Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

billyzee wrote :
i don't like how the browser highlights the section by making it brighter. Is there a way I can keep it the same brightness in all columns?

Yes it is possible by editing the skin.
I don't have the "how to" information available for you as we speak, but i'm sure a skin designer can help you.
You can even ask at the skins forum.

I disagree. This appears to be a function of the program, not the skin, because it also does this on older skins used with VDJ 7.0. I agree it is annoying.

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 2:17 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
legaldeejay wrote :

I disagree.

Then you may know better than me :)
But again i don't post in the general forum if i'm not sure.
There is an optional skin element for this that most skins don't have of course.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 5:11 am
legaldeejay wrote :
billyzee wrote :
i don't like how the browser highlights the section by making it brighter. Is there a way I can keep it the same brightness in all columns?

I don't have the "how to" information available for you as we speak, but i'm sure a skin designer can help you.

I disagree. This appears to be a function of the program, not the skin, because it also does this on older skins used with VDJ 7.0. I agree it is annoying.

HOW TO REMOVE THE FADED BROWSER PANNEL

You will need to edit the XML file for the skin (notepad will do)
Locate the <Browser> element within it. (if you skin has a panelled browser you will need to edit each browser individually!)
Add the following code: ' unfocused="#ffffff" ' (the color will need to be same as the color already in that line)
Save the XML and load the edited skin into VDJ.

It looks like this:
<browser>
<size width="1259" height="320" />
<pos x="11" y="437"></pos>
<text font="Segoe" size="15" unfocused="#ffffff" color="#ffffff" stripes="#171717"/>
<options font="Segoe" size="13" color="#000000" over="#000000"/>
<widgets font="Segoe" size="13" color="#ffffff" facecolor="#2E2E2E" lightcolor="#2E2E2E" shadowcolor="#2E2E2E" darkshadowcolor="transparent" highlightcolor="transparent" trackcolor1="transparent" trackcolor2="transparent" />
</browser>

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 6:51 am
I actually prefer the highlighted browser.

Maybe a suggestion for the next version could be an option in the config or a registry key to enable or disable it.

Keith

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 7:04 am
I prefer it too Keith but there are quite a few requests in this post on changing it.

Thought i'd provide the solution. :)

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 8:48 am
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wow!

great new features (multidex:P) improved audio engine... =))

very very very cool update=))

thx a lot for all your great work and dedication=)))

keep roxxin!!=))

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 7:05 pm
billyzee wrote :

Locate the <Browser> element within it. (if you skin has a panelled browser you will need to edit each browser individually!)
Add the following code: ' unfocused="#ffffff" ' (the color will need to be same as the color already in that line)

It looks like this:
<browser>
<text font="Segoe" size="15" unfocused="#ffffff" color="#ffffff" stripes="#171717"/>
<widgets font="Segoe" size="13" color="#ffffff" facecolor="#2E2E2E" lightcolor="#2E2E2E" shadowcolor="#2E2E2E" darkshadowcolor="transparent" highlightcolor="transparent" trackcolor1="transparent" trackcolor2="transparent" />
</browser>

On one machine the text shows thru fine on the other I can't see it any thoughts on how to make it more readable with the highlighting? (QUICKLEY)

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 8:00 am
you heard him

quickl(e)y !

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 8:29 am
Hi

I know why my external sound isnt workin properly now! its because my control on my vms4 aren't mapped to the software. so i tried to map gain, trebel, mid, low, all four levels and crossfader to the vms4 my problem is that i map channel 2 fine but when i try to map channel 3 it also controls channel 2 so i did even try doin 1 &4 as i cant even get two channels mapped properly!!

HELP,LOL.

any1 allready done this?

Heres the new 4 deck pro skin for people who havnt allready got it thanks to dj dad:

American Audio VMS4 Decks Pro ver 2.0

Download Link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11940/American_Audio_VMS4_Pro.html

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 2:36 pm
I know that Numark has to approve, but dose anyone on the atomic staff know when the update will be up for virtual vinyl?

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 7:28 pm
hi all I'm taking a few weeks tinkering with virtual VDJscript 7 and having me crazy if someone could tell me:
I want a button such as track-select loop when you press seme pulse otravez 4 and if the loop 8 and so on until 32 and after this one is off the loops. I suppose it may do it but I did not need a workshop VDJscript jajaj thanks.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 3:20 pm
billyzee wrote :

It looks like this:
<browser>
</browser>

On one machine the text shows thru fine on the other I can't see it any thoughts on how to make it more readable with the highlighting? (QUICKLEY)

Thanks, but that solution did the opposite for me -- now it fades when you highlight the section, and stays bright when it is not highlighted. Also, the brightness is too bright. I think the goal here is to have the browser panel stay uniform like the prior version regardless of when highlighting or selecting the browser sections.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 5:08 pm
The "unfocussed" and "color" MUST be the same.

The above code is correct so it must be something not quite right on the skin you are using. Which skin is it??

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 5:20 pm
Thanks for the info. I am using an old 4.0 skin. Now, it stays bright, but it is TOO BRIGHT white.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 9:53 pm
When they said make it #fffffff they didn't mean literally type in fffffffff...

It needs to be whatever colour code the skin is using - but the unfocused= code needs to be identical to the color= code (as they said), not literally all f's.

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 8:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This script code with the focused, unfocused browser works only for the skin ver 7. You will have to edit the first line of your skin ...it says ...

version="4xx" ...must replace with version="700". But this probably will make the skin not running. If this happens, you have to find a ver7 skin to work with or modify the one you have. Modifications need some skin script knowledges. Download the Demo-Free Software ver 7 and use the VirtualDJ skins in the package, or purchase the VirtualDJ ver7 and be able to download every single skin that is available.

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 12:40 pm
I am getting wow/flutter/warble on my Ns7 with motors on. I turn motors off and it seems to fix for that song.

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 3:08 pm
ro1001Home userMember since 2010
IT IS AWESOME !

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 7:19 pm
Rescanning for updated tags:

I have updated many of my Genre tags from i.e Country to New Country etc, but the tagging info and Genre field in VDJ 7 does not respond to the changes.

Is this the same for any of the other Tag attributes.. and How do I rescan my drive to make these changes..

or is it a delete of the Database and a new rescan ..??

Any help here would be gratefully appreciated the docs infer this is done automatically maybe yes the first time but what about changes ????

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 10:43 am
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
What is a good controller to use with VDJ 7. I have only used my vinyl decks to control. I am thinking something else will do better with some many decks. But I will never completely give up the Vinyls. What can I say I started DJ'n in the 70's.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:33 pm
96%