Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm currently using a second laptop to run a karaoke programme which is then fed to a dedicated monitor for the karaoke singers whilst the rest of the venue screens are used for VDJ output.

The problem I encounter is while I have cued up deck two for after the singer has been on and then pause deck 1 to allow the singer to commence I end up with a paused image on all of the venues screens.

Would it be possible to have added in the "use this plugin for audio-only files" an added option tick box "when both decks paused" to play the desired plugin, ie clipbank, sonique etc.

Obviously depending on whatever or if any changes have been made to the current karaoke plugin this suggestion may already be redundant, meaning I won't need to run a second laptop.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 2:20 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You could do this now in the current version,

1. Put a audio track on deck B.
2. Play karaoke on deck A.
3. Load next karaoke track on deck C.
2. Switch Master deck A to C.

So your karaoke will only be working with deck A and C and deck B will be for filler tracks deck which you can feed from AutoMix playlist..
I've tried the above method and couldn't get it to work with videos, Why doesn't it work???

Another option that does work would be to feed all your karaoke tracks from AutoMix Playlist and Master deck A to play that list for all karaoke and videos and deck B for audio file to work with ClipBank..

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 6:43 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this is what i currently do for Karaoke using one laptop but not using karaoke plugin. i run automix on deck A. If the playlist is premixed i attach a video (moving pattern) to that list. The Karaoke tracks on played on deck B. And are cued with cue one. When i switch from A to B my logo shows.Karaoke tracks are stacked in side list.Sometimes i used sonique over karaoke tracks.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 7:48 pm
Guys I've been around long enough to know what to do and the short cuts to do it in, your probably following some of my tips anyway by the replies so far, but thanks for the suggestions anyway.

I want a simple automatic solution that is not currently available when running 2 decks and a video show throughout the night, all I need just now is explained above, pause the decks and clipbank kicks in, simple. I don't want to worry about doing this that or the other to get clipbank to show, but as I also stated, hopefully the basic karaoke plugin we have now will get a make over and I won't need to use the second laptop.

Just a thought, I wonder if karaoke will still default to deck A in the new version.... get in the habit, you know it makes sense, lol.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 8:13 pm
..Well not knowing what you knew and since you asked the question I offered some solutions which I use every week at five different gigs a week every month, I even stopped using my Hoster karaoke program because the outcome in VDJ is so much better and more professional......and only using one computer for all these task..

My only gripe is the limitation of the ClipBank, that's why I've been asking for a "Clip Folder" to store many clips to use all night without repeating any clips all night long..., twelve folders instead of twelve clips....

..As far as what your asking, don't know how this can work if you already have a video playing on the same deck, maybe a button on each deck that could over ride the playing video with a clip from the default ClipBank?.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 10:25 pm
I've tried using the on board karaoke plugin from VDJ, but if you think it is more professional than say the software delivered by Karma or what was used in PCDJ then we do live in different "professional" worlds.

We are lucky enough to have the guy that developed the software for PCDJ and this is my hope that we will get a karaoke plugin to match or even better that of PCDJ.

I've been asking for an increase in clipbanks capability since it's release and if you read the threads a solution is there on a much more professional level and once again I'm hoping it will come in the next release.

Finally, my wish (see below) was for clipbank to overide the decks when both decks are in pause mode and disengage when one or both decks were in play mode, whether this coding is possible I don't know, thats why I posted in the wish list forum.

"Would it be possible to have added in the "use this plugin for audio-only files" an added option tick box "when both decks paused" to play the desired plugin, ie clipbank, sonique etc."

Well thats my wish, hopefully a solution is already been marked out for a future version.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 4:43 am
tayla wrote :
I've tried using the on board karaoke plugin from VDJ, but if you think it is more professional than say the software delivered by Karma or what was used in PCDJ then we do live in different "professional" worlds.

You assume wrong again, I don't use that plug-in because it's broken and doesn't work properly,... though the one good thing about that plug-in is it provides a second play list if you will to hold the karaoke tracks nicely, ....We really need this 2nd playlist feature...

I know there are virtually No karaoke feature sets in VDJ, so I was really taking about how "professional" it looks to the audience and how you can Mix with videos and audio tracks altogether without missing a beat in VDJ, .....if you know how, ....and it can be done...

This tool is amazing, No karaoke program I've ever seen can match what VDJ can put out..Period.

Now specific core feature of a typical karaoke program, I would say keep that separate in another module if you really need it, I have Hoster karaoke program for many years and don't use it anymore because VDJ is more dynamic and can easily deliver more intuitively a solid "Professional" outcome than any other...

tayla wrote :
We are lucky enough to have the guy that developed the software for PCDJ and this is my hope that we will get a karaoke plugin to match or even better that of PCDJ.

Totally agree with you... It's the weakest Link..., but keep it separate in another module..

tayla wrote :
I've been asking for an increase in clipbanks capability since it's release and if you read the threads a solution is there on a much more professional level and once again I'm hoping it will come in the next release.

