Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :

@wild ..... kissin' boss butt again eh ? .....

i'm gonna send you a case of chapstick

actually i'm glad a really nice person like you is at a club where they seem a little

nice and progressive and not ignorant like what i have encountered a lot.....

no, he eats too much garlic and i forgot how to pucker years ago.

and i've been "cautioned" many times about my attitude - "being mean to customers" or not being "nice enough" or "friendly enough". apparently i have Poor People Skills - of course most of that translates into "did not do what customer wanted right then and there so they complained to boss" who takes the customers side and not mine.

duck fat.

the progressive part? the sports bar is our test bed for VDJ - we run music videos, slideshows, karaoke, live dj's and of course automix when they dont have a live one (undead dj?) we've always put the newest version of VDJ in there and while really damn good, have had issues occasionally.

but for one to be installed and the boss to notice how much better it is after one night? wont get me a raise, but might keep me from getting fired for awhile longer.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:38 pm
Thanks again for the update. Just completed 13 hours worth if gigs this weekend with the V7's. No problems whatsoever. Really love the "On the spot file editor" to change the file properties without having to no longer use third party program to accomplish this task. My DJ friends who use, software not mentioned, are shaking there heads with smiles on their faces in amazement at all the professionalism that has been put into the 7.0 update. They are already asking about the price!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 6:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
legaldeejay wrote :
Is there any way to adjust the tempo on this version without adjusting the pitch? Some programs have separate sliders for adjusting the tempo only.

You can adjust tempo and key independently. For example if you activate keylock then the key will remain where it is and the pitch control will adjust the tempo. Even with the key locked though you can still adjust the key if you want.

legaldeejay wrote :
Also, if this version has 99 deck capabilities, although it probably will not be necessary, how do you actually add more than 6 decks? Is this done by editing the XML file of the 6 deck skin?

Correct.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 9:56 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First night w/ new V7 and no hiccups or gotchas.

Flawless. Now I did not do any real mixing, but that's OK.

So, I think I will keep it around. :)

Oh, and thank goodness it works w/ the DAC-3.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 11:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
...and no snippet... ;)

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 12:08 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For sure he got no snippet anymore... for he is using his new vdj7ew...already.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 3:11 am
Just installed vdj7 for my new v7's and I must say it works like a dream...

Thanks to the VDJ team....

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 6:42 am
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks you guys for the new version. I used it last night (with a spare deck handy) and it worked great on my windows 7, 64 bit machine. Can't wait to see all of the new skins that will be developed for it.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:04 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
VDJ 7 slow cachcing VOB files ( about 200 Mb) why ? thx virtual group

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 1:08 pm
dj_pPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Amazing!!

Does it supports the SL1 on a Mac?

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 5:40 pm
I have mixed with vdj 7 all the week end long, old skins, new skin, 2 desks, 4 desks, Audio 4 DJ sound card, Motu 828 w/ 4 desks....

no problem...absolutely awesome..... sound is outstanding, everything is smooth...the 4 desks skin... very smart.

Now it's time to test rewire with Ableton.

Thanks & Congratulation to the team !!!! The developers and beta testers... outstanding job....

I'm a delighted user !!!

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 6:06 pm
Erm, sorry, but can I have a winge???

The one thing that has messed up my way of working is the modifications to the 'Smart Play'.
In the Wiki it reports a change to the VDJScript;
new/modified actions: "play_sync", "play_onbeat", "play_sync_onbeat", "unload", "file_info"

In my residency I generally play chart 'n party which tends to have very short intro/outro's. I use the Hercules RMX. When I want to beatmix I will hit the 'sync' button and use only the last 4 beats while watching the CBG graphics for the peaks. Then after the mix I hit the 'pitch reset' button to get back to the original tempo for the song. I don't normally beatmix when there is a large gap between tempos.

I also play different Genres and this is where the biggest problem has cropped up. My previous method is to manually use the 'sync' button when intending to beatmix, but, when changing to another Genre with a different tempo then I choose not to use the 'sync' button.

Now this version 7 is using either the "play_sync" or "play_sync_onbeat" which becomes very awkward (doesn't seem to always get onbeat). When I hit 'play' the tempo is jumping to the same as the outgoing song, which can sometimes be a big tempo change. In my bar gig on Friday night I used VDJ 7 and got caught out several times with a song playing way off tempo and had to hit 'pitch reset' button. The tempo changes fast if the other deck is still playing, but, slowly if the other deck is stopped.

My following nightclub gig the same night and Saturday night I aborted VDJ 7 and used VDJ 6.1.2 simply because of this problem. Also there only seemed to be the 2 deck skin that has the lock to enable/disable 'smart play'. Switching skins caused a 1-2 second sound dropout, so, I didn't change during the gig.

Tonight (Sunday) I had another attempt at using VDJ 7. Again I found occasionally a song was playing way off tempo if my attention was diverted (taking requests, etc.). I used the Blacksheep Skin which doesn't have a button for 'smart play'. I may try modifying the XML to "play-onbeat" on some of these skins.

Besides this minor problem for my way of working, VDJ 7 is excellent, sound quality is noticeably more punchy.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 8:47 pm
THIS IS MADNESS!!! i've been wanting to control more than 2 decks for the longest time with virtual dj!

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 9:06 pm
When I bpm scan audio & video files it is really slow & almost seems to lockup the file that is playing?? Has anyone experienced this with V7.0. The files never bpm scan this slowly with any other version???

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:08 pm
I was too slow to come look for an update!

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 11:34 pm
Thank you DJ Gods! Let the rain or terror over Scratch Live begin! For years I have used DJ1800 on one of my Macs simply because it supports 4 decks, and when I domusic for rollerderby for The Denver rollerDolls I have heavy rotation announcements and songs change every 90 seconds, so 4 decks worked good, now I cant wait for the next time with 4 VDJ decks! Last night was the last bout til feb, and when we come back, I am gonna be mean and strong with v7!

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 11:40 pm

Subfolders! Woo Hoo!!

And movable with click and drag at that.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 5:00 am
@DJSoulman

Quote :
. I used the Blacksheep Skin which doesn't have a button for 'smart play'. I may try modifying the XML to "play-onbeat" on some of these skins.

I have replied in the skins forum but on BlackSheep if you right click on the play_button it will use "play_sync_onbeat"

Obviously if you want you RMX to do this you will need to edit the mappet definition!!

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 6:17 am
5 gigs down with 7 and no problems! Great program! I even downloaded the free home eddition on one of the laptops in the production booth at my church to use instead of I tunes for the pre and post service music. We are now dead air free lol

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 9:18 am
Here are some other things I have noticed with VDJ 7.0:

1- In the Browser section, whatever portion you are clicking on (ie folder tree vs file window) will be brighter and the other portion will be more faded.

2- With the limited 10 minutes you get to use hardware with the home version, if you have a Gigaport, and you set up one of the decks in the Advanced Config of the Sound Setup to use Channels 7 and 8, it will work fine in Windows XP. But if you do the same thing with Windows 7, channels 1 through 3 on the Gigaport will light up instead of channels 7 and 8. I suspect this has something to do with the native drivers of Windows 7. At least you are not limited to channels 1 and 2, and 5 and 6 with the Gigaport anymore.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 10:07 am
78%