Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 27

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It's good that you have a trusted anti-virus program but UAC is designed to add an additional layer of security, anti-virus software is not a substitute. There are a couple of reasons I can think of why the original installer failed: 1) because UAC is disabled and privilege elevation failed; 2) the download is corrupt (md5 checksum is c9c4d0e79ef13bea8b910a0926737380).

For manual installation

Note: I've not tried installing the drivers this way although from experience with other packages the method should work.

Extract the contents of the msi (to automatically extract to Program Files as you have UAC disabled use the following)
x86 -
msiexec /a DDJAsioDrv210.msi /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\Denon\DN-MC6000 ASIO"

x64 -
msiexec /a DDJAsioDrv210.msi /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon\DN-MC6000 ASIO"

Browse to either drv\x86 or drv\x64 depending on your platform. Right-click on DenonDJ.inf and choose install (this should add the files to the System32 drivers folder). Windows should automatically be able to find the WDM drivers now, if not, you are always able to use device manager to manually select the location.

I'm not sure if the asio driver will be available this way (although from reading a teamers post it appears Virtual DJ advise to use Asio4all instead of the official driver). If it's not available, open command prompt (cmd) or the run window and use the correct command depending on your operating system:

x86 - regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Denon\DN-MC6000 ASIO\DDJAsioDrv.dll"
x64 - regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon\DN-MC6000 ASIO\DDJAsioDrv.dll"

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 8:12 am
tadarylPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,

I have my mic connected to the denon dn mc 6000 and im using a mac computer. I'm trying to record a mix on VDJ. The audio records great but the Mic sound will not record. Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Posted Thu 05 May 11 @ 8:50 pm
Hello, I'm a new user. I Recently purchased the Denon MC 6000. Everything works Great, except (this happens sometimes) when i'm cue'ing my next track there is no sound, only the master. Then again sometimes I can play a set with no problem (comes and goes). This must be some kind of glitch? I have not upgraded to pro yet, hoping that will take care of this. Thnx Scott

p.s. buy your music!!

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 11:20 am
I have the MC6000 and have it setup with 2 decks using the int mixer.When I try to record a mix it picks up the opposite deck that Im cueing up while the other deck plays.I have my output coming from mc6000 on the rec output rca into my laptop mic input.It records but like I mentioned ..it is also recording my cueing.In the sound config I have external mixer with the Denon Asio sound card.Headphones are working just fine.Software crossfader is centered.Could this be why?

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 9:26 pm

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 8:00 am
Ok ..I have read this before..but was getting a bit confused..I have been in the advanced config last night and can see this:
input: Master
sound card: Denon mc6000

Im asking "should I change the master to recording loop back" and set my sound card to primary soundcard thats in my laptop? leaving the channels alone?
Im not at home but at work..so Im going by memory here:) Am I seeing this correctly?

or am I going to add more inputs or outputs. It seemed that when I played around a bit with it..my pc practicly locked up..bad latency issue..mouse movement was hanging..cpu meter hit the roof and stayed,and that was with no music playing.Was able to get things back to normal after a bit, but im sure it was my choosing different configs in the advance window.Nothing ventured..nothing gained!

Thankyou

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 10:25 am
The most simplest option as explained on the above page is to connect a suitable cable (2x RCA phono to headphone jack) from the REC OUT of the MC6000 to the line input socket of your computer's built-in sound card. Then use 3rd party software such as Audacity to record your mix.

Alternatively, try setting the switch on the back of the MC6000 to REC OUT/MIC then set use advanced sound configuration set as follows:

Deck 1 | MC6000 | ch1&2
Deck 2 | MC6000 | ch 3&4
Record Loopback | MC6000 | ch1&2 (May need to be 3&4)

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 11:30 am

"The most simplest option as explained on the above page is to connect a suitable cable (2x RCA phono to headphone jack) from the REC OUT of the MC6000 to the line input socket of your computer's built-in sound card. Then use 3rd party software such as Audacity to record your mix."

Im doing that now and it works..but records both channels while queing.Software xfader in the center.Using chan 2 &3 inner volume
sliders for mixing. Leaving it this way..your saying Audacity wont record my queing of ..lets say chan2 while chan 3 is playing? Im cool with that.

