Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

At first, I thought Genius DJ in the right click menu in the Browser window would recommend what to play from within your own folders based on the frequency of the songs you play. But what it actually appears to be doing when you select the "show recommendations" option is that it compares your folder to some database on the internet and then downloads about 30 seconds of the songs from the internet. The results will show in the Browser window with a blue icon. You can load and play only about 30 seconds of these results.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:21 am
You need premium membership to play more than the 30 second clip.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:23 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
bigbizbro wrote :
Thanks for the awesome new version ! I am hoping someone will make the 7.0 4 deck & 6 deck skin in a resolution of 1366x768. I tried the skin resizer but it only worked on the 2 deck for me. Can someone else try it and see if it works correct ? Thanks.

I am still working on the v7 compatible version of the Skin Resizer.
It should be released very soon, this weekend maybe :)

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:38 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
And people don't forget of the HOT SWAP feature for the controllers!
Just make sure you don't have the soundcard in it.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 9:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Ton-E 915 wrote :
I know, just cant wait for it.
Damn Numark... HURRY!!!

Now I have a real question, has anybody tried there Numark Mixdeck with VDJ 7. If so, whats the verdict?

Its authorized for release we are just awaiting to to be uploaded to the website :-)
Its working great with V7

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 9:55 am
Thank you, Awesome release!

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 10:30 am
cwflukePRO InfinityMember since 2007
So far so good. Awesome job guys! Many features that have been long waited for. No need to look at any other DJ software like......like......whatchamacallit.......oh, I can't remember any of the competitor's names 'cause Virtual DJ Pro 7 is so amazingly better!

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 10:30 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I always look forward for the weekends but this week I really am looking for the week day...

I have a couple of events this week and don't want to download until I have a few days to play...

I very sure that VDJ 7 will hit the ground running but I'm not so sure I will... :)

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MONDAY...!!!

Thanks for the early XMAS...

You Guy Rock...!!!

I'm so happy with VDJ 6 I can't begin to tell you all...

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 10:40 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Cyder wrote :
djjochi wrote :

I try the new Virtual dj 7 tonite in club and the problem that I encounter was, that when I try to switch the headphone channel on the ns7, the music on the music on could only be hear on one deck and is not the channel that I shooce.

I sort of forgot about this, do you have auto headphones turned off? Mine is set on load and it works well this way, You need to go into the mappers tab and put this in the headphone mix

var '$headphone_mode' ? headphone_crossfader : headphone_mix & deckselect

Can you post a picture or a video on how this is done. I have the Numark NS7.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 11:06 am
@ CadDog

you really don't need to wait , but it is very professional to be cautious

if you don't use a controller and you use a 2 deck skin , you will feel right at home

having said that the 4 deck default skins are great and the controller support is really amazing

we are truly in fact the guys to beat in a lot of ways .......

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 11:14 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
@ CadDog

you really don't need to wait , but it is very professional to be cautious

if you don't use a controller and you use a 2 deck skin , you will feel right at home

having said that the 4 deck default skins are great and the controller support is really amazing

we are truly in fact the guys to beat in a lot of ways .......

Thanks Chuck...

Be there and had it happen before...
Plus since I do more wedding events there are a lot of things I need to watch...
I need to pay attension to a lot things and one of them can't be my new toy... :)

Monday is only a couple of days away...

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:37 pm
Just back from vacation and about to give the final release a spin in the club tonight & tomorrow. I had a play about earlier today and it's excellent. A big thanks from me to everyone involved in the new version :)

Keith

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 2:22 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
skyfxl wrote :
DJ Ton-E 915 wrote :
I know, just cant wait for it.
Damn Numark... HURRY!!!

Now I have a real question, has anybody tried there Numark Mixdeck with VDJ 7. If so, whats the verdict?

Its authorized for release we are just awaiting to to be uploaded to the website :-)
Its working great with V7

I'm having issues with the headphones with the new version of virtual dj and the ns7. When I change from channel one to channel two, I hear the music of channel. I have the headphone botton on the ns7 to channel and not master. What can I do about this issue!

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 2:53 pm
njm486 wrote :
Can anyone confirm that VDJ 7 works with the Vestax Typhoon ??

Yes, the Vestax Typhoon is natively supported in VirtualDJ v7.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 5:54 pm
FLASH NEWS! VirtualDJ 7 Gets DJ Some HUGE Brownie Points with Boss!

smaller bar with hard wood walls and concrete floors, so its already at a disadvantage sound-wise, and low ceilings dont help either but previously i'd tweaked the sound as much as i could. but, i logged in on their account and put in their VDJ 7 thursday and he has already noticed a huge difference in sound - and he loves it!

that sound engine is just like the rest of it: awesome!

thanks all round!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 3:28 am
I am SO excited! This opens up SO many possibilities! Always growing... always improving! Thanks to the team and the community!!!!!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 10:07 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djsherz wrote :
yk23 wrote :

Oh, still have the mpg files that don't load- see Mickey Avalon.

Tried installing the K-Lite codec pack on your machine?

Im having the same problem now Im using windows 7 (the old codec I have for XP won't install on Win7).
I've installed no end of codecs all to no avail.
Where's the K-lite codec pack please anyone? Thanks.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 10:54 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd just Google it, that's how I found it anyway...

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 10:59 am
Is there any way to adjust the tempo on this version without adjusting the pitch? Some programs have separate sliders for adjusting the tempo only.

Also, if this version has 99 deck capabilities, although it probably will not be necessary, how do you actually add more than 6 decks? Is this done by editing the XML file of the 6 deck skin?

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 12:12 pm

@wild ..... kissin' boss butt again eh ? .....

i'm gonna send you a case of chapstick

actually i'm glad a really nice person like you is at a club where they seem a little

nice and progressive and not ignorant like what i have encountered a lot.....

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:00 pm
72%