Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
layzi66 wrote :
hey guys does any one now how I could set a variable to let me map the filter on vdj 7? like a want to map the new filter on screen to my balance knob but I use the knob for something else right now so i would want to push the "high kill switch" and then it would activate the filter when i move the knob is this possible?

disreguard this whole message i figured it out.

BUT I'm trying to map loop_move (shift) to my crossfader and its not working any help?

Posted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 10:12 pm
Hi

I´ve been told by Technical Support to post my problem here - is that technical support?

I have Windows 7. I´m trying to install the Hercules DJ MP3 E2 controller with Virtual DJ.
I´ve followed all of the instructions in DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf exactly, about 10 times.
I´m installing the drivers from 2010_HDJS_3.exe and Virtual DJ from install_virtualdj_djc_v3.4.1.exe, as also instructed by Tech Support.
Have uninstalled fully using Your Uninstaller and reinstalled as administrator 5 times.
The bulk/midi drivers are installed and listed as working in Device Manager with no exclamation marks but Virtual DJ doesn´t recognise the controller no matter what i do.

I get the AutoUpdate dialog and then "The controler has not been detected. Please plug the controller and start Virtual DJ again."

I don't ever plug the controller in until told to do so by the installation program.

As far as I can tell I´ve done everything I´m supposed to do, taking account of all of the information I´ve found on this forum also.

If anyone can help I´d be grateful.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 1:12 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@alanroche

First of all, VDJ 3.4.1 is really old, and will not support the DJ Control MP3 e2, as this controller didn't exist when this verison was released.

The DJ Control MP3 e2 will be natively recognized by VDJ LE that was bundled with it (currently v1.05), as well as VDJ Pro v6.02 and superior.

Now your profile seem to indicate that you might have the DJ Control MP3, which would work with v3.4.1

Is it possible you may have confused both controllers ?

If you do have the original DJ Control MP3, try installing the drivers AFTER Virtual DJ, and be sure to always connect the controller to the same USB port.

There was a known issues with some CD version of 3.4.1 that were overwriting some of the driver files, which would create the exact problem you are describing.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 3:16 pm
@DJ Phatso

Thank you for replying first and foremost, much appreciated.

I have the DJ Control MP3 E2 which I bought in August. It came with an installation CD but I have new laptop which didn't come with a CD drvie so i asked Tech Support where to get the latest software, and was directed here http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html
V3.4.1 is the latest and only version available for me to download here.

Is there somewhere I can download VDJ LE? I thought this might be the free home edition which does recognise the controller but won't work with it for more than 10 minutes, I'm prompted to buy the Pro version.

Thanks again for your help.

Alan

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 4:44 am
You will need to register your MP3e2 VirtualDJ Console Edition serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html - This is found on the sleeve of the installation CD.

Presently you only have a serial for an older DJ Console (Either MK2 or MP3) registered to your account. This will not work with the MP3e2.

Home FREE does not support controllers, except for the first 10 minutes as a trial of VirtualDJ Pro.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 12:39 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 1:59 pm
Hijinx1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey all. I'm have windows vista and the hercules dj console rmx. I upgraded to virtual dj Pro. For some reason I can't get my controller to sync up to the vdj pro. I downloaded the correct skin. Please help. I really want to use the pro version vs the djc edition. Thanks in Advance.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 1:26 pm
Hijinx1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ha Ha. I'm a chuckle head. I figured it out.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 5:28 pm
sorted in time for christmas :)

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 1:17 pm
panos04PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey people any known issues with hercules mk2 and vdj ver 7.0.2?
i cant make it work
any ideas welcome
thank you

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 10:54 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@Panos04

Can you define a bit what exactly does not work ?

Can you select the MK2 as a soundcard in the audio configuration ?

