Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thanks; I'll keep that in mind, I was just brainstorming. ;)

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 12:21 pm
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks guys!

I'll stick to the BUTTON1= loop_in BUTTON2= loop_out config

How would I use that holding command if I wanted to set a sequence where by holding the Cue Select button then pressing the CUE button, it clears the last cue point.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 4:05 pm
Add the following to the beginning of the action:

holding ? delete_cue :

You can also add a time to holding so that the button must be held longer for it to perform the held action, e.g:

holding 1000ms ? delete_cue :

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 5:22 pm
So the syntax for configuring a button to set a cue then when held for 1500 ms delete the cue would be:

holding 1500ms ? delete_cue: set_cue

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 9:44 am
Could I also:

1. set the cue
2. play the set cue
3. delete the set cue

all with one button?

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 12:10 pm
Yes, but make sure that there is a space either side of the ? and the :

E.g:

holding 1500ms ? delete_cue : set_cue

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 12:22 pm
Installed VDJ pro on a new machine with Windows 7 and with Hercules Remix...

Now my headphones are not in sync with the playback of the decks making it impossible to sync the trax....

Headphones are a second behind

Any suggestions would help

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 1:21 pm
Hello callmiro,

Please confirm that:
1) you use DJ Console Rmx as audio interface for both the mix out (channel 1-2) and the preview (channel 3-4)
2) in VirtualDJ performance tab, you have disabled the safe mode.

And as usual, when you have a technical problem, you should detail your configuration, for example:
Dell Dimension 5150 - Core Duo 3 GHz - 2 GB RAM - Windows XP SP3 - Hercules DJ Console Rmx with 2009_HDJS_4 drivers - VirtualDJ Pro 6.0.5 used in ASIO 16-bit 44.1KHz with output 1-2 set as master and output 3-4 set as preview

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:22 am
Apologies....

I have
Intel Core i5 750
2.66GHz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive
GATI HD5570
Windows 7 Home Premium

Virtual DJ Pro 6.1
Hercules REMIX Hercules DJ Console Series - 2010_HDJS_2 package

Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: Hercules REMIX

I've had the remix for the past year and a half working an another machine, and just installed it on this new machine and am getting this delat between the headphones and the actual decks

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 5:39 am
Hello,

1) What is the ASIO buffer size of your Rmx (in the control panel)?

2) In VirtualDJ Config > Performance tab, have you set the presets slider on Fastest?
An please confirm you have unchecked the Safe Mode option for the sound card part in this performance tab.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:47 am
jpboggis wrote :
Yes, but make sure that there is a space either side of the ? and the :

E.g:

holding 1500ms ? delete_cue : set_cue

Thanks for all your help. I went with:

Cue button- holding ? set_cue : goto_cue
Pitch Reset- holding ? delete_cue : pitch_reset

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:39 pm
Hello everyone, this is my first post, however I've been reading page after page of problem solving.

It's almost 5 am and I've been up all night trying to fix my Hercules Rmx. I'm hoping it's fixable.

My Rmx keeps getting the "usb not recognized" thing, and it won't stop blinking.

However, it was working for a couple of hours after installing the latest driver.

I didn't touch it for a couple of days, then connected it, it worked. After a couple of hours, it stopped (vdj), and the usb msg came back up.

I unistalled the driver, re-install it. Nothing.

I've had this Rmx for a year and a half.

Never gave me this problem til the recent updates.

I run VDJ 6
PC Vista 64
4gig ram

don't know what else to add, I'm either too stooopid or too tired from reading all night to think anymore.

Thanx in advance.

Posted Mon 31 May 10 @ 4:13 am
DJ_NjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone, I need help.

I have a hardware problem with my RMX, I use it almost every DJ in club with a DJM-600 or 800, since few days the signal from the Jack connector output 1-2 is getting weaker and wearker, same problem with the RCA output 1-2, the signal out of RCA 1-2 output is so weak that I can't use it in club... for the moment I can still use the signal out of the Jack connector but I need to increase the gain of the DJM almost at the maximum....

I have no problem with the output 3-4 jack our RCA connector.

An easy solution, the time to wait for Hercules support answer, would be to use just one line of the external mixer and only the 3-4 output I just use the RMX for transition, but every time in the setup of Virtual DJ I try to change to "master: chan3&4/ headphones: chan1&2" then click "Apply" and close the window, it is always coming back to "master: chan1&2/ headphones: chan3&4".

does anyone have a solution? I suppose to use it in few hours...

Thanks

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 1:21 am
Hello DJ_Nj,

1) Can you open DJ Console Rmx control panel and make sure the slider on the output 1-2 has not simply dropped down?

2) I never met any problem in switching audio outputs in the sound setup panel as "master: chan3&4/ headphones: chan1&2" then click "Apply", for me, it works. Do you use VirtualDJ Pro 6.1? Do you stop the music playback prior to going in the sound setup panel?

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 8:28 am
Ticoindamix wrote :
Hello everyone, this is my first post, however I've been reading page after page of problem solving.

