Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

"iRemote requires VirtualDJ v7.0.2 or above to work " from WIKI

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 1:35 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Thanks. I missed the "or above" part.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 9:37 am
I have latest version of VDJ pro and Iremote app. I use a Macbook pro and can create an add hoc wifi connection and get remote to connect and work fine.....BUT after around 20 secs or so the connection drops out. It then says it's trying to find conection which it does after a while and then same thing happens all over again. This basically means i cant trust it to use it live. Any sollutions please?....Oh and this happens in different venues.
Many thanks

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 4:20 am
Mi firts preview.

Regards..

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 11:14 am
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
ridgeskimmer wrote :
I have latest version of VDJ pro and Iremote app. I use a Macbook pro and can create an add hoc wifi connection and get remote to connect and work fine.....BUT after around 20 secs or so the connection drops out. It then says it's trying to find conection which it does after a while and then same thing happens all over again. This basically means i cant trust it to use it live. Any sollutions please?....Oh and this happens in different venues.
Many thanks

Yea ad hoc is flakey.
I bought a $30 wireless router and velcro to the inside my rack. Works great and has a 300 ft range.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 10:42 pm
iremote for bberry playbook pleasE!!!!

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 3:21 am
I can get connected and it works for a while but then either the IPhone/IPAD freezes and so does the pc sometimes. I run a total stable system that hasn't let me down once in almost 2 years running solid video.

Also, I have dl'd Iphone/IPAD skins to my pc. How do I get these on the Iphone/IPAD? Does the same skin have to be on the PC? Thanks.

Posted Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 9:24 am
I would love to have iRemote for BlackBerry Playbook, pleaaaaaseeeee!!!

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 10:02 am

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 10:58 am
kelerikPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Guys,

i have the iphone app working fine on VDJ home version - (that is it sees the phone ok in config /iphone - etc ,
but if I run the VD professional version 7.05 (on the same machine) - the phone is no where to be seen !!!

So ... as it works! ok on home version everytime - we know its not a wireless network / congfig / firewall problem etc.
So any ideas as to why the pro version doesnt see the phone at all ?
Regards

Eric

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 7:45 am
Are you using a cracked version of Pro ?

Can't think of any other reason it would not work

Keith

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 8:06 am
Hi Keith .

No - we DONT EVER deal in cracked software WE are an ISP in the day job !!!!) -
I ONLY EVER run legitimate software on my equipment !!!!!! ALL software i have is bought and paid for !!!

However ...

The pro version is running on my work colleagues machine (which IS a licensed copy of pro).
I bought the App for my I phone (as my colleague didnt want to buy it himself !!!) to see how it would work
It works as I say OK with the home version ... - But since it wont work with the pro version - I'm reluctant now to buy the pro version (which i was about to do ) unless i see it working first with the remote app.

IS there any conflict between registration of the Iphone / versus registration of Itunes / registration of VDJ pro -bearing in mind the iphone is registered to me of course to a different email account that appears on VDJ pro.

In other words - is there ANY account filltering -which there must be something ! - otherwise what would stop someone " logging in with another device and taking over the show !!"" - i know that would require accest to the VDJ local control panel - but you can see the argument for some sort of device filtering ???

Regards

Eric

IF I vlalidate the phone on the home version, it then runs OK... and if I then run the 'pro version - i phone appears in the list - but is reported as "not there

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 1:46 pm
Ah OK ..... something strange there then!

I'm not aware of anything different in the Pro version that would cause this issue. I don't think there's any validation as such however someone from Atomix may be able to confirm that.

Also check the Pro version installed is 7.02 or above.

Are you saying both Home and Pro are on the same machine or are they not? If it's on a different machine to the home version can you check there are no firewall issues and Apple Bonjour is installed on the PC. By default, VirtualDJ uses port 4243 to communicate with the iRemote & Apple's Bonjour uses port 5353

It's unusual this has happened as there are very few issues with connecting.

Regards

Keith

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 2:07 pm
Hi There,
No - the two versions (home and pro) are on the same machine - and the pro version is V7.05

As it works fine with the home version - there cannot be any network issues !!

Ive tried unistalling the home version - (and doing a factory reset on the pro version) and it flatly refuses to see the phone at all.

So to recap fine on Home,, NO sign of it on PRO V 7.05 !!!

All the Iphone does is show the rotating circle "attempting to locate VDJ" !!

To be honest ... having used Itunes in the past ... and had BIG problems with that ... I'm not surprised it doesnt work !!!

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 2:52 pm
Hi Keith.

I have a second laptop which we ONLY use for playing backing tracks (using siglos CDG player) - we are a duo band.