Is the MK2 selectable as a controller in the Mapper tab ?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 11:12 am

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 3:09 am
Hey everyone,

I just upgraded to Pro version 7, and have gone back to version 6 out of frustration, and my problems persist.
I have a Hercules RMX and one deck. Since I changed software versions, I'm having the following problems:

Neither of my monitor jacks are putting out any sound at all. I keep reading info about setting up my headphones as an output, but I never had to do that before. I could plug into the monitor jacks and there was no extra configuration involved.

My turntable now takes over everything- it uses my controller to put out sound, but the controller doesn't have any authority over the turntable. I used to be able to hit the source button and switch back and forth on the right deck between mp3 and vinyl, and now- if the turntable is playing, I hear it. The controller is useless. This is when I have no inputs selected in config- If I select single timecode, it doesn't realize that I have a normal vinyl playing and makes a bad sound, and neither of my decks work- it takes over everything. I either have mp3's, or vinyl, but I can't do both.

The combination of the two makes it impossible for me to do anything, and I'm stuck.
Can you offer any advice? Cause man, I need it.
Thank you very much in advance.

Posted Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 9:41 pm
You will need to change the mapping of the SOURCE button to the following:

get hastimecode ? timecode_bypass : get haslinein ? linein : nothing

Then set Inputs: Line INs in CONFIG -> Sound Setup

The latest default mapping is set as above, so if you have not customised the mappings in any way, you can simply revert it to the default factory mapping.

Make sure you have the latest v7.0.2 installed and go to CONFIG -> Mappers, choose the RMX in the drop-down list and click the reset to factory settings button at the bottom-left of the Mappers dialogue box.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 12:43 pm
Thank you J- I've tried to change the mapping thanks to your advice- not sure yet if it's worked.

Important puzzle piece missing though:
Under Sound Setup, I don't have Line In as an option. Only None, Single Timecodes, or Timecodes.

When I choose "None", I hear the turntable and the left mp3 deck, though the right side controls do nothing. When I choose Single Timecodes, it disables my entire controller, and I hear the turntable.
No matter what I use, the turntable is always putting out sound. And the crossfader and volume sliders do nothing to control what's coming in.

I'm back on version 6.1. I did a system restore back from version 7 and corrected many of my other problems, thinking it must not have installed properly the first time. Maybe I just need to suck it up and try it again?

Sincerely appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 9:11 pm
The above is for VirtualDJ v7 - Inputs: Line IN's option does not exist in VirtualDJ v6.

Sound config in v7 was updated to properly support line in and software microphones, which is why the mapping for SOURCE needs updating as above (Which is now the default mapping.)

In v6 it was a work around using timecode bypass (Allows playing normal vinyl or audio CD's when a timecode deck is connected) and the above mapping will not work (The actions do not exist in v6.) In v6 is must be kept mapped to timecode_bypass.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:22 pm
So I sucked it up and installed v7 again, and brand new drivers for the RMX as well.
I see the Source button is already as you said it should be, so I've left it alone.

My only problem left is:
If my turntable is playing, I can always hear it. The RMX does nothing to control it, the volume sliders and crossfader do nothing. I am completely confused as to why. The source button just turns on the ability to hear the digital track on Deck A on top of the turntable. It used to be that Source would toggle back and forth between the line in and Deck A. Both didn't work at the same time. Now it seems I can't get away from the turntable no matter what I do. Very weird. I can live with the source button working this way, but the no volume/no crossfader part is a much bigger problem.

Your answers have been great, thank you again. I'm making enough progress that it keeps me from giving up. I'm so close.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 8:53 pm
In the Hercules driver tab check the advance configuration if it's like my picture

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:24 am
That makes perfect sense. Of course!
Thank you very much! I can't wait to get home tonight to try it.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 3:21 pm
While my Behringer is being fixed I want to use my old Hercules DJ Console Mk2 for recording offline mixes. Is there any way I can use this unit just to control Virtual DJ, with the audio coming out of another soundcard?
Thanks,
Paul.

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 10:56 am
65%