It's almost 5 am and I've been up all night trying to fix my Hercules Rmx. I'm hoping it's fixable.

My Rmx keeps getting the "usb not recognized" thing, and it won't stop blinking.

Since I still don't know how to edit my own post, I'll quote it.

This is an update.

The Hercules support emailed me and gave me the instructions which I had already found on the Hercules website.

However, this time I did noticed that the USB cable I was using was giving me the "usb not recognized" error even b4 I connected the Hercules to it.

So, I figure the USB cable is shot, tried the USB cable from my printer, and what do you know, it works.

My Hercules Rmx it's working for the time being. I hope this is a fix. Tomorrow I have a wedding to perform and I am hoping it doesn't stop on me mid way.

Thanx all.

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 4:32 pm
layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey guys i need some help i was wondering if it was possible to map the know next to the "effects" button on the left and right side the knob that is labeled "P.1" "P.2" ? if anyone can help i would really appreciate it thanks :D what are the steps to map this

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 1:24 am
Hi layzi66,

This is what I did in order to adjust effect parameters using the jogwheels while holding the button for the effect.

First, add an action that sets a variable while you are holding in the button that activates the effect:

Ex. BUTTON3: <enter this> effect "flanger" active & action_deck 1 ? set $d1effect while_pressed : set $d2effect while_pressed

(Note: the two variables are used to account for the button on each deck independently).

Then, map your jogwheels to respond to the variables:

JOG: var $d1effect ? action_deck 1 ? deck 1 effect default slider 1 : deck 1 effect default slider 2 : var $d2effect ? action_deck 2 ? deck 2 effect default slider 2 : deck 2 effect default slider 1 : jog_wheel

This will cause the left jog to move the p1 knob and the right jog to move the p2 knob only on the deck whose button you are holding down for the effect.

There is one important caveat, however, regarding whether or not this will work for your setup. My effects are set up to use button 1 to scroll down through available effects (effect select -1), button 2 to scroll up (effect select +1), and button 3 to activate the effect (replace 'effect "flanger" active' with 'effect default active' above [do not enclose default in quotes]). I find it more flexible this way because you are not limited by the number of buttons on the RMX as opposed to the number of effects that you have at your disposal, and you can use the other bank of buttons (4, 5, 6) for other things.

Posted Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 12:07 pm
erosoftPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Hey guys... I haven't done any DJing for QUITE A WHILE, and I'd like to start again progressively. I've changed laptop approximately 1,000 times since my last session, but now I live in Berlin I'd like to buy a proper DJ console, since I have jobs waiting for me. I am not very savvy computer-wise... I have an all recent Macbook Pro, and I am using Virtual DJ 6.1. I was thinking of buying a Hercules DJ Console Mk4, what do you think?... I also produce music using Ableton Live, so I'll need plugs for a microphone, and eventually some keyboards. Let me know what your opinion is about that. Also, if you know cheap websites I could buy from? (Remember it would need to be shipped in Europe.) If not I'll just go and check Berlin shops - it is quite urgent anyway. Waiting for your advice!

Also a quick question, maybe naive: are there consoles using the firewire plug? If not, why so?

Thanks guys
Thom

Posted Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 10:04 am
layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey discjockeydoc,

that worked perfectly :D but now i cant use my job wheels so search through my track is there any way you can help me fix this to where i can still use my job wheels?

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 10:12 pm
Hello erosoft,

1) DJ Console Mk4 is a compact DJ controller with audio for consumer and users who want to a controller of the size of a netbook. If you look for an ultra compact controller with audio, or for a low price, the Mk4 is what you look for, and if you look for a more powerful DJ console with more space to mix and more buttons for more comfort, you should consider DJ Console Rmx.

2) A cheap website is for example Thomann http://www.thomann.de/de/search_dir.html?xsid=c3717ae0873ecdbeeb7ed36fb066d43f&sw=&gk=&bn=HERCULES&x=11&y=9 or or Musik Productiv http://www.musik-produktiv.fr/(s(t7f3tb1tabxj6rnenb937yt8))/pa-dj/dj-equipment/computer-dj/hercules-daw.aspx .
DJ Console Mk4 has just been released last week, so it may a very often in shortage in the coming 4 weeks.

3) All affordable computer DJ controllers use a USB bus rather than a FireWire bus.
The reason are mainly
- cost (it requires a cheaper hardware to interface audio on a port USB than on a FireWire port),
- drivers (USB audio is standard on Mac, Windows and even Linux, so the driver development work is lower on USB than on FireWire),
- installed basis (all computer have USB port, while FireWire is not on all computer, far from it, and FireWire installed basis is decreasing),
- legal: anybody can manufacture USB devices, as USB chipset manufacturers pay the USB license, while periperals manufacturer using a FireWire port must pay a license to a company called MPEG-LA which offer no techncal support for it, just using a FireWire port means having a amercan company having you pay a tax for it. The day MPEG-LA got the FireWire license, it killed Firewire.

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 6:05 am
46%