Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I want to "ignore" some parts of my videos . Something like Point A/B

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 3:19 pm
I'd like to see video faders but that I can attach to the transitions. So basically if I only mix with my upfaders when I bring up deck 2 whatever transition I'm using is what I see on the master output. I believe M.E. has this option. Also have effects only effect the left or right video not the master output or the option to select what gets affected.

Good Day
Huey

Posted Fri 27 Jan 12 @ 10:21 am
I just thought of a way to make it work for your huey

this is the full video fader, will follow only the selected deck (pfl)

device_side 'left' ? deck left select ? deck left volume & param_invert & video_crossfader : deck left volume : deck right select ? deck right volume & video_crossfader : deck right volume

this is half the fader, doesn't work very well

device_side 'left' ? deck left volume & param_invert & param_multiply 50% & video_crossfader : deck right volume & param_add 100% & param_multiply 50% & video_crossfader

Actually thinking about a little more it might be better it the selected deck moves the video fader 75% then turning down the other deck moves it the further 25%... I'll see if I can make it work

see if this is better
device_side 'left' ? deck left select ? deck left volume & param_invert & video_crossfader : deck right select ? param_add -300% & param_invert & param_multiply 25% & video_crossfader : deck left volume : deck right select ? deck right volume & param_multiply 75% & video_crossfader : deck left select ? param_multiply 25% & video_crossfader : deck right volume

Posted Fri 27 Jan 12 @ 11:12 am
for a video fx plugin how about boom and shake to the low frequency, it would be great to have sliders to adjust the amount of boom (zoom) and (shake), the hold of boom and shake and the frequency cutoff as dispayed in djcels shockwave, it would be great to have subtlety in the effect as at present the boom fx bounces too far but this would make it look like an earthquake on the bass drum,

Also for another one could you make a plugin that randomly changes (RGB) levels the different secondary colours (BPROYG) of the video to the beat, it might look psychadelic...

and while Im at it, something that drops the video to 8 or 16 bit color with high contrast black edges and color brightness levels so you can make videos look like a cartoon

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 7:36 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Also have effects only effect the left or right video not the master output or the option to select what gets affected.
Huey

Either have the selector on the skin or add a 3-way switch to a plug-in. It could say Left Player, Right Player or Main out.
Of course it would be up to the creator to update their plug-in with the switch and those without the switch would default to Main like they are now.
Also plug-ins that should only be on the main-out wouldn't have the switch and would default to the main-out.

It would be great to Preview some plug-ins like Essential Media in a player window!

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 7:30 pm
Well, I've just been to see 'The Muppets'. The film was ok, the kids loved it, but halfway through the film they done this video effect that looked fantastic. As soon as I saw it I wanted the effect on VDJ. The effect was a border of what looked like small led tiles, two tiles thick doing pretty patterns all around the outside of the screen while the film carried on playing in the middle. I haven't described it that well but I'm sorry you are going to have to see the film and then you will know how good this looks.
I really hope that the programmers see the film soon and create this fantastic effect.
Kind regards,
Rob.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 6:16 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is There a Way Of Linking A Video To A Playlist As Opposed To Each Individual Track in A Playlist.Also A Way Of Removing Video from Playlist.??

Posted Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 7:01 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you want to display a video while an audio file plays, then, yes use SBDJ clipbank plugin, otherwise, No only individualy...
Removing a video or any media from a play list, just right click over the file and choose remove...

Posted Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 1:40 pm
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For Karaoke-Users:

Could You add a function for timeshifting linked Videos.
It had to be in the File-Info under "linked to video ... shifted -5 sec" e.g.

Would be the best way to adjust Karaoke-Videos with long Intros to other Instrumentals.
Would save much time for editing files or create own cdg.

Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 3:07 pm
Svenino wrote :
For Karaoke-Users:

Could You add a function for timeshifting linked Videos.
It had to be in the File-Info under "linked to video ... shifted -5 sec" e.g.