IF i was to installl VDJ pro on that machine - using of course my colleugues unlock code - would that work??

I ask this becuase i REALLY want to see this working FIRST before I spend anymore money !!!!

I REALLY want to use VDJ in our band for disco use during our breaks in between live perfomances - and to be able to remote control it via a ihpone of ipad would be brilliant -

BUT - as I say - Im NO fan of apple stuff - I tunes was a COMPLETE disaster,
The I PHone isnt much better ... and I JUST DONT truxt all this bonjour print stuff that needs installing -
TOO many things to go wrong !!!

there must be a reason why this doesnt work ??!!!!?? -

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 3:07 pm
Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote.html

No you cannot use your colleague's VirtualDJ serial number nor can they share or disclose their serial number to you or anybody else. This is strictly forbidden. Their serial number is for their own use only and cannot be used to install the software on a computer that does not belong to them . Doing so is a violation of the End User License Agreement - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Can%20I%20share%20my%20Serial%20Number.html and http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Can%20I%20install%20the%20software%20on%20a%20new%20computer%20or%20more%20than%20one%20computer.html

If you wish to be able to use VirtualDJ Pro on your own computer, you will need to purchase your own license for it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - If you like the software, please support it and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 6:30 am
Hi There.

i appreciate your comment regarding use of licensing. - AND please understand, as a business owner mysef, I fully support the principle of paying for legitimate use of ANY product!!

However- As with any peoduct ... I still need to see it working !!!!!! - Is that not a reasonable thing to ask ???

PLEASE - I am quite happy to buy software PROVIDED I SEE it working correctly -
AS I said earlier -ALL my software I use for my business as an ISP and for my MUSIC BUSINESS as a band use is Bought and paid for !!!

I ONLY SUGGESTED THIS IDEA AS A TEST !!!!!!

PLEASE , I dont need all the dusty T's and C's throwing at me !!! - Im a level headed engineer who justs wants to use the software legitimately !!!!! - AND like I said .. I WANT to see it working first with my equipment !

And it seems that, (to re-cap) doesnt work with the Pro version - but does with the home - on my colleagues machine.

I only bought the app so we could test it on his machine as he has the pro version which I was going to buy !!!
( but he was not inclined to buy the app -so I bought it on MY Iphone ... and lo and behold ....it doesnt work!!!

So - SHOULD I spend the ££££'s on the pro version in the hope it will work ok on my machine ??? -so what would you do ???

I'm not a DJ - We only want to use VDJ for disco fill in between live music sets - so being able to remote control it was a REAL bonus !!

Regards

Eric

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:46 am
Eric,

Why not just use the home free version if it works?

The home version is a stripped down version of the same software so users can try it before purchase, and to that end there is nothing I can think of that would explain why one version would work and not the other. Have you tried my suggestions above?

As per the statement from support, the EULA allows the owner of the software to install it on one primary machine and one backup. Unfortunately these are the terms of licence users agree to when purchasing the software.

Aside from this, there are other clients like Splashtop remote which will allow emulation of your desktop on a tablet (Android, iOS or BB) so you could try that if iremote doesn't work for you.

Regards

Keith

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:06 am
The best option would be for the owner of the Pro license to contact support using the live chat facility: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

The owner can then allow support to connect directly to the computer to take a look at the problem directly (Obviously you would need to be there too with your iPhone.)

Please also see the above page http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote.html and make sure that you have followed all the advice and steps given.

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:16 am
Hi Keith,

Three main reasons why I wanted to buy the pro version

1. As with any product, If I buy it - I feel that Ive contributed towrds the cost of developing it - and can also legitimately ask for support !! - .... which is actuallly why I feel very uncomfrotable right now in asking for help with the remote app as I havent bought VD (yet !!) !!!

2. We do use backing tracks in our band for whiich I program CDG files for on screen lyrics prompt (we use "CDG creator" and "siglos player" for that at the moment) - and those cdg files will show "lyrics" in the VDJ video window - which.... isnt sizeable in the home version -
and i rather liked the idea of maybe using VDJ pro specifically for this as it has a much more powerful song search facility

3.. We are using music software for commercial use - and I thought that was banned for the home version of VDJ ??!!

I have looked at all the "technical" settings - etc that you suggest . As it works perfectly well with the home version, there cant be any thing wrong with the network side of things!

Its a pity that Atomix cant ( like many other providers do) provide temporary use of the product with all its facilities enabled. ( with a key for example that lasts say 14 days so you have time to fully evaluate and iron out any bugs before comimiting to buy.)

Regards

Eric

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:31 am
86%