Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 31

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Oh no, have they still not fixed that?

I reported that some time ago, and if I remember correctly, they said it was sorted.

If not, there are definitely a handful of older VDJ versions which work correctly with the 5500s - but they're pre version 7.

I've mentioned which ones before, both here and on the Denon forum, so the info should be still around...

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 11:48 am
ok i have denon mc6000 .. problems... my crossfader if i slide it to a side on screen it starts to creep back to the middle.... i have lost volume control (fader) on deck A C and D called denon they say its vdj

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 2:48 pm
i have vdj pro 7 not hacked or anything i upgraded from broadcaster

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 2:49 pm

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 8:54 pm
OK I've been reading and it seems VDJ problems with DENON DN-HS5500 still continue....y o y :-/....

I had VDJ 6 pro on my previous laptop running windows xp had problems using hs5500 so I ended up just using serato with my 1200's or I used the internal hdd on the 5500 so I put the 5500 trying to run it on VDJ to back burner.I just bought a used laptop running windows 7 ultimate with 500gb 4gb ram all the goodies I lucked out that VDJ 7.0.5 pro was installed so I thought to myself let me give the denon dn-hs5500 another try and to my surprise the problems still exist same as when I tried to run it on VDJ 6 pro.

Here's description of my problem/s
deck 1 play starts perfect but then it kinda speeds up and down. scratching is on cue (after setting it to denon midi setup instructions) pitch bend good but I noticed while deck 1 is playing deck 2 is kinda jumping like a small scratch effect any clue ?
now here's when problems starts to bother me I hit the deck 2 button while deck 1 is playing and deck 1 stops playing and deck 2 is playing at like 200mph not even dub steppers would keep up lol. weird thing when I hit the jog wheel from scratch to pitch bend it plays normal speed but still get that skipping studder sound also while in scratch mode on deck 2 if I hold platter from spinning the song keeps playing and it also plays at normal speed smh. another thing I noticed is that dump button does same feature as reverse is this normal ?

FYI
DENON DN-HS5500 is ruuning on the lates firmware v.1400 which I believe is last update
Asio I just downloaded it from DenonDJ.com so its latest

Please HELP or I am just going to give up on VDJ and Denon Dream....

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 4:33 pm
Try with VDJ 6.0.4

When I researched the issue with another HS5500 owner, we found that 6.0.4 behaved with the spinning platters.

I think there's at least one other 6 version that works too, but it broke again in another update.

My understanding was that Atomix had fixed the issue recently (I did report it), but I haven't tried it myself.

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 9:23 am
Ok I will look into it just sucks I really like the vdj features oh well lol.... come on atomix lets get it right :)

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 9:22 pm
oops I forgot to put 7 on there ... how can I downgrade vdj 7.0.5 to 6.0.4 ?

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 10:27 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I there any sollution wher i can switch between MIDI and CD without probems at the S3700?

We have on problem here: The s3700 denon is not remembert in VDJ wen its in CD mode, when i switch it back to MIDI mode the S3700 gets known as the same deck of the other S3700.

What can we do?

Regards

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 10:52 am
Chackl wrote :
I there any sollution wher i can switch between MIDI and CD without probems at the S3700?

We have on problem here: The s3700 denon is not remembert in VDJ wen its in CD mode, when i switch it back to MIDI mode the S3700 gets known as the same deck of the other S3700.

What can we do?

Regards

no idea? we need help please

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 9:24 am
Queenzcrazest wrote :
how can I downgrade vdj 7.0.5 to 6.0.4 ?

Easy - reinstall 6.0.4 from the backup copy you kept.

If the VDJ 6 Pro you said you were using was not 6.0.4 then simply contact support
and they'll make it available on your download page - but you'll need to register your serial number.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:34 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can anyone help me out to find a way to use the denon double platter resoultion on the dn3700s , i had a bit of help from chris he sent me profile for the new resolution but it doesnt work properly and chris (cstol)told me in an email he has not been well. Is there somone out there who can send me somthing to work with to try and at least get them usable. If theres something I can do grt Ii will do it.. please vdj somone help. the regular midi platter resoultion drifts and thats all there is to it. Its not on point. If vdj could get this right it would really make a difference especially to us club DJs

DJ JAMM

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 1:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ JAMM --

I will try and take another look into the 3700s. We have been overwhelmed with providing support for new controllers this year. We have doubled the number of supported controllers in just the last 10 months, so it has been non-stop with deadlines. Not that there is a 'shortage' of controllers right now, but I do have some time to look into the 3700s again.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 7:12 am
djshooter26 wrote :
Chackl wrote :

What can we do?

Regards

no idea? we need help please

hi we are searching for help.

when i switch from midi to cd and back the denon crashed. deck 1 is denon1 and deck2 after sitch also. the soundcard cannot send the right signal to get the deck 1 and 2, as the same befor switch.

oh may god is my english crap ;)

i hope you knew what i mean because here are more tham 1 s3700 user :)

Posted Sat 15 Oct 11 @ 9:29 am
Thanks Chris, hopefully your feeling better, the 3700s is a grt controller as long as it is perfect with the vinyl emulation, all that money for just a midi controller that spins is rough, especially when it does not work perfectly, its ok but no where near vinyl...

Thanks Again for checking into it, feel free to send me any beta definition files it would be nice just to get it working with the increased jog sensitivity

DJ JAMM

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 11:26 pm
Yes if you use a separate sound card like an echo audiofire 4 or 8 or the hercules card then you can use the outputs from the players for cd/usb usage and for the program hardware you must have a separate soundcard hooked up. it is not because of virtual dj, it is because when you switch modes with the denon it restarts basically and it will work for the mode selected. if you disconnect your interface while its playing what will happen, vdj will stop so therefore changing modes is like disconnecting the usb cable right in the middle of playing.....

DJ JAMM

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 11:31 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :
DJ JAMM --

I will try and take another look into the 3700s. We have been overwhelmed with providing support for new controllers this year. We have doubled the number of supported controllers in just the last 10 months, so it has been non-stop with deadlines. Not that there is a 'shortage' of controllers right now, but I do have some time to look into the 3700s again.

Thanks Chris !

Posted Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 5:36 pm
I got a question...........and its a long one...

I have two s3700's and I use them in midi mode.

Left side is 1 right side is 2. When I switch the left side (1) to usb mode, the right side (2) automatically changes to (1).
Now I can switch it back to (2), but once i change the left side back to midi mode, it connects as (2).
Pressing the eject button to switch, switches both sides at the same time.

Is there anyway to keep it from automatically switching when I disconnect one side, and also is there away to have them reconnect as the same number they were before they were disconnected?

Posted Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 6:40 pm
Hi I'm hoping someone one could help me with a set-up issue I'm having with my S3700's......
Currently I have a MacBook Pro OS X Lion with the decks hooked up via USB with a standard non-MIDI external mixer. I cant seem to be able to follow the guides available here or anywhere else on-line to set them up properly with virtual DJ pro 7, what is going on is that when I select the 2 cards option on the software sound only comes from one channel and I cannot get it to split. Also when recording all the sound is together ? I'm sorry if my description is terrible! Please let me know where or if someone can forward me a step by step guide so I cna get these bad boys going !!

Greetings from Boston!

Posted Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 2:42 pm
You're selecting the two cards option?

I think what you should be doing is selecting 'external mixer' then choosing Denon ASIO in the next section.

Then use the 'advanced' area to select which decks go to which 3700 card.

The Denon ASIO driver is seen as one 'card', even when there are several Denon units connected (at least that's how it works on PC).

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 10:05 am
69%