Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

no worries. But yeah i did that already. Didnt work.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 4:04 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For those people that are having a connection problem, getting the message “Trying to locate Virtual DJ” for a long time, check your firewall.

I couldn’t get it to work on my home PC until I noticed my firewall was blocking VDJ. Once that was fixed, it worked perfectly.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 5:34 am
SOLUTION:

(Windows Vista)

This may not be the problem with everyone but after trying every other thing in multiple forums I somehow decided to update the driver on my wireless network card in my laptop.

Follow These Instructions:

Control Pannel > Network and Internet > Internet and Sharing Centre > Manage Network Connections (left pannel) > Right Click Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Configure (near the top just under the name of your wireless network card) > Driver > Update Driver > walk away for like 5 minutes, it did nothing for a while for me then the driver started to update.

After following these instructions make sure that you disconnect from your ad hoc network on your computer and then you can connect back up. Hopefully it will work now!

Kevin
Out Loud Productions
www.outloudproductions.ca

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 11:59 pm
I haven't download the app as yet but I got a question. Will you be able to browse your music stored on your ipod using VDJ.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 2:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, you can navigate through Folders, Playlists, Songs etc. You will not be able to view the whole Browser, just the highlighted song with all its infos.

Search is not available for the moment.

[EDIT]

Sorry you meant something else.

To your question. I think that you have to sync your iPod with iTunes, then VDJ can read iTunes Playlists. VDJ can not play directly your iPod Files.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 6:08 pm
can anyone tell me how to download full version for free

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 1:18 pm
You can download VirtualDJ Home FREE from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This is free for non-commercial (Unpaid) use using your mouse and keyboard only for mixing.

If you would like the full software, then you will need to purchase it: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Or you could purchase a product that includes VirtualDJ LE, such as Hercules DJ Consoles. You can upgrade from this to Pro at a discount (50% in the case of the RMX and Steel consoles.)

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 2:48 pm
Saw an Apple commercial yesterday... Did I see Virtual DJ on there?!?
Can anyone confirm this? Can someone come up with a link to the commercial?

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 7:51 am
spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 6:40 am
spzero wrote :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXPhoYAqRhE&feature=player_embedded

so thats a big fat no to vdj.

P.S. Google is your friend :D

Youtube blocked at work :/ but I'll check it out when I get home.

Posted Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 12:53 pm
just downloaded this app, very nice to use the touchscreen rather than a mouse on the crossfader! One request for the next version of the software, could you put a play button for each deck on the mixer screen above the sync buttons. Many thanks on making virtual DJ home free to use, keep up the good work! Thanks

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 5:34 pm
Matt..There are already skins available that offer this feature, but you need to be a Pro licence user to download them.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 6:16 am
Right, mine don't work at all, tried turning firewall off, tried manual i.p, it just won't connect, any suggestions?

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 5:32 pm
mbe1983Home userMember since 2011
Hi, Ive downloaded the app and the free version and i cant get it to work at all.

The app just hangs saying trying to locate?

Any ideas?

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 10:39 am
Howard1711 wrote :
Right, mine don't work at all, tried turning firewall off, tried manual i.p, it just won't connect, any suggestions?

There is no manual IP option - If you have this then you are probably using an out-of-date version of the software. iRemote requires the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.2 to work. Please download the latest Home FREE from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

NOTE: Home FREE does not support MIDI controllers (Except for a 10 minute trial of Pro features), so if you also wish to be able to use your Hercules DJ Console Steel, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a considerable discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Please also ensure that you have iTunes and the Bonjour service installed on your computer.

For step-by-step instructions, please see: http://www.fromdjs4djs.com/virtual-dj-iremote

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 11:55 am
lioc7Home userMember since 2011
could virtualdj iremote work without internet or wifi at all please i need to know could someone aswer this question thanks

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 3:05 pm
In a word ..... No!

Keith

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 6:33 am
lioc7 wrote :
could virtualdj iremote work without internet or wifi at all please i need to know could someone aswer this question thanks

Ad-Hoc network is all that is needed. You can set this up on your computer as long as you have a wi-fi card in it. There is no need to connect to a wi-fi network at a venue or have internet access. The communication is set between your computer and ipad/iphone only.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 8:38 am
Well seems there no Android support yet I broke down and got a Touch. Gotta say this is pretty sweet! Nice work............

Next up Android support ..........
Huey

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 5:51 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I broke down and got a Touch.

It is true, Apple will get you eventually :)

I guess you will still be able to use VNC or another remote login app to do this with Android, just not the official VDJ one.

Keith

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 6:24 am
54%