Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PMSL...!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:34 am
Thanks for the update. Job well done!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 7:13 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
first bit of mixing with virtual dj 7 less than 5 minutes after downloading it. used 4 decks and 4 tracks at once. used still pic of 4 decks cause i havent even played around with the video mixing yet, but cant wait. serious props to VDJ dev team on this one!

was so long i had to chop off 3 minutes. happens when you get that caught up in it.

Where can I get this skin? And once I get it, is it automatically functional with VDJ? Or do you have to tweak some functions?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 8:26 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It's nice to read all of the positive feed back about 7.
Here is a song that came to mind with 8 in mind...

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 8:29 am
krazykilroy wrote :
Where can I get this skin? And once I get it, is it automatically functional with VDJ? Or do you have to tweak some functions?

You already have the skin. It's called "Virtual DJ 7 (4 Decks)" available in 5 resolutions...

Roy

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 8:50 am
I already loaded up 7.

But I still have the two decks as always. Where do I pull up the 4 deck option?

Edit: Nevermind. found it.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 9:05 am
When will LE be available in v7 flavour?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:14 am
I think the LE version will be device dependent. I know for example my RMX LE version is only 5.2.2 so not everyone will get an LE version of 7. I'm guessing it will depend on the contract between Atomix and the hardware provider.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:27 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does any one had try the nsfx and ns7 with the new virtual dj 7. I have the ns7 but I will like to know if the nsfx if working with virtual dj. If any one had try it, please can you post a video so that I can see how is working. I willl like to buy nsfx but I will only buy if it is working with virtual dj 7.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:48 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
i have the ns7fx its a great unit with the cstoll mapper it can do audio video fx and the sampler very powerful. Sorry I don\'t have a video of it but I like it.

and yes its running nativity running OSX

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 12:38 pm
I want to say , a great thanks to DJ HOMEBOY who spent time solving my problem :)
THANKS

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:28 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Greek Bts wrote :
I want to say , a great thanks to DJ HOMEBOY who spent time solving my problem :)
THANKS

No problem!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:29 pm
Man I cant wait to check this one out :-)

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 11:13 pm
jaakko wrote :
Is it possible to have both Virtual DJ 6 and 7 installed? Perhaps I install them to different folders? I have next gig on saturday and of course I want to try vdj 7 but if it's still unstable, I want to switch to virtual dj 6.

I don't know if I have to post the problem with the new version here. But I try it tonite life in a club and still their is a lot of bug. The headphones were not working good, the loop are out sync. I did not have this problem with he old version therefore I'm posting this issue.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:09 am
Thanks for the awesome new version ! I am hoping someone will make the 7.0 4 deck & 6 deck skin in a resolution of 1366x768. I tried the skin resizer but it only worked on the 2 deck for me. Can someone else try it and see if it works correct ? Thanks.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:09 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
First full 7hr Gig with VDJ7 last night. 4deck skin and 8ch sound card running into my DJM600.

No issues, none, zero. It all worked and even had a few WOW comments from the punters.

Happy,Happy,happy.

Time to explore more of the new stuff.

Daz

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:29 am
sclavel wrote :
Hello,

We just released our new VirtualDJ 7.
As usual, all Pro users gets a free upgrade, no matter how long ago you bought VirtualDJ.
Just head straight to your download center and download it.

You can find general informations about VirtualDJ 7 on the what's new page.
Or you can find a more detailed list of the new features on the wiki page.

Also, with the release of version 7 comes a slight change in the product line.
VirtualDJ Home now becomes FREE for non-commercial use.
You can download it for free here.

Enjoy your mixes...

I try the new Virtual dj 7 tonite in club and the problem that I encounter was, that when I try to switch the headphone channel on the ns7, the music on the music on could only be hear on one deck and is not the channel that I shooce.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:42 am
Tried VDJ7 Home. Finally a decent Master Tempo! Played 3 decks thru Korg Zero8 mixer firewire sound card - no problem. Now this kicks Serato's and Traktor's ass.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 5:15 am
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Great update especially the sound handling, however I see no way of controlling GeniusDJ and the bit in the manual: 'GeniusDJ – shows recommendations from your own library based on what you are currently playing.' is just wrong as far as I can see. All I get are pretty random suggestions (I do play a wide range of genres so I may be difficult to please).
I would love to see what quality the downloadable files are before I chose them, or is that impossible with Grooveshark? At the moment I use the NetSearch as a last resort, I wish it were better - but this is getting a bit off-topic...
On the positive side, thanks for the nested folder options and the much improved browser features.

Keep up the good work!

Prof

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 7:22 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
djjochi wrote :

I try the new Virtual dj 7 tonite in club and the problem that I encounter was, that when I try to switch the headphone channel on the ns7, the music on the music on could only be hear on one deck and is not the channel that I shooce.

I sort of forgot about this, do you have auto headphones turned off? Mine is set on load and it works well this way, You need to go into the mappers tab and put this in the headphone mix

var '$headphone_mode' ? headphone_crossfader : headphone_mix & deckselect

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 7:27 am
66%