not been for a couple of fatal flaws with the unit. Nasty digital artifacts in the scratching, and because of the static area in the middle of the platter, no way of pitch bending. Close, technics, but no cigar...

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 1:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

And that failure has put them to sleep :(.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 4:02 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Shame.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 4:58 pm
chucktown wrote :
I like the Timeline. It reminds me of Ableton Live. I am a Pro 7 user and love it. I am hoping they improved on the recording and broadcast. The mp3 recording is fine. However, video recording and live broadcasting can slow down and crash your PC/laptop even if you have more than enough power, speed and memory.

I've never had an issue with VDJ or my laptop crashing while doing any of the task you mentioned. I've streamed my audio/video output to stickam.com and my audio to virtualdjradio.com simultaneously with no crashes.

Posted Tue 31 Jul 12 @ 10:59 am
kpone9PRO InfinityMember since 2011
If traktor had video.

I was not here.

Posted Wed 01 Aug 12 @ 1:31 am
I have to agree with chucktown here, the program becomes rather slow, jumpy and is more likely to crash when it is recording. It could be a setting I haven't figured out yet though

Posted Thu 02 Aug 12 @ 5:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're talking about video recording then you need to ensure you are using a decent video card. An Intel card for example will be extremely limiting.

Posted Thu 02 Aug 12 @ 12:53 pm
Oh yes the video card is key, you also may want to experiment with different codecs.
I'd be happy to get together with anyone that is having issues with video playback, recording, streaming.
We can skype, chat, email, whatever; I enjoy tinkering with videos.

Posted Thu 02 Aug 12 @ 1:53 pm
Sorry i meant audio recording only

Posted Sat 04 Aug 12 @ 3:38 am

Posted Sat 04 Aug 12 @ 12:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I'd love to hear a story how it's cost someone their job :).

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 9:38 am
Yes. Lets all be patient everyone. 7.5 works great for me. 8.0 is a gift when its ready and free, how could you beat that! I've been around although not very active on the boards since the beginning of VDJ and the team always does a great job! I think there was one version in there that was put out and everyone had all sorts of issues, although there was a quick fix. Can't remember which one but it was earlier on. That would be much worse.

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 1:53 pm
Correcting above, I meant to say the version seems to come out "quickly" and was buggy...

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 3:29 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I can't stop myself from checking this site everyday since last year for vdj8 to get released. It's driving me nuts.
Arrrrg. Anyways vdj 7 works fine for me.

-David

Posted Sat 11 Aug 12 @ 4:40 pm
Chuck Norris could have written the entire VDJ 8 software in 1 hour. Just saying. :P

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 7:05 am
73%