Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Support staff wrote :
If you are using VirtualDJ in Outputs: External Mixer mode, then try raising the volume of the other deck (The one that's not playing out live) to increase the volume of the samples.

just is that I advocate in my tutorial mode advanced audio!

Why we need to put this:

Deck 1 : DN-MC6000 ---> Output 1&2
Deck 2 : DN-MC6000 ---> Output 3&4
Sampler : DN-MC6000 ---> Output 1&2
Sampler : DN-MC6000 ---> Output 3&4

Yan

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 2:35 pm
VDJ 7.04 and Mac 10.6.7 doesn\\\'t accept such a advanced config

Raising the others fader doesn\'t increase the sample...........

Chris

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 5:14 am
Hi,
I just bought a DENON DN-MC6000 yesterday and started to work with it, but today when I woke up and want to work with my mc6000 and virtualdj, i got a problem.
mc6000 is plugin to my laptop and virtualdj sound setup is correct for the mc6000, but for example when i move the cross fader, in virtualdj anything happen, and its like the knobs and everything with my mc6000 don't work with my virtualdj.
I plugin mc6000 to my pc and this problem happen again, and make me crazy, please someone help me
my virtualdj is 7, and all of the cables is correctly connect

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 3:22 am
Do youthk the problem it is the firmware? caues I don't upgrade it and i don't know that is is up to date or not when i bought it

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 11:24 am
It depends on whether you have configured it for Int Mix (Hardware audio mixer) or PC Mix (Software mixer in VirtualDJ.) Or if no controls including PLAY, jogwheels, etc. are working then you may have accidentally changed the MIDI channel.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

You should install the latest firmware from http://www.denondj.com otherwise you may experience freezing issues. Also, make sure that you have the latest VirtualDJ LE installed: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 12:29 pm

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 4:01 pm

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 1:42 pm
Hi,

For a whole week now i'm trying to run my S3700 into Hybrid mode:

2xs3700 (with the latest FW)
1x X1500S mixer
1x Maya 44 USB
1x powered usb hub.

Laptop:
Intel i5 processor
Windows 7
VDJ 7.0

I am a newbee regarding digital DJ and have been swapping around the denondj forum en this one to find out what is wrong with my settings.

I have made all connections, set the S3700's in hybrid mode, made all the settings and got a nice clear 100% quality signal.

So far so good.

But it seems that the midi signals are not working ?

I cant't load a song or browse with the button on the denon,If i manually load a song in VDJ it loads the song into the denon, but when i hit start, the platter is turning on the denon but nothing happens !

VDJ is not responding, it does not seem to react on the denon control.
In normal MIDI mode eveything works great.
What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks for you help in advance.

EDIT: With the S3700 i can now load a song and browse through the songs, but VDJ wont'play when i hit the play button.
It does however seems to respond on the play button, but does not start.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 11 @ 1:42 pm
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For the Denon MC-6000...
Why, when I load VDJ, does my GAIN and my volume slider on the right channel always start all the way down, and the LOW, MID, and HIGH on both channels are kinda all over the place. They are all at 0 or | on the dial, so the software should match it, but they don't even control it when I turn the knobs.
Any ideas?

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 8:25 am
hey guys i'm using alienware m17x 8 gigs ram latest i7 quad, hooked up to presonus firewire 4 in 4 out and i'm still pretty new at this but i managed to set up the cd timecode for denon s3500. the problem is it skips once in a while when i spin backward too much. i downloaded the pro cd timecode on the right side. i checked the rca's all the connection are good. i even turned up the gain on the timecode settings. made sure it's nice and round it says 100 percent signal. what's with the skipping ? the cd player doesn't skip when i play normall cd's withouth the timecode. did i download the wrong one? is there an optimal setting for the timecode ? thanks everyone. by the way i'm a pro version user, just not registered because customer support is NOT responding to my emails.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 11:44 pm
Mixer question with Denon MC6000 in 4 deck PC mode. If you change the channel on the mixer to say line 1 it seems to remain on midi. So if i understand correctly if your in PC mode you can not use the mixer to play say a turntable or in ipod and would need to switch it back to int mode.

Note sure if i am missing something here.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 1:16 am
Is the denon forum down?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 5:06 pm
i guess so... no one's been replying. . . maybe they're too busy.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 11:20 am
Hi. To all my problems are: when I turn on vdj one side of the decks mid/hi/low cadets all switch too zero along with the line fader volume and last were the sound was distorted 5 times over the set I was playing at.
To which ni had to reboot software and laptop to resolve which it did for about 10 min then came back I have re installed vdj 7.04 pro but I never had this problem before please I have all the usual devices deactivated also please help
Specs: Sony viaol dual core laptop
8gb ram
windows 7 home premium
Vdj pro 7.04
Mc6000 (latest firmware)
2 deck set up mode as per specs

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 3:28 pm

Posted Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 3:19 am
djshoniHome userMember since 2007
hey guys .. i just bought 2 dn-hs5500 and i connected with virtual dj ...its all works fine but i gt only 1 problem...when i switch to the scratch mode in my denons the song moving very fast..any help ?? am using windows 7... thnx

Posted Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 8:46 am
This double speed issue with the HS5500 was resolved in recent updates. Please try the latest Home FREE version and then purchase a license to get the latest version.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 8:58 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
can somone please reply, when are the denon 3700s, double platter resolution be usable in VDJ , I know they work great Using Serato, Im Getting tired Here Hanging on.

DJ JAMM
Professional Club VJ

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 5:11 pm
Problems mapping DN-X1600 mixer's FUNC-button's LED-lights

I'm not having much success. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? The idea would be to map the FUNC-buttons to choose deck (1-4) and light up whenever corresponding deck is being selected. With the code below, deck selection works but the LEDs won't light up.

Denon DN-X1600 definition.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="Denon DN-X1600" author="AuralCandy.Net" type="MIDI" decks="2" sysexid="F07E??06020040030200220032303030F7">
<button note="0x44" name="FUNC1_BUTTON" />
<button note="0x45" name="FUNC2_BUTTON" />
<button note="0x46" name="FUNC3_BUTTON" />
<button note="0x47" name="FUNC4_BUTTON" />
<led note="0x61" name="FUNC1_LED" default="FUNC1_BUTTON" />
<led note="0x62" name="FUNC2_LED" default="FUNC2_BUTTON" />
<led note="0x63" name="FUNC3_LED" default="FUNC3_BUTTON" />
<led note="0x64" name="FUNC4_LED" default="FUNC4_BUTTON" />
</device>

Denon DN-X1600 mapping.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="Denon DN-X1600" author="AuralCandy.Net" description="Denon DN-X1600" version="702" date="23/05/2011">
<map value="FUNC1_BUTTON" action="deck 1 select" />
<map value="FUNC2_BUTTON" action="deck 2 select" />
<map value="FUNC3_BUTTON" action="deck 3 select" />
<map value="FUNC4_BUTTON" action="deck 4 select" />
</mapper>

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 8:38 am
the mapper action needs to read

deck # select ? on : off

you need to tell vdj the state of the led when the variable is true : false, you can also use blink if you need to

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 8:46 am
63%