Yep, we have no choice, but to clog up the video effects folder with many banks after banks that doesn't come close to what we need for a night after night gig and if you’re playing at the same place, it's a guaranteed bore with the regulars, like the boss..

tayla wrote :
Finally, my wish (see below) was for clipbank to overide the decks when both decks are in pause mode and disengage when one or both decks were in play mode, whether this coding is possible I don't know, thats why I posted in the wish list forum.

I do understand what you’re asking, you may even use it to cover up an "Explicit Scene" at chucknorrisyouwimps aka (Chuck) strip club, and I know he would enjoy that feature too,…just kidding hehehe.

I can see the benefit to what you’re asking, if it's possible, though its a workaround, it can be done now in the current version was my point.

tayla wrote :
"Would it be possible to have added in the "use this plugin for audio-only files" an added option tick box "when both decks paused" to play the desired plugin, ie clipbank, sonique etc."

Well thats my wish, hopefully a solution is already been marked out for a future version.

This is already possible in the current version by fading to an un-loaded deck, once you've triggered that option in the video config tab, for now...

It's a good idea though +++

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 11:22 am
I originally post this in the General topics be cause I didn\'t know there was a suggestions topics.

I have a zune and really love the visualizer. If you haven\'t seen it basically it has a background pic of the artist currently playing with text scrolling showing the name, track, and album art. unlike video playback which can eat up a lot of cpu/gpu power, an visualizer would take up less of that pc power but still provide a cool video for some one to see.

for a mobile or wedding dj maybe there can be away to have a jpeg folder where a logo for the dj or pictures from the event can placed in so that can be placed in the background slide show. A club or venue dj might could have usb cams that are on the dance floor, crowd, or go-go dancers that the software can then incorporate into the presentation. Also for the home user or bedroom dj it could be a cool video for his/her sets/remixes/mashes the can be recorded and shared online.

I think the VDJ could incorporate that into the software where the color filters would pulse to the beat, effects like echo and reverb can blur the pictures, all types of cool stuff with the fonts, different themes, or even 2D/3D avatar sky is the limit. When you record your mix that can be the video you get, it will show the artist and song in a cool video/audio package that can be share on youtube, vimeo, facebook.

I dont know how possible this would be but I think it would be great to see it in a future update

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 7:52 pm
Projection mapping!

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 10:48 pm
How about an app that runs on either tablet or Lighting PC to allow the light jock to see the wave forms the DJ sees? This would allow the LJ to anticipate build-ups and breakdowns and master them with precision.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 3:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I d like your ideas and feedback on a feature that has been asked in the past.

Video Deck faders

Currently the video can be faded along with the volume, and the video crossfader gives you the ability (at least for 2 decks) to mix video at will.
So i would like to have some ideas/scenarios/cases on how those Video deck faders could be used.

thank you.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 2:10 pm
Organic fades and wipes would be awesome.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 3:32 am
djdad wrote :
I d like your ideas and feedback on a feature that has been asked in the past.

Video Deck faders

Currently the video can be faded along with the volume, and the video crossfader gives you the ability (at least for 2 decks) to mix video at will.
So i would like to have some ideas/scenarios/cases on how those Video deck faders could be used.

thank you.

At one of the clubs we do we have control of the lights as well. Well during a build we like to back out the club right before the drop and since I can't black out the screens without killing the volume the club never goes completely black.

I don't really think it's fair that you ask user how they'd use something like this. I say give use the tools and we'll show you better then we can explain, lol!!

I'll keep posting examples.........

Posted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 10:40 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I put up an effect that allows you to map the a fade of the master video output to a button or slider, so you can actually accomplish that now ;)

Posted Tue 18 Sep 12 @ 8:30 pm
Well you got me there, lol!!

Posted Wed 19 Sep 12 @ 3:42 pm
An Un-dockable and Resizable video window screen in the skin, so you can drag it or resize it anywhere you need, even to another monitor..
This will be great for karaoke, you can resize it so you could read the lyric screen window more easily then you can now...

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 9:36 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
An Un-dockable and Resizable video window screen in the skin, so you can drag it or resize it anywhere you need, even to another monitor..
This will be great for karaoke, you can resize it so you could read the lyric screen window more easily then you can now...

Surely we have that already.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 12:12 am
Not really, If you use an extended monitor like must all of us do at a gig you Don't have that ability on the laptop screen aswell, because that Window you refer to is used for the extended monitor,.... though you do have a small video window screen on the skin that can be displayed in the laptop,... it Can't be un-docked or resized at all and toooo small to be usable at a gig, dim lights and all...

Try reading karaoke lyrics as they scroll by from that video screen on the Skin in your laptop monitor...This idea will make it more usable for all...

Posted Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 10:24 am
sorry misunderstood

Posted Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 11:12 am
@bazoo, I made this template years ago, just wondering if this was what you were meaning, it's been possible with the Firetext plugin for years, not sure if it's possible with the free version.

You can run multiple outputs with it, ie, sms, karaoke, video, images, voting etc all at the same time, just resize each window to suit your needs.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 12:05 pm
46%