Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

is there any crossfader sharpness adjustment for the hercules mk2?

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 2:31 pm

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 3:39 pm
awwww that's for pc tho i DJ on mac? is there an addon like that for mac version? and what does that do just makes it in virtual dj the program so it's sharper?

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 5:17 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hey Guys,

Please, this is not a chatroom. You have almost fill a full page totally off topic. This has been answered in MAC fourm, because it is for this kind of issues. Here's the answer to Mac Crossfader Curves and also works in Windows:

DJ Cyder wrote :
well there are a couple of ways you can do it.

1. assign a midi knob using the vdj script action crossfader_curve

2. choose a skin that has selectable curves such as this one

3. choose one of the preset curves inside vdj options

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/126268/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/VDj_effect_on_mac.html

Regards,

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 10:40 pm
RaZzvaN wrote :
hello...i have a problem with my hercules mk2 console...i have it from a year ago and now it stop working, the drivers appear as installed but when i plug the console to the laptop it doesn't power on...i have a laptop with windows vista...can someone help me please?

Did you already install the newest drivers available from hercules website?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=1

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 10:49 pm
RaZzvaNHome userMember since 2010
yes...i installed those drivers...but the same problem...no power on...but when i conect it to the laptop it appears as having somenthing conected in the usb...

Posted Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 1:20 am

Try your MK2 in another computer. Maybe could be the USB cable or the USB port. If you test your MK2 in another computer and it don't work, then your Hercules MK2 is broke and have to go to HErcules Service for repair.

Posted Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 4:36 pm
Aladin0Home userMember since 2008
I have problem with my Hercules mk2 i got it some years ago,i use it a easter home jamz on Easter Sunday and last night i want to do some home mix when i plug it in it doesn't power all i will see is i need to update my fireware i try to do that but it doesnt seems to work,even when i connect it to my laptop it doesnt seems to power no light indicating that i have connect my MK2 i only know from the drivers that it as been connected can someone advise me on what to as i have a birthday i will be playing on Saturday....Please i need help in time as we dont have Hercules office here in Nigeria so i dont know where i can repair it i need help.

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 12:26 pm
When i connect it i will indect that i have connect it but the power light will not show not on that it been connect but it show on the Drivers that i have it connected,and it will be asking show Dj Console Series - Firmware Updater and it will bring 4 step Step 1:Preparation Step 2:Audio Firmware Step 3:Controller Firmware and Step 4: Final check but it doesnt seems to confirm the Controller Firmware and it will show unable to determine controller type for this Dj Console Mk2 ....... when i press Air it indicate on the Herucles Dj drivers talk over that i have press Air....I need help in time.

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 12:45 pm

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 3:48 pm
Yes i have the lastest version of the drivers i use the mk2 some days ago at a easter jamz with my rmx working perfect but when i want to use it last night for my home mix it was then it didnt work when i connect it,it doesnt show any light indicating that as been power i only know from the drivers that it is been connected.....please what can i do i need an advise in time.

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 5:15 pm
and ur using the same laptop/pc?

did u try other usb ports?

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 5:19 pm
I have sat here and read every blog. I have solutions for some of you, but not for myself. The best thing you can do is to keep your firmware up to date. That can solve most of your problems. When you go to update your firmware it states you should delete any previous firmware installed. Just click on install and the computer will ask you if you want to uninstall the firmware. Yes is the answer. After it uninstalls itself, click on the same install tab and the computer will install it for you without you having to go to the area on your computer where you would normally uninstall programs.
I have Denon DN-S100's. I like them because they give me more control when mixing music. I downloaded the free Virtual DJ time cards and they do not work. I bought two Serato time cards and they are the best! I bought them on Ebay for ten bucks. They worked the first time and got rid of a big headache.
For some of you hearing a buzz from you computer, invest in a ground loop isolaotor. If you don't want to buy it on Ebay, Radio Shack has them for about $16.00. It is a good investment.
The problem I am having is, even after only one cue button is pressed, I hear both turntables at the same time through my headphones. How do I solve this problem? I have two headphone jacks running from my computer to my RMX. Even when only one cue button is lit, I can hear both turntables.
Another problem I am having is, when I load a song onto one turntable of my Virtual DJ, the sound on the one that is plaiying goes down. What is the cause?
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Posted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 2:25 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ Maltinej

Just to clear a little confusion:

- A firmware is a set of instruction inside a device which may or may not be updatable

- A driver is a software indicating an operating system how a device should be recognized and handled.

What you were referring to in you message was to keep Driver up to date. The firmware (again, if the DJ Console has an updatable version) will ONLY be updated during the installation process if the version currently present in the device is older than the one included in the installation program.

As for the problem you are having:

Which version of VDJ are you using exactly ?

What do you mean by I have two headphone jacks running from my computer to my RMX ?

How exactly is everything connected ?

Posted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 6:21 am
If you are using 1/4 cables out each of the channels out of the rmx and you plan on connecting to XLR. Do you require a passive box for this to work properly?

I have a gig that doesn't have a dj booth, all they have are xlr cables running along the floor for me to hook up to. Will the rmx perform as if i was plugging into a mixer.

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 11:21 pm

I have connected my RMX into a XLR cables and just use 1/4" to XLR adapters to get the job done. So don't worry, you can go in with 1/4" outs or/and RCA outs. If you use and external mixer you can add volume or eq, or other things, that maybe be better for you, but even with RMX alone, could sounds good enough.

Posted Tue 13 Apr 10 @ 10:45 am
with all due respect, i dont want good enough, i need to know for the future will 1/4 cable into passive box, xlr from passive box to speakers will this work the same as if i'm am plugging into a mixer via rca cables?

Posted Tue 13 Apr 10 @ 6:21 pm
Ok,

Passive box is used to connect Guitars and other instruments with high gain to protect equipments with lower gain inputs, to prevent burning that inputs. This is not happening with RMX and 1/4" outputs, so I don't see why use a passive box. However if you want to test it to be sure, do it. The use of a passive box will not harm your connections.

I want to let you know about WHY my "good enough" comment. It is because for me the sound of an RMX is like that, "good enough". I currently use an Echo AudioFire 4 as my primary soundcard and it has balanced outputs and a deep bass and crystal clear sounds. So if I compare RMX sound with this Echo AudioFire, Echo AudioFire has a superb sound while RMX has a "good enough" one.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 3:55 am
If XLR cables are coming out from Active speakers, in order to hook that up to an RMX you would have to use Passive Box to convert to 1/4 so you can plug directly into the back.

Correct?

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 10:25 pm
livinloudzx3,

To connect DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 jack 1/4 connectors to the XLR inputs of active speakers or amplifiers, you can use a standard jack to XLR cable, like that.

Anyway, if you feel more secure to connect a passive box between the 2 devices, it is no problem: the main interest of passive box for DJing is that they have a ground lift, so that, in case of ground loop (or in case of noisy ground), lifting the ground cuts the noise coming of the ground loop (so it doesn't improve the sound, but it may prevent the noise coming from a ground loop, in case the power installation is so-so).

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 4:40 am
37%