Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 30

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I noticed this too with the HC4500 and MC6000, they both use different Asio drivers which is crazy.

I just use WDM now as I can't get the Asio drivers to play without popping and clicking. At least WDM will work with most controllers.

Keith

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 6:31 am
tadarylPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have the Denon MC 6000 and a Mac laptop.. The controller was working great after the first firmware update in Feb. I started having issues with my jog wheel after the April firmware update. When I have a song looped on one deck, I can't back spin the song out on the other deck. I can back spin with effects but I can't back spin with the jog wheel. The jog wheel works great when only one deck is spinning but it will not back spin when 2 decks are spinning. I'm starting to think it's a jog wheel mapping issue in my VDJ setup. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks in Advance,

DJ. T FRENCH

Posted Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 8:12 pm
You may have turned on the 'smart scratch' feature. This automatically mutes the sound when scratching backwards.

On the default VirtualDJ skin, click on the SCRATCH button above the mixer, then make sure that the padlock icons next to the word SMART SCRATCH are not lit orange. If they are, click on them to turn them off.

Also, make sure that the MC6000 firmware is in scratch mode - Press SHIFT + << on each deck, otherwise the jogwheel will always pitch bend, regardless of whether vinyl mode is on or not in VirtualDJ.

You can reset the mapping back to factory settings by going to CONFIG -> Mappers, choose the MC6000 in the drop-down list and click the reset to factory settings button at the bottom-left of the Mappers dialogue box.

If you have made custom changes to the mapping, you may wish to back it up first by copying the mapping file. On a PC, this is located in My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers and on a Mac, it is located in /users/YOURNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers or /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ/Mappers for new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 or above.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 11 @ 6:17 am
Hey guys,

Just got my new DN-SC2000, everything seems to run pretty smooth, but there a couple things I think I should be able to tune with some simple remapping.

1. When I hit change deck, it switches color on the controller and loads the proper deck in VDJ, but it doesn't change the PFL. I know it may seem minor, but the waveform over waveform is the main reason I chose VDJ. And not having it bring the active track's waveform forward could potentially screw me up when I'm in the zone playing a gig.

2. The FX ON buttons on the top right corner are preset to 1 flanger and 2 beat grid. I know I can cycle through all of the fx with the knobs and flash between the two decks, but I would really like to use the 1 and 2 as flanger and phaser or echo/delay.

I know the thing was designed for Tractor, but I really hate that program. Eventually I want to try and setup the effects to run with the more advanced plugins people have made, but for now these two things are the most obnoxious.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 11 @ 1:29 pm
How do I set up my X-1600 crossfader to control the video crossfader in VDJ. I only want to control the video crossfader in VDJ, not as an Audio Card.

Posted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 4:11 pm
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's concerning the left pitch slider on my denon mc-6000
It isn't working properly: I can slow down the speed, but when I slide it up, it stills slows down and it suddenly jumps to 180bpm...

Thanks for your help!

p.s I'm using virtual dj 7.0 and I have the latest firmware for my mc-6000

Posted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 10:17 pm

Posted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 12:29 pm
janiviHome userMember since 2010
Hi folks

Do anyone here use denon controllers with the optional bu4500 CD deck? does VDJ continue working when the controller switches to the internal cd mode to play CDs?

Posted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 10:23 pm
Yes, you can switch between CD's and VDJ without any problems on the DN-HC4500. VirtualDJ will continue working when using CD's.

The BU4500 gives the HC4500 full CD player capabilities and makes a good backup solution.