Would be the best way to adjust Karaoke-Videos with long Intros to other Instrumentals.
Would save much time for editing files or create own cdg.

Thanks

And save that info in the database file so you only need to set it once ;-)

Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 5:06 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
rickandfred wrote :
Support of ALL karaoke formats.

I know that some formats of karaoke are unsupported, is it a possible that VDJ can support ALL of the existing formats? Would make things easier.

Example, I have a karaoke song i loaded into VDJ and doesnt play, went through the files and codecs, decompression, etc. When I use Compuhost, file plays fine, VDJ does not see it at all.

Thanks!

rickdj@aol.com

Maybe give a filetype that won't play. Some MP3+G's are zipped incorrectly, and windows cannot unzip them with it's internal zip program. This is the program that VDJ uses.

Posted Sun 18 Mar 12 @ 8:59 pm
tomo767PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey guys @ atomix, im using vdj7 and was wondering if it will be adapted for multiple screen outputs (Matrixing) example, music video split on projectors 1&2 to make 1 large image or screen 1 video and screen 2 clip bank etc . I am curently using 1vga and 2 hdmi out . Thanks

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 7:33 pm
Please can we have a new text plugin. That can produce differnt graphics like word art in word but photoshop quality. And maybe also have up to five different messages that will change automatically and each message can be assigned a different font. This sorting thing would be great for birthdays. Also change of text can be lonked to the bpm and have speed fader for the text.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 8:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Implementing word art would be a major undertaking.

Text2D and ScrollText are worth a look.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:43 pm
could we have the abbility to store effects within each video file for instant recall. Also have some preset animations for text on screen like boom, wave, spin and so on. :-)

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 5:15 am
HELLO:

SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR VIRTUAL 8:
Sync with Dropbox and other STORAGE SYSTEMS IN THE CLOUD (PLAYLISTS, SONGS ...)
AUIOEFFECT CAN ASSIGN A PARTICULAR VIDEOEFFECT(LINK AUDIO + VIDEO EFFECT)
VIDEO EFFECTS FOR EACH SELECT INDEPENDENT CHANNEL OR THE MASTER OF VIDEO
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, THANKS

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 9:05 pm
3skyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
here are my thee symple things i would love on vdj. sorry for my english

-Brightness knob- so we can easy fade to black or fade to white anythime. (it think pioneer vj mixer has it and its great)

-Possibility to trigger sound and video effects at the same time,and choose which video effect will correspond to given audio effect.

-Smooth video transition even if movement of fyzical crossfader is not smooth.(works perfect on mixemergency and serato)

-Option to trigger automatic video transition when crossfader passes halfway.so we can bring in the soudnd from another track by moving crossfader close to the center ,and in the moment when we want to crossfade the video we just move it little furder.

-possibility to move the center bar on the waveform display to the left so we can zoom at what is going to happen.It looks nice in the center,but half of display (left from the bar) is useless piece of information and it only takes up space.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 7:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
3sky wrote :
Brightness knob- so we can easy fade to black or fade to white anythime.

There is a plugin available for this, and it can be mapped to a knob easily.

3sky wrote :
Possibility to trigger sound and video effects at the same time,and choose which video effect will correspond to given audio effect.

This is already possible, you simply map them as you want to trigger them.

3sky wrote :
Smooth video transition even if movement of fyzical crossfader is not smooth.(works perfect on mixemergency and serato)

You can perform smooth timed crossfades already.

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 4:02 pm
I would like to see Sonique effect added to Mac version. I would also like to see MusicGroup compatibility with videos.

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 7:21 am
Hi all,
I would like to ask the Dev team if they are going to keep the user assignable decoders to different file extensions available in version8.

My wish is for more visualizations. Sonique is a little tired.

It would also be good if clip bank could play loaded files using the decoder allocated to that file extension within VDJ.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 12 @ 5:02 pm
23%