Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Who is Talking about Haters... ? This is a Forum and when you ask hoping that when the next update comes out, Your hoping for somethings to get improved. If you like using something in a Ceratin way and there are many also besides me, Thats Not hating. Its just saying that you still have people that like using it that way. Hating is when you tell me You Dont give a Dam or CR#p. I like using it that way and many here in this forum also. I never said you are Not a Dj unless you use timecodes.. Do you see me bashing anyone here for asking for improvemnet on Midi controllers.. ? No !! When it comes to Midi Controllers, I have a NS6, Denon 3700's, Denon 3900's, Numark NDx, I had a NS7, HC4500, Hercules Rmx, Dac 3, American Audio Vms4, Vci 300, Vci 300 mk2 & Now i am getting the Pioneer DDJ S1.. On top of all That, I still like using my tech 1200's.. Hate me for liking that.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 11:38 am
That man in the video is my hero

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 2:13 pm
Not hating on anyone either. Use what you like but please dispense with that attitude that real Djs only use CDs or turntables with time code to control things. Plenty of club DJs I know use midi now too.

My fault sorry I was on a 4am rant. Back to the topic :D Where is Version 8???????? :P

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:49 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Soundman69 wrote :
Where is Version 8???????? :P

I have it on a CD somewhere.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 6:30 pm
Just got off of Skype with Steph, because we go way back, and chat at least twice a week. He said that 8 will be released next ...... next...... ummmmm.......wait a minute. I forgot that quick. I'm old so I can't remember some things. Let me talk to him again, and get right back to you. Hopefully, I won't forget we just had this conversation.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 7:03 pm
djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
A Man and His Music wrote :
Just got off of Skype with Steph, because we go way back, and chat at least twice a week. He said that 8 will be released next ...... next...... ummmmm.......wait a minute. I forgot that quick. I'm old so I can't remember some things. Let me talk to him again, and get right back to you. Hopefully, I won't forget we just had this conversation.

No problem man,i think we already knew that it will be released next December 21,2012 at 21h21m :)::):):):):):):):)

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 9:50 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :

Not very nice, Sir!! Totally thought you were serious up the second "next". Lol good times..

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 1:20 am
Yes timecode issues need to be addressed like other pros here have mentioned. Because there are still noob ppl like me that have never owned/touched vynl records(turntables). Yet still saving up for first set of TTs in the future. RMX midi is nice but I still wanna know what the big fuss is with real turntables...
Cheers

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 1:41 am
Yes, please a little more on the timecodes and for those that think turntables are going away anytime soon are SADLY MISTAKEN...........

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 3:27 pm
s2pidHome userMember since 2011
Yes timecode issues need to be addressed like other pros here have mentioned. Because there are still noob ppl like me that have never owned/touched vynl records(turntables). Yet still saving up for first set of TTs in the future. RMX midi is nice but I still wanna know what the big fuss is with real turntables...
Cheers

The "big fuss" is the following:
1 If you get a real good music cutted good into wax
2 the same music on CD
3 you digitalize them to (even 320kbs) mp3, and you make a BLIND-Test on a good system, than:

The original vinyl will ALWAYS sounds real, and warm (as long you have a decent pick up and a good {tube} PreAmp)
the other 2 will be sterilized, or kind of fake.
Lot of friends of mine did this comparison, and the wax was ALWAYS the winner.

Beside that, there is no latency at all.

On the negative side there are no cues, loops, looprolls, saples, video mixing and the wax is pretty fragile and very-very heawy.

The real TT's are just standards, reliable and most of the guys knows how to use them.

The new MIDI controlers are looks like a spaceship's command center (for an old-timer DJ), most of the time they are too compact and looks (and feels) like toys.
And most of them doesn't have a motorized platter, so the scratching or the tricks are (feels) different.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 7:56 am
apopsis wrote :
There are no "bells and whistles", just tools that you can use if you want or not.
I personally played with the alpha version the way i use to, and the cpu load was not more than in version 7.
A video showing screenshots of this session will be uploaded soon.

Regarding this (and apologies if this is not the right place to ask), is there an option to turn features 'off' to save CPU?

For example, I do not use any of the Video features, nor do I have any plans to. I would rather disable all video features so that the extra CPU time is available for better (i.e. higher quality) timecode analysis and response.

Similarly for the built in equalizer/mixer - I have all the features I need on an external mixer, so I'd prefer to disable the internal one altogether and save even more CPU time and memory.

Is this possible? Does the new Virtual DJ have a modular system to disable unused features?

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 7:38 pm
There are many questions about the next release that have yet to be unanswered and will remain that way. As mentioned previously in this thread, we do not disclose details of the release. The sneak peak video is an exception to the rule and you will either need to draw your own conclusions from the video or need to wait until the undisclosed release date to find out.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 8:05 pm
jay-b05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
so when can we get our hands on this ??

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 10:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
When it's ready for release.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 10:19 am
I hope that timecoding with be improved in the new release. It would only make great marketing sense to be on par with the other software as far as timecodes are concerned. I own 6 controllers and I primarily use a midi controller because VDJ is definetly a better software for me to mix video with, but I also like to scratch with my 1200's if I am playing at that type of venue so timecodes are important too.. Atomix would only gain/benefit from improving the timecode issue they could possibly attrack some Serato users. Only seems like a good marketing & performance move to me.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 10:27 am
I'm gonna make an assumption here and that the timecode issues will be worked out. I tried out Dj Decks with some timecodes and things were pretty much on point. Backspins were on point and scratching was clean, sounding crispy, lol!! But Yeah I love VDJ and I mainly use my 1200's for our shows so I'm excited for whatever it is they have in store. Hope I can beta test when they get to that level.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 12:19 pm
I'm curious for the product, but at least equally curious on the marketing around VDJ8. With Tractor Pro being reduced to just a third of the price of VDJ pro and Serato offering Video for half the price I imagine the commercial department has an even more difficult challenge than the development department.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 2:21 pm

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 2:47 pm
jboerlage wrote :
I'm curious for the product, but at least equally curious on the marketing around VDJ8. With Tractor Pro being reduced to just a third of the price of VDJ pro and Serato offering Video for half the price I imagine the commercial department has an even more difficult challenge than the development department.

Meh, you still have to buy expensive hardware to get into Serato - and then add the video upgrade on top of that. I don't see that as being much of an issue for Atomix to counter from dollars to value. However, I agree that the NI approach will shake things up in the industry a little bit. Not quite sure what their gameplan is over there yet...

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 3:08 pm
Buying Good equipment is Expensive. Its not just serato. Traktor will atract alittle more people but i dont think it will make a impact.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 6:33 pm
68%