Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello guys,

so far the connection problems with WIFI

you must have a wifi connection on the computer itself laptop mostly buildin but for desktops your gonna need a wifi stick.

tho i just found a new problem. IRemote for VDJ doesnt seem to work without internet connection.
everytime when internet is connected to my pc it connects, but assoon as i remove the internet cable also my stand alone wifi stick stops working and connections fails.

what is that about... the program should be abel to run without internet does it ??? just a wifi stick so you can connect to the pc should be fine.
or does the program needs 100% internet for the app to work ??

Posted Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 12:27 pm

Posted Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 9:13 pm
Does the ipod / ipad version of Virtual DJ have the video capabilites? I would like to mix videos with my Ipad using the ipod / ipad composite (red, white, yellow) RCAs?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 12:57 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@rahouston You can mix videos but the audio does not come out of the ipod/ipad/iphone and you cannot view the videos on the ipod/ipad/iphone. All you are doing is controlling the program in this version.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 1:12 pm
iRemote is a remote control for VirtualDJ only (A bit like a wireless MIDI controller) and controls VirtualDJ running on your PC or Mac.

It cannot be used stand-alone and cannot directly mix audio or video.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 7:12 am
I have downloaded VirtualDJ iRemote to my iPhone. I'm trying to get it work with the VirtualDJ 5.2 Pro version on my laptop. However, I keep getting a 'trying to reconnect to VirtualDJ' message. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 9:29 am

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 9:51 am
I'll do that. Thank you very much for your help.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 10:03 am
manlamHome userMember since 2011
Some problem in iremote.
I have download iremote 1.0.1 alreadly.Now i can connect in VDJ v7.0.2 home edition.
But when i run VDJ pro v7.0.4,iremote cant connect it.Just show "trying to locate..."
What problem of me?How to fix it.Or,iremote just can work in v7.0.2 home edition?
Thanks!

Posted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 9:23 am
I'm having the same problem with VDJ 7.0.5 Home (Mac) and VDJ Remot on iPad: "Trying to locate VirtualDJ".

I'm trying to click on Rescan and Set Manual IP, but those buttons doesn't work. Both, Mac and iPad, are in the same network with Time Capsule.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 5:59 pm
Frequent disconnects and problems with reconnecting with VDJ 7.0.4. Prior to 7.0.4, I was able to at least reconnect by killing the app and going back into it when it disconnected. Have not tried with 7.0.5 yet.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 4:08 pm
dj-in-norway and djjameslake thanks a lot for the help I did everything you guys wrote and I'm good to go.
Thanks again!

Posted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 7:16 pm
i have a virtual dj 7.0.5 will it work? everytime i try to use it , it just keeps on saying "looking for virtual Dj"

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 3:05 pm
Do you have Apple Bonjour installed? It needs this as the transfer protocol.

Keith

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 3:11 pm

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 3:54 pm
Another work around for you guys is to set your Iphone into hot spot mode then connect your Pc to the iphone and if your lucky enough to have a ipad connect that to the iphone as well, I've been doing that for a while and it works great.

DJ PK

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 10:14 pm
ok, i've tried ad hoc, and my home's router connection, and in both cases the app spends 20 minutes looking for VDJ, then tells me I need to go and download it. any ideas on what i can do about this? :P

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 6:05 pm

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 6:08 pm
never mind, fixed it, but thanks :)

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 6:29 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Will this work on the 7.0.5 version? I just got an ipad and may want to try it.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 11:31 am
81%