"Alternatively, try setting the switch on the back of the MC6000 to REC OUT/MIC then set use advanced sound configuration set as follows:
Deck 1 | MC6000 | ch1&2
Deck 2 | MC6000 | ch 3&4
Record Loopback | MC6000 | ch1&2 (May need to be 3&4)"

I believe I tried this.. but cant confirm..pc didnt agree with this arrangement.I will have to try this again tonight before I toss this idea.
Im using an Alienware lappy with XP-PRO, 2 GIGS RAM,GFORCE VIDEO CARD 512, 2.6 MHZ

Will try your suggestions.Thankyou for your support

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 1:31 pm
UPDATE
I switched over to mic/record
changed to pc mix
changed my output in sound config to headphones
sound card: ASIO
DENON ASIO SOUNDCARD
connected my rca's from record out on the mc6000 and into my mic input on the laptop and configured it to record as a wave,(VDJ seems to have trouble finding the lame.dll file in the default location..

The mix was 30min long and the last 10 min it seemd to be cutting out every 20 secs for some reason.The first part of the mix sounded excellent.Any idea what might be causing that on the last 3rd of the recording? I did nothing different during the entire recording.

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 7:52 pm
If you are using PC MIX (Software MIDI mixer mode, with Outputs: Headphones selected in VirtualDJ), you shouldn't need to use the cable from REC OUT to line input. VirtualDJ will correctly record internally when using the internal mixer controlled by MIDI (It knows which deck is playing out live.)

Recording is only an issue when trying to do this with an analogue hardware audio mixer (MC6000 set to INT MIX mode.)

You will need to download and install lame_enc.dll :

(1) Go to http://lame.buanzo.com.ar and download the libmp3lame ZIP file.

(2) Open the ZIP file and copy the file lame_enc.dll from it to the following folder: My Documents\VirtualDJ

(3) Go to the RECORD section in VirtualDJ, choose MP3 as the format, then click on the [..] button to browse to the above location to choose lame_enc.dll as the encoder.

The audio glitches in the recording may be that your hard disk cannot keep up with both reading (Loading songs) and writing (Recording audio) at the same time.

Recording to MP3 may help because this reduces the overall size of the file (MP3 is typically 10x smaller than a WAV.)

Check that you have no performance issues with your computer: http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html

Posted Thu 12 May 11 @ 3:16 pm
Thankyou for clarifying that.Makes sense..
as for the the lame_dll when I choose that mp3 format it is showing it being there but still does not use it.I will download the file from the link you suggested and try it again.
Thankyou

Im curious..any idea why when I switched over to pc mix my volume increased quite a bit and more sensitive with my volume controls staying untouched?
go to ext mixer and the volume drops off. I can live with it..just curious

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 6:43 am
Hi!
I have completed my denon dn-s3700- virtual dj setup.

The only problem I have is that, when I backspin in deck no 2 I can hear no sound!!

I have checked the forward-both switch,and it is in both posotion...

Please help!

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 4:23 am
check if "smart_scratch" is enabled, when smart_scratch is enabled, backward scratching is automatically muted, only forward scratching will be heard.

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 5:10 am
synthet1c,I am more than grateful,Thank you!! that solved the problem.

Have a nice day!

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 5:17 am
I am using the current version of VDJ (currently using 20 day trial of pro) that came with my DN-MC6000.

I have only just started using my MC-6000 and I am loving it! I am going to use the new mapping to change the level of the channel faders but that's just personal preference. Does anyone know how I can change the filter effect activation so that it only activiates when the switch is on? Currently, whever I move the knob it automatically activate.

Thanks,
DjCoops

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 2:17 am
i am not using the denon tonight how do i change the adio options from the asio driver to the standard headphones? every time i try it does not let me change them to the single output and simple audio

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 9:04 pm
Make sure that you set Inputs to None first, otherwise you may not be able to choose single output / simple.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 11 @ 7:57 am
Using a MacBook pro and VDJ 7.04 I and MC6000 am facing a pb with the samples

Config is INTMIX, CF Mode on Video on the MC and Line Ins, Ext Mixer and MC6000 in the VDJ config for the use of the MC as a 2 decks mixer

Everything working fine except the samples that are weaks. If the fader is down no sound and up a weak sample. When you play a song you just can hear the sample as a tiny voice.

What is wrong in my config?

Using pCMIX I don't have any prob, the internal mixer do the job and the volume is regulated by shift + EFX4 knob or the parameter knob

Thanks for your help

Chris

Posted Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 6:31 pm

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 2:18 am
If you are using VirtualDJ in Outputs: External Mixer mode, then try raising the volume of the other deck (The one that's not playing out live) to increase the volume of the samples.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 6:47 am
60%