Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 1:09 pm
Guys, I have a very simple problem: How do I return to the start of a track using the RMX?

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 7:58 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
With the STOP button and if you re-push it you can jump on the cue points setted on the track ;)

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 8:56 am
Just purchased a Hercules Mk2 for my son & wanted to set it up and check it was all ok before i gave it to him as a present.

I'm having a problem with the audio which seems to skip/stutter every 10 seconds or so through any track thats playing. This is a bummer as you can imagine, and makes it virtually impossible to mix, or even think about using the unit for performing. Wondering if it may be sound settings, or has anyone come across this problem before?

Also wanted to know...can the Hercules Mk2 play audio on the PC only outputting through the USB cable or does it have to have speakers connected to it's outputs?

Any help please.

Forgot to add...using Windows XP!

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 10:39 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Regarding the problem, you may want to apply some of the changes explained in this guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

The included version of Virtual DJ can only be used withthe MK2, so it is mendatory that speakers and headphone be connected to it. Only upgrading to the PRO version would allow you to use any other soundcards.

As for the MK2 itself, it can be used as a regular soundcard with any programs. Just make sure that WDM is selected in the DJ control panel (near the clock).

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 12:01 pm

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 12:04 pm
Thank you both for your help.

I will try this and let you know the outcome.

Respects due!!

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 12:32 pm
Updated software drivers, and didn't really need to make any changes. All working ok now. Thanks for your help.

1 other thing i need to try and fix is the sound out of the heaphone output. Can't get any sound out of setting Deck A or Deck B regardless which PFL i select.
Sounds great out of the mix setting but only master output (obviously), and again can only hear the mix out of 1 side on Split. This is regardles of selecting PFL on the other deck.

Any suggestions??

Posted Mon 11 Oct 10 @ 8:58 am
cortoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all.

First of all thanx for the new update.

Is there a way to make hercules rmx switch between and control decks 3 and 4 without remapping each button individually?

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:41 pm
smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys

Just downloaded vdj7

I have a hercules rmx. What mappings should we setup to control more then 2 decks for eg 4 decks? via the rmx and not having to use a mouse.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 1:44 pm

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:06 am
Hey All

will the Hercules DeeJay Trim 4&6 DJ Audio Interface work like the serato SL1 and work on any cdj's and vinyl?

Thanks

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:46 pm
It will work with any softwares that do not require specific hardware soundcard (i.e.Traktor Pro Scratch and Serato) .

So since you are on this forum I will presume that you are planning to use VDJ, which already natively support the DJ Trim and allow you use many types of timecode vinyls or CDs.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 2:47 pm
yeah right not im using the cdj 400's to Vj and Dj but im trying to Do more club work witch means i have to use timecode

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 3:42 pm
Hi fellow DJ's, i bought my Hercules RMX dj controller yesterday, spent a few hours setting it up (installing drivers, update fimware etc). Installed Virtual DJ Dj Console version that came with the controller (even tho i have a home version which the RMX doesnt detect).
I noticed in the LE (20 day trial)version at the moment, there is no CONFIG button just a 'MORE' buitton, now i was thinking of upgrading to pro from here.
Now my question's are 1) Which version of Pro is it? 2) Will I be able to Config(set skins etc) after the upgrade? 3)As i used to dj online with my other version of VDJ will the broadcast settings be on the upgrade?(so i can use the RMX while broadcasting).

Thanx for the support in advance.

Ceejay

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 4:45 pm
Scrap that, got it n loving it

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 11:23 am
Updated software drivers, and didn't really need to make any changes. All working ok now. Thanks for your help.

1 other thing i need to try and fix is the sound out of the heaphone output. Can't get any sound out of setting Deck A or Deck B regardless which PFL i select.
Sounds great out of the mix setting but only master output (obviously), and again can only hear the mix out of 1 side on Split. This is regardles of selecting PFL on the other deck.

Any suggestions??

Any help on this please? Using Hercules Mk2 & VDJ

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 2:45 pm
@Mike

Are you using the version of VDJ included with the Mk2 ?

If so, make sure that you are v3.4.1, which is mandatory for Windows 7 and Vista.

Also, did you look at the audio configuration in Virtual DJ to be sure it was set correctly ?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 3:07 pm
@ ceejay73...that was a quick & easy decission! welcome aboard the pro level lounge...

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 8:41 pm
hi guys Im currently having an issue with setting up my one turntable (citronic pd45) with my hercules rmx and virtual dj. I have virtual dj 6.02 atm and ive been using my hercules rmx as a stand alone mixing unit until about a week ago when I decided to get into some scratching with my turntable. My problem is tht im right- handed so i prefer my turntable on my right-hand side but for some reason i can only get it to work through inputs 1-2 (left channel). Im getting very frustrated ive tried just about everything but i cant get it to work through inputs 3-4 through my rmx can anyone pleeeaaaase help!!?

[Please do not post the same question or mesage more than once - You have already asked this question in http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/113004/Hardware_Technical_Support/Virtual_DJ___Time_Coded_Vinyl___Hercules_RMX__Setup_Tutorial.html ]

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 1:48 am
56%