Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

rgagicaHome userMember since 2008
PLEASE HELP!

I have bought the DJ Console MK2 Hercules 4 years ago, and a CD of Virtual DJ came with it. However, I have lost the CD and I had to buy the Virtual DJ v6.1 PRO edition which I just installed.

It is installed and I can open it even without plugging the Console, and when I want to use the console I am moving and doing all of the movements with the console like Pressing Play, Cue, Crossfading, Autobeat, etc., but it simply does not function.

On Sunday I am going to play in an important birthday party, so please help me -- I would really be grateful!!!

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 1:28 pm
Short question that i hoep someone can answer.
I Just bought the RMX mixer and everything is now working fine, but i can't hear in my headphones wich is alloctaed to channel 3&4
when i change the EQ settings, that only appers in the main speaker on channel 1&2. Should it be that way?

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:10 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@Rgagica

Be sure to install the latest driver for your console

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=177&cid=1

@rakonswe

What version of VDJ are you using exactly ?

The one inlcuded with the Rmx (LE Edition) or VDJ PRO ?

Your headphones are connected to the headphone connector of the Rmx ?

BTW, both of you should enter your VDJ serial number in your profile, which will allow you to download the latest updates.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 7:06 am
rgagicaHome userMember since 2008
YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOUUU!!! OMG U SAVED MY LIFE!

One more question, why I cannot hear the upcomming track when I put it in Deck A/Deck B?

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 11:46 am
Have you checked the Sound Setup configuration:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 1:39 pm
Big Thanks for answering Dj Phatso

Have now registered i hope.
I am using the Virtual dj pro 6.0.8
and the firmware on rmx is 1.0.6.31

when i am running the uppdater from hercules its says it teh lates version

any ideas around this fault is greatly apreciaded

Posted Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 1:47 pm
So you've selected the soundcard configuration mentionned above in VDJ ?

As for the EQ not affecting the headphone, there is a setting in the OPTION tab of the VDJ configuration for this (which should be enabled by default)

Posted Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 2:30 pm
Yes
same sound setting.
i can find VDJ Settings under sound setup a "check" bod for apply EQ on external input.
But no where "to apply EQ on headphones*" where can i find that?

once more thanks

Posted Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks DJ Phatso
just found it!!!!

need to check my glasses,

Thanks for your time

Posted Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 2:45 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok here is one for all the fellow midi map writers. On the RMX, we have the 6+6 buttons. I have them currently setup for hot_cues and a var $cue ? to delete the hot_cues. Now I want to map another modifier ($sync) so that I can trigger something different. Here is the catch, I want to use all 12 buttons to trigger something different instead of 1-6 on deck 1 and 1-6 on deck 2. Imagine me using them to trigger 12 different video effects.

I am pretty well versed in writing maps and definitions but I can not change the definitions of the native RMX .xml Thanks!!

Posted Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 9:52 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Never mind. I mapped the button like this:

action_deck 1 ? effect 1 : action_deck 2 ? effect 2

Posted Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 10:42 pm
This can be simplified to just:

action_deck 1 ? left_action : right_action

No need for the action_deck 2 ? part.

Posted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 12:28 pm
Im thinking of buying the Hercules Steel but i have a few questions:

1) can you preview the track on the other CDJ?

2) what other items will i need to buy i.e sound card, cables etc (Recomendations?)

3) is there a better usb controller for the same/simular price?

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 3:56 pm
ok had the trim for awhile now never had the problem before just started recently...evertime i have a song playing on deck A and load a song on deck B it spikes my cpu meeter and the song playing distorts bad...happens also to some vids i play also?? Doesn't do that when I use the Rmx just the trim??

Posted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 7:47 pm
sjmusicHome userMember since 2010
Hello All

I have a new RMX and using VDJ 6.1. I can not get the jogwheel configured to scroll through my music catalog. I have searched the forum and cant come up with an answer.

Can anyone please post the correct script so jogwheel will scroll up and down my music collection.

Thanks

Chris

Posted Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 9:34 pm
Hello,
I am running Numark Cue, Hercules RMX. The first RMX console I received had a bad "hiss" problem. So after a lengthy test process, Hercules finally switched it out for me. The new one works great "except" the right jog dial is in scratch mode, unless I activate the scratch button, then it is in normal mode. The left jog dial works as it should. I have reset the Mapping to factor defaults to no avail. It works correctly in the trial version of Virtural DJ 6.1.2 TRIAL.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Hercules told me they don't support Numark Cue.
Thanks.

Posted Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 12:55 pm
sjmusic wrote :
Hello All

I have a new RMX and using VDJ 6.1. I can not get the jogwheel configured to scroll through my music catalog. I have searched the forum and cant come up with an answer.

Can anyone please post the correct script so jogwheel will scroll up and down my music collection.

Thanks

Chris

Hold up or down button, and use the Jog to scroll through the record case.

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 1:10 pm
Hello,

I have the ‘DJ Control MP3 e2’ console by “Hercules”. My original software was the ‘DJ3 DJC Edition’ which was included in the package. All worked perfectly, no problems.
I bought the new software: ‘Virtual DJ Basic V6.1.2’, now the program only works via computer (Laptop), there is no connection between my console and the software.
When I start to use the old (original) program, everything works without any troubles.
For your information I have: Windows 7, Intel i7 processor, and all the latest drivers from “Hercules”.
How shall I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 10:18 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 2:46 am
Hey guys, have a bit of a struggle with the RMX as well... I have the latest driver installed, but now the RMX doesnt work. Every button works, and every slider moves. But when I press play, the record doesn't "move" and play. But the play button IS lit.

How can I fix this? maybe an older driver or something?

INFO:

Package: 2.HDJS.2010
Firmware: 1.1.4.31
Driver: 4.8.9.0
Midi Map: Standaard
DJ API 2.0.20.13
CPL: 2.0.6.10

Posted Thu 26 Aug 10 @ 8:49 am
51%