Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

PC -> C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers

User Name = your Windows actual user name. Of course there is My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers folder.

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 12:05 pm
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi acw_dj,

Thanks for your help so far. I've looked at all the information you pointed me to but there is no clear example on how to set up a button to scroll through the Effects or Sampler window with one button. Can you give me a hint?

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 1:00 pm
Let me check on it... and give you the hint

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 2:15 pm
Great. In the meantime I set up BUTTON 3 to "sample play_stop" and BUTTON 6 to "sample select" When I did the same for BUTTON 2 to "effect active", BUTTON 5 to "effect select" it disables BUTTONS 3 and 6.

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 10:51 pm
This would be 2 buttons... one for scroll forward (+1) and one for scroll backwards (-1).

If you assign effect to buttons 2 and 5
and samplers to buttons 3 and 6

BUTTON2=effect select -1
BUTTON5=effect select +1

BUTTON3=sampler select -1
BUTTON6=sampler select +1

You may need another button to play each effect or stop it, same would do for SAMPLES:

BUTTON1=effect active
BUTTON4=holding ? sampler_play_stop : sampler_play_stutter

If you want to play samples and stop, you can hold button4 for more than 1 sec, and it would activate this play_stop action. If you just press button 4 normally, then it would play_stutter the activated sample.

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 10:42 am
Thanks. I did as follows and BUTTON2 and BUTTON5 work perfectly. BUTTON3 and BUTTON6 do not do anything. It's acting the same as when I did my original change.

BUTTON2=effect active
BUTTON5=effect select +1

BUTTON3=holding ? sampler_play_stop : sampler_play_stutter

Posted Sun 09 May 10 @ 3:48 pm
Alright... so I want to continue to use my RMX with v. 5.2.1 (which I've been running since I bought it -- like it better than the upgrade). However, since I updated to the latest driver, it won't respond. I get the green outline when I activate it under the "Remote" tab, but none of the faders or buttons register in the program. I've tried to uninstall the current drivers and reinstall the old ones, but it won't let me. It keeps telling me that I have "newer drivers" on my system -- even after deletion. What could be causing this? Is there any way to go back, or am I forced to upgrade to 6.0.8 for good?

That last part sounds a little weird, but yeah, I'd rather stick with 5.2.1.

And for the record, I'm on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.3.

Posted Mon 10 May 10 @ 1:47 am
acw_dj wrote :
This would be 2 buttons... one for scroll forward (+1) and one for scroll backwards (-1).

If you assign effect to buttons 2 and 5
and samplers to buttons 3 and 6

BUTTON2=effect select -1
BUTTON5=effect select +1

BUTTON3=sampler select -1

You may need another button to play each effect or stop it, same would do for SAMPLES:

BUTTON1=effect active
BUTTON4=holding ? sampler_play_stop : sampler_play_stutter

If you want to play samples and stop, you can hold button4 for more than 1 sec, and it would activate this play_stop action. If you just press button 4 normally, then it would play_stutter the activated sample.

Any ideas why BUTTON1 and BUTTON4 do not function at all?

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 9:32 am
I try those before I post it, so I know they work. But you can change them to do another thing and test. If you don't follow the correct writing way for your instruction, this buttons are not going to do nothing. So maybe you have wrong writing

To check if your buttons are working, you can use

BUTTON1= LOOP
BUTTON4= hot_cue1

and check, if those actions perform good, then check that you wrote correctly the actions you want to perform.

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 9:51 am
RaZzvaNHome userMember since 2010
someone told that if i have problems with my mk2 console i should update the windows firmware and then put the new drivers...can someone tell me how can i update the firmware...some steps so it's easy for me to do that...i'am using windows xp and in an other computer windows vista ultimate...so if someone can explane me the stept in xp and in vista ultimate please...

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 7:33 am
Got it working! I had left out an "r" in sampler in one syntax and you had an underscore (_) between sampler and play_stop in your syntax. Thanks for all your help!

