Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HELP PLEASE.

PROBLEM/ WHEN I MIX FROM DECK A TO DECK B OR VICA VERSA, THE SOUND IS LOWER THAN PRIOR TO CHANGING SIDES. SO WHEN I START A SONG ON ONE SIDE SOUNDS GREAT SPEAKING OF VOLUME HERE , MIX OVER TO OTHER DECK SOUND IS LOWER HAVE TO ADJUST THE GAIN TO BRING UP , THEN GO BACK TO OTHER DECK SOUND LOWER THAN THIS SIDE SO HAVE TO ADJUST GAIN AGAIN. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME SINCE IVE HAD IT , CALLED HERCULES UPLOADED A TOOL TO TEST KNOBS CAME BACK FINE SO I CALLED AGAIN NO CALL BACK. PLAYED AGAIN SET GAINS SAME POSITION SAME PROBLEM I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON? CAN ANYONE HELP

Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 10:26 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Before anything else, can you tell us about a little bit about your computer (specs) and most importantly, which Hercules DJ Console and which version of Virtual DJ you are using (you may want to register the serial number in your profile BTW)?

As well, please refrain from using caps all the time. It looks as though your are shouting....

Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 6:09 am
nsviperHome userMember since 2009
Ok I got the 2 Numark Axis 9's and connected them with my MK2 to use it as a mixer and use it with VDJ Timecode. After 1-2 hours trying to sort out a problem i found out it was that i had to get the PRO grade TimeCode. But now..i can't use any effects from the player and when i hit Pause it just starts skipping the song back and forward and I can't CUE. Any idea on what is wrong?

Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 3:43 pm
Hello nsviper,

It is logical you lose the DSP effects when you mix time code discs, as these effects can just disturb the time-code coding. When you are in time code, your effects are either in the DJ software, or, if you use an external mixer, in the mixer if this mixer has effects.
Regarding you problems when you push on Pause and Cue, can you try the time code modes "Smart Relative" and "Absolute"?

Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 11:06 am
I recently upgraded to VDJ 6 and installed latest drivers for Hercules DJ Console RMX and the mixer still won't work.
It worked on previous 5.0 version
any suggestions? I'm running Vista

Posted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 4:36 pm
I am changing my old computer and I lost my CD that comes with my DJ Console MK2 and uses VERTUAL DJ, how can I get the key on the old to use on the new

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 4:03 am
Hello DJCochino,

1) Please precise which version of VirtualDJ 6 you have installed.
2) In some case, when updating VirtualDJ Pro 5 into VirtualDJ Pro 6, I have noticed VirtualDJ partly uninstalled the DJ Console series drivers so that I had to re-install Hercules DJ Console Series drivers after installing the new VirtualDJ Pro 6.
Have you tried installing Hercules last driver (2009_HDJS_4.exe) after installing VirtualDJ Pro 6?

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 6:02 am
dtracey4353,

If you don't find the CD enveloppe with the VirtualDJ serial number, you can contact Hercules technical support and, based on your proof of owning a DJ Console Mk2, they can send you a new serial number or the CD with the serial number but it is not for free (contact Hercules technical support by email http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email or by phone).
You should type this serial number into your profile on VirtualDJ website, because with this profile you would not have lost the serial number.

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 6:08 am
hi everybody
i just switched over from numark total control and i must say i am very pleased.
i just have a few questions.
i had vdj pro installed (so i didnt need the light edition)

the buttons 1-6 are already mapped to loops - sample- etc.

my question is:
how do i change the sample that is fixed to this button from sample a to sample b ( on the total control you just selected the sample with the knob)

how do i in general remap those buttons (1-6 on every side) for my needs ?

in the manual it says that you can do it with the vdj light edition .

but since i have the pro ...... what do i do ?

i guess that is probably preety simple , so any help is welcome
thanks in advance
daniel

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 12:43 pm

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 1:23 pm
hello ,I've been enjoying my new hercules and its great. Well my problem is when i let go of the jog wheel after a scratch there is a little delay or sort of a tiny pause and it doesnt sound good. I'm very new at using hercules and any help or tuturial that any one can refur me to will be much appriciated. it kind of like the timing is off between the hurcules and virtual dj, when I do the scratch with my mouse on the screen no problem but with the jog wheel i have that little fraction of a secound delay.
I m useing windows 7 with hurcules rmx and Vdj

thank you

PLease Follow Forum Rules, It is not allowed to left e-mails in the forum. VirtualDJ Team

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 9:35 am

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 11:03 am
Aladin0Home userMember since 2008
I need help i just got a Hercules Controller RMX and am having problem with it am unable to preview my next track on Deck once i load Deck be i will not be able to hear what my Deck A is playing and moreso the same thing happen to my output once Deck B is been load the music will not stop,My Microphone is not working as well can someone please tell me how i will fix all this so i can be able to use my Hercules Controller RMX I even try and use it with VDJ pro but not working pefect.I need help as soon as possible.

Posted Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 1:15 pm
Hello,

I own hercules Control mp3e2.
Can I use another version of virtual DJ then the one is included in the pack.

I would like to upgrade the programm because it is too basic.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 21 Mar 10 @ 6:11 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 4:56 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Don't forget you have a VirtualDJ version that give you a discount for Pro version. Just place your serial number in the bottom of that page

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

And you will enter the order process with your current discount to buy VirtualDJ pro version.

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 2:41 pm
Hello fidolaro,

Don't buy VirtualDJ Home or VirtualDJ Basic: they don't work with DJ controllers, so they support only mixing with mouse/trackball/touchpad.
Only VirtualDJ Pro can complete a DJ control surface.

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 5:18 pm
Hello everyone, i have a few questions regarding my new Hercules RMx.

I have the newest VDJ pro version perviously installed on my pc. I only use my VDJ for internet mixes, monitoring with headphones. I've installed the newest drivers for th RMx. I'm guessing that my headphones will only work properly when installed into the RMx 1/4 jack on top of the unit, and not how they worked previously which they were previously plugged into my pc when monitoring songs being played, can someone confirm that? Also is the USB wire the only wire which i should be attaching from my pc to the RMx for internet mixing only? Im asking this because i only have an RCA jack on my headphones, and before i go out and purchase an adapter so that they can be installed into the RMx i would rather make just one trip to the store and get everything i need at once. Thank you in advance and im sure ill have more questions . :)))

Posted Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 10:46 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

If you have VirtualDJ Pro you can work with your old sound card as you have use it before you have RMX or using RMX as a sound card.

If you are going to use RMX, then you would need to plug Speakers to RCA or 1/4" plug 1-2 Outs and Headphones on 3-4 RCA or at the top or front of headphones output in the RMX.

If you use 3-4 outputs you will have less headphone output levels than you could get in 1/4" headphone outputs in the top or front of RMX.

Posted Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 2:33 pm
RaZzvaNHome userMember since 2010
hello...i have a problem with my hercules mk2 console...i have it from a year ago and now it stop working, the drivers appear as installed but when i plug the console to the laptop it doesn't power on...i have a laptop with windows vista...can someone help me please?

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 1:53 am
35%