Also, if you get the Denon X500 or X900 mixer, it's possible to control the video crossfader in VirtualDJ from the real mixer's crossfader.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 5:00 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi
Something strange has happened to the sensitivity of the Jog Wheels on my Denon MC-6000. When i place my hand on jogs..the musics stops for a second then slowly stutters and builds up again (without removing my hand)! I've done a hardware reset and even adjusted the jog sensitivity from default to plus 1. I'm running firmware 1007. I checked to make sure i'm in scratch mode and smartscratch is off.
Today was the 1st time i'm running mc6000 alone without my 2 denon HS-5500s...so its the first time i'm noticing this since last firmware upgrade. Did anything change in firmware 1007? The problem is not VirtualDJ7 specific because its also happening when i run Traktor 2pro! I'm running VDJ version7.05

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 2:16 am
This sounds like either a hardware problem with the jogwheel touch sensor or it could be a bug in the latest firmware. Please contact Denon support for advice http://www.denondj.com

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 3:39 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Through process of elimination i found the problem to likely be static build up coming from a connected speaker. I was testing MC-6000 connected to a new EV-112p powered speaker seated on carpet floor. When i disconnected speaker and switched to home stereo..the problem went away 100%. Reconnected speaker with different cables from XLR to RCA and the problem came back. Then i moved the speaker on to stands and problem went away again. I'm surprised how much of an effect that static has on the Jogs!

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 4:02 am
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
One of my friends told my that on the 3500's you need to burn the timecode cd faster...
I have no idea what he is talking about can any help or explain to me what he means...

thanks

Posted Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 9:40 am
vividbzHome userMember since 2011
I have a DN-MC6000. Everything works ok except one thing that probably is a bug that some of you must have noticed:

I start the MC6000, the Virtual DJ and I load 2 songs into two decks. Once they're loaded the CPU load stays low (5% CPU more or less). If I start one song the CPU load increases to 15% more or less. IF I PAUSE IT, THE CPU GOES UP TO 30%!!! instead of going back to 5%. I start it again and it comes down to 15% while playing.

If I now start the second deck and pause it, the cpu load with both decks on pause goes up to 50%!!!!! I start them both again and the CPU comes down to 20%. If I scratch with both decks at the same time never goes above 30%.

WHY THE HELL DOES IT USE SOME MUCH CPU WHILE ON PAUSE AFTER PLAYING THE SONG ONCE??

I've tried this on two computers with different OS (WinXPx86sp3, Win7SP1x64 - fresh installations) and the bug is the same in both.

I have an old PCMCIA Echo Indigo DJ card and if I control the Virtual DJ with just the keyboard the CPU behaviour is normal: almost idle on pause and 10-20% CPU load during playback of one or two decks. It consumes less because it doesn't use USB so a difference of 5% is normal BUT A DIFFERENCE OF 50% DURING PAUSE IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 12:09 pm
hi guys... riddle me this... my DN-MC6000 hung on me a number of times today during a gig... rebooting did not help. was told to update my firmware... but that too kept hanging and i was not able to update.

im using a MBP and running on VDJ 7.05

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 2:07 pm
Apparently there is an issue with Mac and the Java client which you need to perform the update.

Can you get access to a Windows machine to load the new MC6000 firmware?

Keith

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 2:17 pm
Alright, I take it that my problem is a simple mapping issue, where do I go for mapping? Thanks.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 11:01 pm

Posted Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 7:33 am
hi, need so help here... may be a simple question answer... can't quite figure out my booth out on my mc6000.

hooked up my master output to a mixer & booth out to 2 separate active speakers... booth out only played sound from the master... couldn't get a separate channel on it...

changing the booth output to any of the channel doesn't output any sound...

what am i doing wrong?

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 5:38 pm
Ok, so trying to fix an issue...

VDJ7 Pro works with my DN-HS5500, everything seems to be mapped good, but when the platter spins, it tends to throw off the BPM and make the songs out of sync. I am kind of lost at what to do.. It seems like there becomes a slow spot or something when the platter spins. If I turn off the spinning platter everything seems to work good.

Any suggestions? it is pretty lame not having the platter spin.

thanks for the help.

*edit* (Oh and I do have the latest everything installed, and AM a licensed user, but can't remember my loin info, so will have to get my serial and order number when I get home for it.)

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 10:09 am
67%