Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great intro to V8 guys... cheers.

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 7:52 pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE the custom color for tracks!!

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 8:10 pm
DJFooeyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
can't wait

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 5:01 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
discobrian24 wrote :
LOVE LOVE LOVE the custom color for tracks!!

ill b on to that 1st thing when i download it on my lappy.... SO EXCITED

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 5:16 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
tayla wrote :
Great intro to V8 guys... cheers.

I 2nd that

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 5:17 am
Hi!
Greta intro V8!!!

Kind regards,
Mas

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 7:15 am
Any chance we might be able to get a preview video of the new and improved sampler system? I know it got touched on in the alpha sneak peak last winter - but I'd really like to see more on how that will be set up and working...

I know we ask the world of you guys... ;-)

Posted Sat 18 Aug 12 @ 2:31 pm
just watched all 4 vids....

could ya hear the shouting from there?

I WANT!!!

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 4:17 am
Just caught up with the 4 videos and I must say I am looking forward to 7.1, but also can't wait for v8 - whenever that comes.

One decision has slightly shocked me though and this is the decision to drop Shoutcast and Icecast.

I, like many others DJ on internet radio stations. The majority of external hosts use Shoutcast or Icecast. It has been great to be able to broadcast direct from Virtual DJ and has made the set up process really really simple.

But I saw in the video, that the only option will be to broadcast direct to virtualdj.com with all other host options being removed. I think this is a real shame and I'm also wondering how it will affect owners of the Virtual DJ Broadcast edition - but then again I don't know how many of those you've sold ;-)

Current I am using BUTT (http://butt.sourceforge.net/) to record my shows which I upload to podomatic - the podcast provider chosen by the station I DJ for. I was kinda hoping that then broadcast/record interface would simply combine the existing two capabilities so that I would not need to run BUTT.

Now it looks like this will go the other way with me not using Virtual DJ at all to broadcast and having to rely on BUTT for both services.

Is the current plan set in stone? Is there no way back for Shoutcast and Icecast?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 4:32 pm
GadgetMan wrote :

One decision has slightly shocked me though and this is the decision to drop Shoutcast and Icecast.

Definitively not dropped, its still there ;) look again
Not only is it of course there - its even improved ;)

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 4:42 pm
Phew... Kinda worried but what Adam was saying in the video...

From 5:10 - 5:50 - Clearly says "No more Shoutcast, No more Icecast"

Might wanna correct that then ;-)

SO I'm guessing Shoutcast 2.0 support will be in there then...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 4:59 pm
My choice of words may not have been the best there, but I didn't elaborate. What I was trying to convey was the simplicity of the broadcasting options. My apologies for the confusion.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 5:32 pm
No worries, as long as it's improved that will suit me down to the ground... The fact you said record and broadcast, and knowing Shoutcast is still in there makes me very happy ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 5:41 pm
Easy29PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Looks nice, just can't wait to see the finished product!

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 2:58 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
@GadgetMan - Don't worry. You stll can broadcast to a normal Sever. What Adam want's to explain is that if you use the direct broadcasting option the Link to your stream is shown at your VDJ Homepage - so no knowledge needed to find the correct link for streaming.

All you need is to point your friends to your VDH Homepage to click the link to your live broadcasting.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 3:38 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I disagree with the comment that the timeline is "the big one, what everyone's talking about" - I've really not heard many talking about it with much interest, everyones talking about the new sound engine, improved timecode, new sampler and effects if I'm not mistaken? After this I would go for video features?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 10:07 am
bagpuss wrote :
I disagree with the comment that the timeline is "the big one, what everyone's talking about" - I've really not heard many talking about it with much interest, everyones talking about the new sound engine, improved timecode, new sampler and effects if I'm not mistaken? After this I would go for video features?

Couldn't agree more........ the only reason I see myself using the timeline is for video but then we'll have to wait and see when it comes out. Just wish I had more info on the sampler, even CrossDJ or whatever it's called has a pretty badass sampler.......

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 10:41 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know, saw the readup of it on DJWorks a few days ago, for a £40 program it's got a pretty impressive feature list. The whole remix/live production/mad button pushing thing seems to be the current buzz in the DJ scene, let's hope VDJ's new sampler section will be up to the job! One thing I noticed about CrossDJ's sampler is that samples are master tempo'd... nice feature.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 2:29 pm
I would like to know if they are doing a beta test and if so how do I get on the list of testers?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 3:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 6:42 pm
83%