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 9:40 am

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 12:07 pm
Wel another question from me. I have Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz, 4GB ram with OS X 10.6.3. Also, I have Hercules dj console RMX and I play with Virtual DJ 5.2.2 DJC. 10 days ago, i upgraded Virtual DJ to Pro edition to try it.
Yesterday, when I connected the console through USB, when I loaded 2 songs in the decks I realized that I can hear nothing through the headphones. I closed Virtual and I opened it again. This time there was no reaction with the console, I was pushing play, que, stop and turning the wheels but nothing happened. I checked Settings-->Sound, I didn't change anyghing but when I closed the windows, songs started to play normally and console seemed to work properly (but I still couldn't here anything through the headphones).
I suppose that something is going on with the preferences but I can't fix it. Can anyone help me?
PS In one week I need the console becouse I'm playing in a conference (3 nights at a beach bar in a hotle in Greece). I'm a little bit worried, becouse I'm a portable DJ and only this console and my macbook are my equipment!

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 4:43 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ DJTribal A

Regarding the audio configuration in VDJ, do you have the following:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

- Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Also, be sure that the Rmx is not set as the default audio output device in OS X ( System Preferences > Sound > Output). VDJ doesn<t seem to like that...

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:30 am

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 2:03 pm
Hey,

When I have BUTTON1= loop_button I can only do up to 8 beat loops. The IN button in VDJ is no longer highlighted after 8 beats so when I press BUTTON1 to set the end point over 8 beats, it highlights the IN button in VDJ again.

If I have BUTTON1= loop_in BUTTON4= loop_out then I can do up to 32 beats. The IN button in VDJ is no longer highlighted after 8 beats but when I press BUTTON4 it sets the end point and the OUT button is highlighted.

I have the latest RMX drivers. Do I have to set some sort of timeout period if I use the loop_button syntax?

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 8:00 pm
arzee1 wrote :
Hey,

When I have BUTTON1= loop_button I can only do up to 8 beat loops. The IN button in VDJ is no longer highlighted after 8 beats so when I press BUTTON1 to set the end point over 8 beats, it highlights the IN button in VDJ again.

If I have BUTTON1= loop_in BUTTON4= loop_out then I can do up to 32 beats. The IN button in VDJ is no longer highlighted after 8 beats but when I press BUTTON4 it sets the end point and the OUT button is highlighted.

I have the latest RMX drivers. Do I have to set some sort of timeout period if I use the loop_button syntax?

This the way I've set my buttons up for extended looping as well (the loop_in and loop_out config). Works fine here, but I think that you might want to use the button for something else?

Posted Fri 21 May 10 @ 10:31 pm
Can you test and see how many beats you can loop if you set BUTTON1 to loop_button?

Posted Sun 23 May 10 @ 10:44 am
When I originally mapped the RMX, that was the way I tried to do it, but that did not work the way I wanted it to, so I did it with two buttons instead. I also mapped a button for "loop_half" to take advantage of the versatility of VDJ's looping controls. I'm so used to it now that I won't change it because it works for me. In fact, I use my left bank of buttons (1,3,5) for selecting and activating effects, and the right bank (2,4,6) for looping.

For your situation, the only other way I can think to control looping with one button is to add a "holding" argument to the button's mapping: ex. BUTTON 1: "holding ? loop_in : loop_out"

This way, when you hold the button, it behaves like a loop_in command, and when you just press it, like a loop_out, which will also kill the loop with a quick press after it has been set. I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it will work, but give it a shot.

Good luck with your mapping :)

Posted Sun 23 May 10 @ 9:18 pm
Using holding with an action where timing is critical is not recommended because the action is executed when the button is released instead of when it's pressed, introducing a small delay depending on how quickly you press and release the button.

For the above, the following would be better: loop ? loop_exit : loop_in ? loop_out : loop_in

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 7:53 am
44%