Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello michael_faithless26,

As UCA 202 has only 1 stereo output, you must use at the same time your computer built-in sound card (for the mix) and your UCA 202 (for the preview), or vice versa.
For example, you can set VirtualDJ with
- your speakers connected to your computer built-in sound card
- your headphones connected to your UCA202 headphones output:
So, in VirtualDJ Sound setup panel, you set:
- Inputs: none
- Outputs: headphones
- Master = First card / Heaphones = Second card
- Sound Card = 2 sound cards
- In the top field, set the name of your computer built-in sound card: for example Sigmatel Audio
- In the second field, set the name of your UCA 202 sound card, for example Generic USB Audio Device.

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 10:30 am
So much for On-line help.

Thanks !

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 7:17 pm
To : Made In Breizh,

Thnx.. that was great info, still have one question though, if i set the UCA202 to be the Master Can i use the RCA output jack of the UCA202 to connect to the speakers? or still thru the phones jack?

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 11:45 pm
how can i make my inputs channels work, they are not working anymore since i update virtual dj(5.2 dj console) and the hercules rmx

Posted Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 8:07 pm
michael_faithless26,

To play the mix on the UCA202, I suggest you connect the UCA202 RCA outputs to the speakers rather than the phone jack output.

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 4:51 am
dj_felix5 wrote :
how can i make my inputs channels work, they are not working anymore since i update virtual dj(5.2 dj console) and the hercules rmx

You need to be in ASIO mode for the inputs to work. Click on the Hercules driver icon in your taskbar and change the mode from DWM to ASIO.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 7:15 am
aalopez wrote :
I am interested in using the Hercules RMX with an external sound card/mixer. However I would like to pre-listen/pre-mix with the RMX internal sound card.
Is this possible (Instructions would be appreciated) ? Otherwise I would just go with the Steel.

VCI is not worth the money since the only scratching I do is my head when I look at the price.

Why do you want to use an external sound card with the RMX? - It is an external sound card...

Roy

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 7:16 am
Hi, I got a problem with hercules dj controller mp3 e2.

I installed it with all the drivers and vdj that were given to me, but when I start vdj it says:" The controller has not been detected. Please plug in the controller and start vdj again."
Also the hercules icon in the right bottom corner of the screen has a red cross through it when my controller is plugged in.
In the windows configuration screen I found out it has something to do with bulk? What does it mean? I know you have bulk and midi but i don't have a clue what it actually means.

I tried the controller on a different computer and it worked perfectly, so it doesn't have anything to do with the controller itself.

Can anyone please help me?
grts Michiel

Posted Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 7:04 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 9:50 am
linkrokHome userMember since 2010
Hello,

Sorry for stupidest question ever, but I just bought the Hercules Rmx, and installed everything. And I can't hear the songs playing from my pc speakers, so I decided to go into configs. But I realized that I can't find config button in the VirtualDJ skin that it comes with.....So I'm a bit stuck, do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks for your time!

Posted Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 11:49 pm
As the included version of Virtual DJ is designed to work only with the Rmx soundcard, you have to connect speakers and headphone to the Rmx itselft (As indicated in the manual).

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 6:46 am
Hello,

Guys I may have a dumb question but i'm a noob so I don't know how everything works yet. I bought a Hercules Dj Console Rmx, and installed everything properly, everything works. But here is my problem, I got the effect "Cut" and I want to use it one of my 6 main effects, but I thought i can change the cut length just with my jogging wheel, but it doesn't work( I press on the button Cut and rotate my jog wheel). So my question is, is it the problem in my hardware/software, or this effect just simple can't manipulated with jogging wheel ?

Thank you for your time!

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 9:15 am
manos2eHome userMember since 2009
I have DJ CONSOLE MK2 and i have windows 7 installed to my computer...!and when i double click the virtual dj icon to play..!it says me...: the controller is not detected...!is there something to do with my windows 7???and if it can't work...with this software...what i could do with my windows to play...?

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 9:41 am
As the included version of Virtual DJ is designed to work only with the Rmx soundcard, you have to connect speakers and headphone to the Rmx itselft (As indicated in the manual).

Yea thx I figured it out like 10 minutes after I posted the question :)) Thx though !

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 10:36 am

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 1:11 pm
layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey everyone got a question so i've had the rmx for maybe two months everything is going great but the right deck when i am cuing up a song and go in reverse i cant hear anything? (like the scratch noise) i really need to hear it cuz i like to scratch ?what is going on it didnt happen till just recently the left deck does it when im in scratch mode and i go reverse i hear the sound but on the right side i cant help?

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 2:07 pm
You may have enabled 'smart scratch' - This mutes the volume when scratching backwards.

To turn this off, go to the SCRATCH panel on the v6 Pro default skin and click the padlocks either side of SMARTSCRATCH to toggle this feature on/off (It's on for the appropriate deck when the padlock is lit orange.)

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 2:52 pm
farhanashraf wrote :
do all the buttons light up?

I don't look at these forums as often as I'd like to, so I'm just catching up with this thread.

I conducted product demos on all the Hercules controllers, including the MK4 at the NAMM show in Anaheim, California last month, using a prototype unit (production models are being made now, I believe). All the buttons lit up.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 1:59 pm
Hi everyone can anyone point me to a link where I can set up my VDJ 6.5 timecode with windows 7. I can't get the circles or 100% quality. It works but I have some skips every now and then. Thanks.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 11:40 pm

Posted Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 7:43 am
30%