Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi
As i don´t need to talk anymore about the fadetoblack on volume sliders :),it was already mencioned above,

i´d like to ask the possibility to have a multicam plugin,so we can have at least 3 cam connected to it,guys it
would be very especial with all have seen in this new vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlQSSnB4O0k&feature=related

Posted Sun 13 May 12 @ 4:13 pm
I would like to request an app for additional pc to allow a light jockey to see waveforms for active decks. The app should be able to float onto any lighting program and mirror the current wavs that the DJ sees. This would allow DJs to collaborate and intensify the light show with the LJ..

Thank You

Posted Wed 23 May 12 @ 2:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Any decent light jockey worth his salt will tell you he doesn't need waveforms to work his craft, you instinctively feel the music, a lot like a dj reads a room.

Posted Wed 23 May 12 @ 6:59 pm
apexdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I would like to see some type of clipbank folder selection for all clips. For instance if I wanted to pull all clips up relating to drink specials, I could have all of them within the 12 selections instead of actually having to do a search and load different ones individually. Then for instance switch to Shadow Dancers and all 12 clips would be Shadow dancers. Maybe some type of menu like the record case. I work in various clubs and having to switch out my clips that are uniquely designed for each club each night is a pain!

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 3:19 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Copy the dll. in your video effects folder to say your desktop or anywhere else on your computer, give it the name say "drinks specials" and copy this process as many times as you want or need.

Now open up vdj and in the video section you will see it populated with your new clipbanks, select the one you want and activate, load the visuals into your new clipbank.

If you are wanting to run random clipbank with these new "banks" you will have to also copy the random clip bank dll. and give it the exact same name, always remember to run the random clipbank dll. first with it's clipbank partner otherwise it will fail to work.

This tutorial I did for one of the guys sometime back may help....

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 10:27 am
i know this might be asking way too much, but is there someway we could have smooth transitions from video effects instead of just chopping it off and the image on screen just jumping back to its plain old self?
it would almost be a self-animator in a way - taking something like the 3d spinning cube or pandora's box and smoothing it out to a regular image.
call it an "ironing board" plug-in? cause it smooths things out?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 2:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
That would be better implemented in the plugin itself IMHO - VDJ doesn't know what a plugin is going to do, so a smooth transition could be just as clunky.

Posted Sun 10 Jun 12 @ 9:14 pm
think i get it;
like bits of code that turn on when the plug-in is activated and then later when the plug-in is turned off they turn on again unti its finished with returning image back to normal.

over-complicated?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 8:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats exactly what the plugin would need to do :)

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 4:09 pm
OsamaAJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
it will be great if virtual dj could support more karaoke formats like ,,, *.kar , or midi files

Posted Mon 18 Jun 12 @ 7:50 pm
dj-4-uPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The issue I'm having is using the vms controller, it is both midi and analog at the same time.

It would be nice to be able to use the volume fades to fade to black when the mapping is set to FAKE_

Posted Mon 09 Jul 12 @ 2:09 am
Being able to stream video to JTV, uStream, and VDJ radio.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 3:28 pm
I've never tried it with jtv but you can already do it with ustream and I believe vdj radio just started doing videos..

Posted Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 6:08 pm
A cleaner slideshow or background option that works similar to Siglos Karaoke Professional. Lays only the lyrics over the selected background or slideshow images. This is a great way for karaoke professionals to run advertisements for the establishments they work and lay out their common schedules so people can possibly follow them from bar to bar throughout a week or month. There are a lot of applications for this kind of feature and I'm seriously considering using separate software for my karaoke shows for this feature and the karaoke singer rotation features. It saves singers songs that they like to sing (but highly adaptable) and remembers any key adjustments as well as allowing you to change the order of the singers and their songs individually at any moment. If a karaoke plugin for singers and song lists this rich could be added as well as a more intelligent video render for karaoke (cleaning out the blank blue or black backgrounds of karaoke tracks), this would make VDJ the absolutely BEST choice for ANY karaoke host.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 3:36 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is what you can do for singers songs, make a venue folder using a virtual folder, then make subfolders for each singer in that venue you need, so this will at least give you a playlist of what each singer sings..(singers history)

...As far as the key change this can be changed at the deck, but not sure if it can be saved for each song and each singer individually, That would be a great feature to have..

For the rotation you can use the AutoMix playlist on the right panel for this, but a dedicated second AutoMix playlist option would be a cleaner choice where you can populate the 2nd playlist with karaoke tracks while running backgound filler music on the first AutoMix playlist...

For slide show you can run it in transitions or as a file between songs if you like, there was some talk on the background feature, but as a plugin program..

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 10:55 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I'd like to see "Video Faders" that arent attached to the volume faders. This is needed so I can have a loop playing with the crossfader open and not showing the video.

Hope that makes sense
Huey

+1

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 12:28 pm
I'm already using playlists for my common singers (history helps a lot in that respect to build those playlists), but for ease of use there's no comparison as this other program allows me to shift the order of the singers so that 3/4 of the way through the night I'm not getting lost due to having close to 20 singers.

Unfortunately, virtual dj does not remember key shifts or karaoke files so you have to try and remember from one week to the next. I have thought of trying to find the right key during the show and then using fl studio or mixcraft to create a modified mp3 and then a 2nd version of the track just for that one singer but that's really a lot more work than it could be.

I definitely already run a slideshow in the background to promote both the business I'm working for and my own business, however, I'd like to run one while singers are on the mic. Also, having the next singer up scrolling from a plugin, rather than using one of the basic text plugins like firetext or text or scrolling text... one karaoke plugin to take care of singers, up next, and key change saves, would totally kick butt! I know a lot of KJs that would gladly pay for an addon that rich and powerful and it's really not that complicated in theory.

Right now I run backgrounds during the songs and fade my logo into the background so it's barely visible. It works but I'd rather swap images throughout the songs.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 1:51 pm
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :
[quote=beatbreaker1]I'd like to see "Video Faders" that arent attached to the volume faders. This is needed so I can have a loop playing with the crossfader open and not showing the video.

Hope that makes sense
Huey

In the options you can unlink the video and audio crossfaders and black out the screen while playing a video or play a separate video to a track you're currently playing. It's actually pretty simple. They're linked together by default but it's a matter of a check box to fix that.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 1:53 pm
mixin2Home userMember since 2012
Control RGB and switch to CBC (Color, Brigthnes, Contrast) Video effect via knob (hi-mid-low) of midi mixer or usb controller. Sorry for the inglish i like mix video whit this comodities ::)

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 9:58 pm
semperfiBSE wrote :

In the options you can unlink the video and audio crossfaders and black out the screen while playing a video or play a separate video to a track you're currently playing. It's actually pretty simple. They're linked together by default but it's a matter of a check box to fix that.

Not even close to what were talking and its just not possible with VDJ at this moment................

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 9:58 pm
35%