Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello arzee1,

In VirtualDJ > Config > Mapper, on right after the field showing a Single Midi wrapper setting, you have a button you should click on, and, in the mapper list, you should enable the HID controllers, it would then display the HID controllers, among which you have the DJ Console Rmx.

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 5:04 am
Hello Spectacles,

1) You cannot select another sound card than the Rmx in VirtualDJ 5 DJC + Rmx (it would be possible to change the sound card with VirtualDJ 6), but a workaround solution to use your laptop speakers is to connect the RCA output 1-2 of the DJ Console Rmx to the line input on your laptop with a dual RCA male to jack 1/8 stereo male cable in that style.

2) I don't understand what you mean with in "Also so far the RMX only works when I use VDJ 5, even though I have VDJ 6".
Which version of VirtualDJ 6 have you tried?
DJ Console Rmx can control VirtualDJ Pro, but neither VirtualDJ Home nor VirtualDJ Basic support control surfaces, so if you have one of these version, you cannot use any control surface with them, only mouse and computer keyboard.

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 5:14 am
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi acw_dj and dynamicdjs_au,

Did you get a chance to see the screen shots I posted? Everything looks fine except that the RMX still does not show up in the Mappers drop down box.

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 6:04 am
arzee1,

I rewrite what I have just written in my previous message: click on the button close to the field showing a Single Midi wrapper setting, and activate the HID.

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 9:18 am

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 7:29 pm
arzee1,

To activate the HID controllers as DJ Console Rmx, click on the line: Use HID devices, as in the enclosed screenshot.

Posted Mon 03 May 10 @ 2:33 am
Thanks so much!!! All along I thought the RMX was a MIDI device not an HID device. You guys are great!!!

Posted Mon 03 May 10 @ 11:15 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I'm glad you finally get it working, enjoy!

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 1:32 am
Hello arzee1,
Thank you for your feedback.
There are 2 ways to commuinicate with DJ Console Rmx, either as a MIDI device or with another set of commands VirtualDJ calls HID, so with other DJ software than VirtualDJ the Rmx is activated as a MIDI controller, but in VirtualDJ it is activated as a HID controller.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 3:02 am
HID has more features tha MIDI can offer, so now almost all devices are HID (Human Interfase Device).

SO HID is more likely to be in incoming new DJ devices.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 3:38 am
One other thing, my PFL (Cue Select on RMX) is acting strange. In Mappers it's set for - select & wheel_mode "browser" while_pressed - which works, but when deck 1 CUE SELECT is lit and PLAY or STOP is pressed on deck 2 it controls deck 1 at the same time. The same thing goes for the VOLUME fader. Any ideas?

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 1:22 pm
One more thing if deck 1 is playing a song and I touch play on deck 2, with no song loaded, it will load and play the song from deck1.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 7:03 pm
Both of these things happen on whichever FPL (Cue Select) is selected.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 8:43 pm
OK disregard everything. I deselected MIDI in the Mappers tab menu and everything is back to normal :-).

Can anyone help me program:

button 2 to activate/deactivate effects button 5 to toggle through each effect

button 3 to activate/deactivate sample button 6 to toggle through each sample

Got a gig this Saturday so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 9:22 pm

Posted Wed 05 May 10 @ 1:48 am
Thanks. Am I editing the xml file with notepad and saving it with a different name and do I use the exact syntax as I see it in the file? Where can i find all the syntax possibilities?

Posted Wed 05 May 10 @ 1:00 pm
Hi, I'd like to use the hercules dj console remix mapper by cioce. I downloaded the mapper how do I install it into VDJ?
Thanks.

Posted Wed 05 May 10 @ 2:25 pm
How does the syntax pertain to the hidtrace.exe tool grid? Can you show an example?

Posted Wed 05 May 10 @ 3:54 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
junito42 wrote :
Hi, I'd like to use the hercules dj console remix mapper by cioce. I downloaded the mapper how do I install it into VDJ?
Thanks.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html

Try to read:
The mapper that you have downloaded it to unzipped and copy/overwrite in the path:
PC -> C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
MAC -> Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
(do it with Virtual DJ closed)

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 3:18 am
I don't know here to find this section on my PC. more familiar with mac but running VDJ on my Acer laptop. Thanks.

Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 4:08 am
42%