Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 29

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm having trouble getting the RMX to output to the speakers I have connected to my laptop while still being able to preview a track with headphones. Any advice?

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:06 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Wouldn't be easier to just use 1 soundcard ( the Rmx) and just connect everything to it instead of trying to have multiple devices do the same thing?

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 9:31 am
I noticed that when I use the timecode bypass to play a real record the volume is super low compared to the timecode. Is there a setting where I can turn it up so that's its loud?? Cause right now its not even possible to use a scratch record when cutting.

Any info would be great
Huey

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 10:32 am
You can start by using the Gain knob to adjust the input level.

You may also want to use a high output cartridge.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 11:26 am
Hahahaaa!!! The gain was the first thing I turned! As for needles im using Shure M44-7's. This only happens with the RMX. Everything is fine when I use a Maya44, SL3 or an Audio 8, sooooooooo it has to be a setting with the RMX. Even with the gain maxed out its not even close to where it needs to be. The way I have gotten it to be where it needs to be is by mapping the gains to "Power_gain" and that's not gonna work for me.

So any other ideas
Huey

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 11:41 am
Interesting...

Since you have a good signal for Timecode, I can't really see why it would be different when using regular vinyls ( after all, it's the same source...).

Out of curiosity, outside of VDJ, can you try setting the Hardware mixing mode to USB + Line In 1/2 in the Rms Control panel ( Advanced tab). This will send the source signal straight to the output.

Is the signal as low ?

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 11:59 am
when is 4-mx coming out in US?

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 12:27 pm
Just left the house for a bit so ill let you know when I get back.

Thanks for the help thus far
Huey

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 12:37 pm
Recently just purchased Virtual DJ-7 Pro. I have the Hercule RMX working with it and I am having trouble getting the B-Side Jogwheel to spin (preferrably back-spin) like the A-Side Jogwheel, what can I do to fix this problem? The A-Side works normal by the way, thanks in advance

PS - I used the Virtual DJ LE for a long time and both jogwheels performed fine

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 4:17 pm
Check the Jog Mode in CONFIG -> Settings - One deck may be set to vinyl mode and the other to CD (Pitch bend.)

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 6:35 pm
DJ Phatso wrote :
can you try setting the Hardware mixing mode to USB + Line In 1/2 in the Rms Control panel ( Advanced tab).

When setup this way I can here the timecode "Signal" and whats playing on the deck at the same time. So because of that I didnt even try a real record..............Looks like all I can do is turn the gain and the eq's up as loud as they go, not good...........

Any other ideas
Huey

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 12:46 am
As I said, I wanted you to try this outside of VDJ with a regular record to see if the audio level coming out of the main output was adequate compared to what you get in VDJ. If so, it would indicate that something could be reducing the signal level in the software.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 7:44 am
Ok will do it again and report back tonight.

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 10:18 am
To somewhat stay on this topic,

When doing Timecode Vinyl with 2 Turn Tables, using VDJ 7, what exactly should the settings be in the RMX Control Panel?

Inputs 1-2:

Mic
Line/Phono

Inputs 3-4:

Line/Phono

Outputs:

USB Streaming 1-2 (Default)
USB Streaming 1-2 + Line 1-2
USB Streaming 1+2 + Microphone

???

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 1:27 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Inputs 1-2:
Line/Phono

Inputs 3-4:
Line/Phono

Outputs:
USB Streaming 1-2 (Default)

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 1:32 am
lesslowHome userMember since 2005
Hi.
I am using Hercules RMX with Virtual DJ7, timecode setup. The truth is it doesn't sound very accurate, huge delay(comparing to Torq Conectiv, or serato). That's why i'm looking to upgrade, and i am thinking Hercules deejay trim+external mixer+for more options hercules control steal. Did anyone use the trim for scratching? Could you make a comparison between the trim & Torq Conectiv? Do i buy the hercules deejay trim, or go with the Torq Conectiv, or Numark Virtual Vinyl?
And another one:
Will I be able to mix videos using Virtual dj7+hercules deejay trim+external mixer+hercules control steal?

Thanx

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 2:15 pm

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 2:31 pm
Thanx for the tips, you were right, changing the asio buffer size reduced considerably the delay.
Although i get fluctuations of quality level the sound is ok. I am using serato cv02 control vinyls.
So what you are saying, is that the rmx and the trim has basically the same soundcard properties? Couse if it's so, than no need buying the trim.
Thanx

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 3:34 pm
Beside the obvious different features (VU meters, input trim control, 3rd output possibility) the soundcard is essentially the same.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 11:53 am
DJ Phatso - thanx

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 3:52 pm
67%